Wobenzym

I want to start a dedicated thread to Wobenzym. There has been a lot of sporadic talk about this supplement here and there on the Forum, and I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread with Wobenzym for the title so that when someone is doing a search for it they can get all (or at least most of) the relevant info in one place.

I got some a couple of weeks ago to help with my tendonitis, and I have to say that I’m extremely impressed. Although the tendonitis hasn’t vanished completely (yet), I have experienced a huge reduction in pain. I have been taking Wobenzym, 6 pills/day, then more recently 9 pills/day, combined with some negative exercises a la the T-mag article. Great results, just great. For the first time in a while I can pick up my skillet with my left hand and not experience a painful twinge. And several lifts that had been impossible for me to perform due to pain have recently come back “on-line”. So I’m very happy and highly recommend this supplement to anyone who’s experiencing tendonitis, overtraining, joint pain, etc.

I know several others have found Wobenzym to be beneficial. It would be nice if you guys could post an answer here and talk about your results a bit. Thanks.

I too purchased it because of what I have read on this board. I was suffering from some tendonitis in my left triceps and started taking 6 caps a day as well. I too noticed a significant decrease in pain. It was getting to the point of not being able to bench press. I still feel it some times but its only been two weeks of taking it. I might try taking more caps as well.

Char, sounds interesting. Can you point me to some additional sites for more info?

Proteoltic enzyme products e.g. wobenzyme work very well in reducing any kind of inflammation. Just do not use them if you have an ulcer (stomach or duodenal).

I just did a search for “wobenzym” on a couple of engines (I think Google gave the best results).

A couple of things: (1) Wobenzym is a German product, so if you can read German you’ll probably find more info… (2) The site from which I finally ordered had a special deal where you would get a “book” about “Healing Sports Injuries Naturally” (the title shown) for free if you ordered 800 tablets or more. This swayed me, and I ended up ordering from that site (sorry, don’t remember which one it was).

Well, the “book” turned out to be little more than a 20-page or so booklet, almost all of which was devoted to saying, over and over again, how great Wobenzym is. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good product. But if you can find a cheaper place to order from, take it. And don’t worry that you’re missing out on something 'cause you didn’t get the book. You’re not.

char, i assume you are speaking of the glucosamine and chondroitin product.

I used Wobenzym 1 1/2 or 2 years ago for severe chronic tendonitis of the elbows and it completely cured me and haven’t had any probems since - I highly reccomend it for tendonitis or inflamation or to help heal muscle injuries. The sooner you use it after an injury, the quicker and better results.

Um, no, I’m not. Wobenzym is a enteric-coated systemic enzyme formulation that (so far as I know) doesn’t have anything to do with glucosamine or chondroitin. I’ve tried G & C supps before, and had only middling results (i.e. I couldn’t really tell if they were making a difference or not). But Wobenzym has me convinced…and it seems I’m not the only one.

I have chronic tendonitis in both my knees and elbows, and I’m very desperate to get rid of it. Can any of you recommend a low priced place to get some Wobenzym. I realize it’s pricey stuff, but I’m broke now so every little bit I can save helps. Thanks.

I got mine from netrition.com. Their prices were comparable to others and I recieved it in 2 days from the time I ordered it.
Its well worth it.

Oh, and I just noticed that a minor ankle sprain that had been bothering me for about two months has gone away as well…

Thanks Greg, I just bought some from netrition…definetly a good price. Thanks.

Did ne one notice any headaches while taking wobenzyme? i just started taking it and have noticed some wicked headaches anyone else have this problem?