Woman Deadlifting Double Bodyweight

Found this on Ross’s site. No belt and no suit. Very impressive lifting.

I can barely lift that much once.

I can’t tell how much weight is on that bar but itdoes look impressive. The handstand pushups are insane though!

Does anyone know how much is considered heavy for a woman to deadlift? That’s my best strength so I just wanted to get an idea.

Personally, I always thought I would be impressed with myself if I could deadlift 100lbs more than my bodyweight. Now I want at least double bodyweight.

I don’t know what would be considered “heavy” by other people.

Hee’s a vid of a Candadian Crossfiter doing 25lbs under a triple bodyweight lift @ around 100lbs

Double is my goal this year. I need to hit 250. Last time I checked, I was at 215 so I have a way to go.

Amanda, check out this table for strenth stardards on deadlift. It breaks it out by gender and weight. They have them for squat bench etc.

Thanks for the link ouroboro. I’ll check it out.

(edit) I just noticed you didn’t post the link ; )

[quote]AmandaSC wrote:
Thanks for the link ouroboro. I’ll check it out.

(edit) I just noticed you didn’t post the link ; )
[/quote]

Sorry about that. I’m a bit slow sometimes.

Here it is. exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html

That link is very interesting. I guess I was doing better than I thought; my DL was advanced. Sweet. :slight_smile:

[quote]sic wrote:
That link is very interesting. I guess I was doing better than I thought; my DL was advanced. Sweet. :)[/quote]

Feels good doesn’t it. I think mines advanced. My squat is close to elite. We won’t discuss the rest. It sucks.

Here is a video of a Norwegian o-lifter doing 2.5x bodyweight for 5 reps

Those standards look way off.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:

[/quote]

You could be right. They site their own sources. I believe the numbers refer to raw lifts. I’m not sure how much of a difference that makes. In the past most of the information I found was geared to men so I was just happy to find anything. If you know of any other sources, I would love to have a look.

O

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Regular Gonzalez wrote:

You could be right. They site their own sources. I believe the numbers refer to raw lifts. I’m not sure how much of a difference that makes. In the past most of the information I found was geared to men so I was just happy to find anything. If you know of any other sources, I would love to have a look.

O[/quote]

The only problem I have with those standards is that the numbers for lower body strength for women are only around 60 percent of those listed for men. I remember reading in one of athletics coach Charlie Francis’s books that his female sprinters have 90-95% of the lower body strength (relative to bodyweight) of his male sprinters. He found upper body to be more like 60%.

Even so, anyone who qualifies as elite under the standards that you listed is doing better than the vast majority of the population.

today in the gym i watched a girl pull 335 sumo

i’ve seen her pulling 315 conventional for singles as well.

except she just drops the whole bar instead of lowering it, which is kinda weird but whatever. still a wicked strong pull

i wouldn’t say she was over 5"6 and weighed more than maybe 160

this was in sneakers, with no chalk or belt and i dind’t even see her warm up.

she doesn’t seem to be in powerlifting but i watned to walk up to her and tell her that was an incredible pull and she should pursue powerlifting

my 15 yo sister went outside while I was lifting with my new bar and asked about the weight. I only had 60kg on the bar and told her the correct way to deadlift it (sumo style) and she did it without much problem, said her grip hurt though. She hasn’t done anything athletic in the past. This is pretty strong is it not?

I absolutely cannot wait until I am pulling as much as you ladies are.

[quote]actionjeff wrote:
my 15 yo sister went outside while I was lifting with my new bar and asked about the weight. I only had 60kg on the bar and told her the correct way to deadlift it (sumo style) and she did it without much problem, said her grip hurt though. She hasn’t done anything athletic in the past. This is pretty strong is it not? [/quote]

Sure! Sounds like she’s a natural ~

Renee

For a male,2x bodyweight is the elite standard, but I’ve never seen anything for females. Anything close to that would be awesome, though. Very few women that I know even deadlift, so if you do, you are way ahead of the crowd… Keep it up!

For a male,2x bodyweight is the elite standard, but I’ve never seen anything for females. Anything close to that would be awesome, though. Very few women that I know even deadlift, so if you do, you are way ahead of the crowd… Keep it up!

[quote]Wimsey wrote:
For a male,2x bodyweight is the elite standard, but I’ve never seen anything for females. Anything close to that would be awesome, though. Very few women that I know even deadlift, so if you do, you are way ahead of the crowd… Keep it up![/quote]

2xbw is NOT elite for males more like 3x

[quote]liftheavy wrote:
Found this on Ross’s site. No belt and no suit. Very impressive lifting.

I can barely lift that much once.

[/quote]

looks like a guy