[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
He should have tased her.

“Heh heh, use the TASER, THE TASER!! Meh heh heh”

Settle down Beavis[/quote]

“Heh heh, yea, heh shut up,Butthead. Heh heh. Tasers rule!”

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
You guys are exactly right, because when the only side of story is given by a 70 year old woman it is 100% correct. This sounds like a convenient piece of journalistic sensationalism.[/quote]
lol

Yeah, that’s it.

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK.

Seriously, only in Utah would a city impose prohbitions on lawn care. Good grief. And besides that, WHO ARRESTS A 70 YEAR OLD LADY TRYING TO SIT DOWN?? Fire the cop. Then demand he pay back his last 12 paychecks because he is too stupid to deserve the money citizens pay him for performing his job incompetently. Then get rid of that stupid ass law for lawn care.

I need a drink to calm down…too many dumbasses in the world–I’m losing IQ points faster than Rosie O’Donnell scarfs down skittles.

this is about the thousandth time ive said this in the past month, police are getting way out of hand. these fucking powertrips need to stop. i say its not long before there is a large clash of civilians and police.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

Seriously, only in Utah would a city impose prohbitions on lawn care. Good grief. And besides that, WHO ARRESTS A 70 YEAR OLD LADY TRYING TO SIT DOWN?? Fire the cop. Then demand he pay back his last 12 paychecks because he is too stupid to deserve the money citizens pay him for performing his job incompetently. Then get rid of that stupid ass law for lawn care.
[/quote]

Dude. Do you really think this is only Utah? These laws exist and are ENFORCED around the country. Shit, here in little hippieville Moscow Idaho we have laws as to how tall our fence must be or how much lawn our houses must have. Freedom baby.

mike

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Here we fuckin’ go again. Reznor, are you ready?[/quote]

By god the laws, the law. You can’t not tell the police your name and date of birth when it is lawfully requested as in this case as she violated a city ordinance by having a bad lawn. We have to enforce the law equally without regards to age, sex, race, ethnic origin and all the other equal rights terms so if she resisted arrest as I imagine she did then she probably got what she deserved.

Ha ha. That is a joke everybody. I will say that on face value this appears that the officer got a little overzealous. I sure he is a young officer. If he really f’d up then I’m sure he’ll get what’s coming and I wont be defending him based upon whats in this news story.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Dude. Do you really think this is only Utah? These laws exist and are ENFORCED around the country. Shit, here in little hippieville Moscow Idaho we have laws as to how tall our fence must be or how much lawn our houses must have. Freedom baby.

mike[/quote]

You should try living next to my parents’ house. They are the reason these ordinances exist.

People care about their property values, and I can’t fault them for that. I think it should be taken care of at the level of a Home Owner’s or Condo association, rather than law; but if you really want to “live free” with regard to the exterior of your property, move to North Dakota or Texas or somewhere your house’s appearance won’t affect anyone else.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:

mike

You should try living next to my parents’ house. They are the reason these ordinances exist.

People care about their property values, and I can’t fault them for that. I think it should be taken care of at the level of a Home Owner’s or Condo association, rather than law; but if you really want to “live free” with regard to the exterior of your property, move to North Dakota or Texas or somewhere your house’s appearance won’t affect anyone else.[/quote]

Property values are certainly a valid concern, but I think you hit the nail on the head. You have got to find a better way to do this. Make a person contractually obligated to do these things when they BUY their homes for example. Property values are important, but freedom is obviously more important.

This reminds me of de Tocqueville. He said, “It must not be forgotten that it is especially dangerous to enslave men in the minor details of life. For my own part, I should be inclined to think freedom less necessary in great things than in little ones. [Subjection in minor affairs] does not drive men to resistance, but it crosses them at every turn, till they are led to surrender the exercise of their own free will.”

mike

HEAVYMETALMATT wrote:

this is about the thousandth time ive said this in the past month, police are getting way out of hand. these fucking powertrips need to stop. i say its not long before there is a large clash of civilians and police.

I see where you’re a soldier as was I in a previous life. Do we condemn the hundreds of thousands serving in our military because of the atrocities committed by a few soldiers serving in Iraq?

There are those that commit all sorts of violations, fraud, assaults, atrocities and shameful acts but not because of their profession. Doctors, lawyers, teachers, priests, soldiers, politicians, presidents, cops and just about every profession fall into this category.

People who are not grounded in their value system with good morals, ethics, respect and compassion for others will not be any different whether they become doctors, lawyers, cops, priests, etc. The “bad seeds” are in every profession and hopefully when they become known they are removed from those positions.

The vast majority of police officers are good decent people who still have their integrity unblemished…as are doctors, lawyers, teachers, priests, soldiers, etc.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
WHAT.

THE.

FUCK.

I need a drink to calm down…too many dumbasses in the world–I’m losing IQ points faster than Rosie O’Donnell scarfs down skittles.[/quote]

Hey…kiss my Utah living Ass.

You think this is a Utah thing? Why because you know soooo much about Utah because you saw a episode of Big Love on cable…Shut The Fuck Up.

This is a messed up situation for sure, but I love it here (by the way, grew up in Fresno California, came here for College) and I don’t appreciate you stereotyping where I live with your backwater bias.

IF you want a real treat, go check out the cops working on military posts. I’m talking about the civilians hired on to take the pressure off of the active duty guys. These are some of the biggest losers I’ve met in a long time. Most dropped out of a real law enforcement academy or training program.

So now, we have poorly training people who want to act like they are LAPD or NYPD, charging people for every little thing that goes down (arguments on the front lawn often get you charged for something akin to domestic violence) and folks who think that their military law enforcement authority extends into the neighboring town.

I’ve personally restrained some of these fuckers from going overboard and abusing their very limited authority and power which would have caused an incident that I’d rather not get caught up in.

On the other hand I often work with the guys who are low-key and try to actually resolve or correct some kind of problem, work to prevent a repeat of that same problem, and keep people’s names off of the shift reports thus keeping life rolling along as usual.