T Nation

Wolverine Turkey Jerky Nuggets

Just took a sales job that has me out sometimes 14-16hrs per day. I pack several meals but on the paticularly long days it is hard to find something nutritious that does not freeze or melt if left in the car for sometime.

I have had a hard time suddenly finding these turkey jerky nuggets which are ideal for traveling with and they are much lower in sodium than regular jerky products. Does anyone know where I can purchase this product,

[quote]xalfred wrote:
Just took a sales job that has me out sometimes 14-16hrs per day. I pack several meals but on the paticularly long days it is hard to find something nutritious that does not freeze or melt if left in the car for sometime.

I have had a hard time suddenly finding these turkey jerky nuggets which are ideal for traveling with and they are much lower in sodium than regular jerky products. Does anyone know where I can purchase this product,[/quote]

Ah shit I thought this would be an X-men brand jerky. Like maybe with wolverine on the front eating some. I’d buy that shit if it was low carb.

-chris

I do not know where to find those. For your melting problems have you considered one of those small coolers that plugs into your cars cigarette lighter. They are about $40 at most truck stops.

[quote]duece wrote:
I do not know where to find those. For your melting problems have you considered one of those small coolers that plugs into your cars cigarette lighter. They are about $40 at most truck stops.[/quote]

Yeah, but wouldn’t the cooler turn off when the car is turned off?

no. it still pulls off of the battery like a phone charger would.

Out of curiosity… what protein sources melt?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Out of curiosity… what protein sources melt?[/quote]

I’m assuming he’s referring to protein bars. However, I have seen cooked chicken breasts, which have been left in a ziploc bag for 5 or 6 days, do something that resembles melting :wink:

[quote]BFBullpup wrote:
duece wrote:
I do not know where to find those. For your melting problems have you considered one of those small coolers that plugs into your cars cigarette lighter. They are about $40 at most truck stops.

Yeah, but wouldn’t the cooler turn off when the car is turned off?[/quote]

Even if it did, the idea of a cooler is that it is insulated to keep the cold in. It should remain cold until you open it. Just like a home refrigerator when you lose power, just keep it closed until the power comes back on.

You can usually find the at GNC stores, but I don’t know if you want to. I read the labe, got real excited, and bought it. That first bite killed my joy.

If you’re going to eat jerky, get something that dosent taste like styrafoam.