Woke Up to Lower Back Pain

For some reason, I woke up this morning and I have a little knot in my lower back. It hurts pretty bad and feels like a knot or something. I’ve been trying to bend certain ways to get it to go away but no luck yet because the pain gets too excruciating. I think this has something to do with the old, shitty mattress that I sleep on is not workout-related. Regardless, it hurts really bad and keeps going away and coming back. I’m sitting in my chair at a very weird angle to prevent the pain. Any ideas on what this is or what I can do to get rid of it? Thanks

I circled the spot where the pain is coming from. It hurts really bad if I bend my torso forward, or if I put pressure on my right leg. The pain feels like the same pain you get when you need to pop something back into place or something. It feels like a really big knot.

Color,

I had the same feeling back in May. I could not bend forward, and got the intense pain in my left leg. Couldn’t walk up stairs, or roll over when sleeping, etc. Went to the doctor and it was determined it was a pinched nerve/ sciatica. Gave me some pills for it and sent me to physiotherapy. Felt way better after that.

When my cousin gets it, he uses robaxacet & ibuprofen for 2 days and then its (the pain/knots)gone. Not sure what you guys got in the States for relaxants & painkillers though. I would really suggest you see what the doc says and get it fixed the proper way like I did.

Hope this helps. Keep on rockin in the free world.

Bdfone. out.

[quote]Bdfone wrote:
Color,

I had the same feeling back in May. I could not bend forward, and got the intense pain in my left leg. Couldn’t walk up stairs, or roll over when sleeping, etc. Went to the doctor and it was determined it was a pinched nerve/ sciatica. Gave me some pills for it and sent me to physiotherapy. Felt way better after that.

When my cousin gets it, he uses robaxacet & ibuprofen for 2 days and then its (the pain/knots)gone. Not sure what you guys got in the States for relaxants & painkillers though. I would really suggest you see what the doc says and get it fixed the proper way like I did.

Hope this helps. Keep on rockin in the free world.

Bdfone. out.[/quote]

Thanks. I was really hoping that I wouldn’t have to go to the doctor for this just because I don’t have health insurance at the moment. The pain was a lot worse the first day and it kinda chilled out but it’s been the same for about 2 days now and I’m starting to get worried because it’s not going away.

Could be your piriformis. Mine tightened up after a spat of running. Sit on a tennis ball and rock the area. You’ll know you’ve got the right spot as it feels like a tight little ball.

[quote]joverton wrote:
Could be your piriformis. Mine tightened up after a spat of running. Sit on a tennis ball and rock the area. You’ll know you’ve got the right spot as it feels like a tight little ball.[/quote]

Hmm… It’s a little bit higher up than the general area I make contact with when I sit normally.

I haven’t been taking any anti inflammatory yet so I’m going to start doing that today and then take a hot bath tonight and see where that leaves me. Ideally I want to be back to 100% so I can get back into the gym by monday but that’s just me being hopeful.

It’s getting a lot better now and I can feel that in the next couple of days, the pain should be gone completely. How long do you guys advise I stay off of it from weight training? I’d like to get in there as soon as possible, but if that’s a bad idea then please let me know why.