WNSO Fame East 2008 Montreal

Second year competing, but first time as a Muscle Model; let me know what you think!

More pics…

Last one… Oh and also this was done without any supplementations; it was a goal for me if it was possible to make it with only food.

good job!

[quote]jjbarrett wrote:
Last one… Oh and also this was done without any supplementations; it was a goal for me if it was possible to make it with only food.[/quote]

None at all? Not even protien powders or BCAA’s, fish oils ?

Looking really good mate nice one.

I reckon you are going to have a shit load of people wanting to get on your diet and training program.

Looks great…

Yes we all definitely want to know what you ate, when you ate it, training, and type of cardio you did. Clearly it worked for you!

Your looking great. You got a back shot? Im imaging its good.

Your legs are nicely cut up.

Give us your training routine and defo what you eat.

What your goals?, you looking to add more size or are you happy out as you are?

yep I’d like to know the diet too.

Damn man, looking good!!!
First pics is hilarious cause you can see the guys in the background thinking “Fuck, I don’t look ANYTHING like this guy.”
Haha

Awesome work, JJ. Don’t I recall you posting your pics here a couple of years back?

I, too, am interested in hearing what you ate and how you trained. I’m 9 weeks out from a show myself right now, and could use some pointers from somebody who obviously knows very well how to do it right.

I knew I remembered you. Horse meat, right?

Yes horse meat; you got it right :slight_smile:

As long as the diet goes, the key was to eat a variety of food to first prevent allergies, second to make sure that all vitamins, minerals were assimilate and finally that my amino pool were full in order to maximize amino acids assimilation.

So for every meal I tried to incorporate as much variety of fruits, vegetables and grains (not so much at the end, except on the carb up day) that I could. Same thing for meat; every meal was different in terms of food consumption. Essential fatty acids such as coco and fish oils were mixed throughout the day.

At the beginning of the pre-comp preparation I had to be at 10% body fat on the 4 skin folds Durnin scale (with the umbilicus). 6 days per week were devoted to only Weight Training; no cardio.

From there phase 1 started.

Phase 1 of training was a big accumulation phase agonist/antagonist type with superset and dropset on each exercise. The result was high level of lactate and noradrenalin production witch led to a decrease in body fat percentage and metabolism acceleration. No gain in muscle mass was in theory possible.

In terms of meal planning, I add one to now be at 7 per day. Another snack was added before bed to prepare my body in adding another complete meal. Carbs consumption were reduced a tinny bit. After the first week, carb intake were back up as my body fat percentage dropped down; that way I could leave more place to cut back on carbs later on. Better start from a high carb intake than a low when cutting down.

From week to week body fat percentage was diminishing as well as the carb intake, but not to low as I was burning fat without cutting a huge amount of carbs.

Phase 2 was an intensification phase. The goal was to keep the metabolism going high and to take advantage of the super compensation left by the other training program. In other words, there was the chance (my last) to gain a bit of muscles. On the last week of that phase, I started carb depletion and a carb up day.

Phase 3 was a lactate training phase. Burning as much fat that I could was the goal. Once again, I used carb cycling (5 days depletion, before starting the 2 days before competition carb up). The last workout was a depletion circuit training workout to be sure that every traces of glycogen were out. From there glycogen storage super compensation was possible and at the most optimal. In terms of protein intake, 25% of each normal portion was still in at each meal, to preserve nitrogen balance that will give the hard look.

Day time was pumping up, carbing up (from slower digestive carbs to faster ones) and posing.

Here you have it!

Thanks to Coach Yannik Morin, from La Bat Cave, I was in the best stage shape ever!

[quote]jjbarrett wrote:
Yes horse meat; you got it right :slight_smile:

As long as the diet goes, the key was to eat a variety of food to first prevent allergies, second to make sure that all vitamins, minerals were assimilate and finally that my amino pool were full in order to maximize amino acids assimilation.

So for every meal I tried to incorporate as much variety of fruits, vegetables and grains (not so much at the end, except on the carb up day) that I could. Same thing for meat; every meal was different in terms of food consumption. Essential fatty acids such as coco and fish oils were mixed throughout the day.

At the beginning of the pre-comp preparation I had to be at 10% body fat on the 4 skin folds Durnin scale (with the umbilicus). 6 days per week were devoted to only Weight Training; no cardio.

From there phase 1 started.

Phase 1 of training was a big accumulation phase agonist/antagonist type with superset and dropset on each exercise. The result was high level of lactate and noradrenalin production witch led to a decrease in body fat percentage and metabolism acceleration. No gain in muscle mass was in theory possible.

In terms of meal planning, I add one to now be at 7 per day. Another snack was added before bed to prepare my body in adding another complete meal. Carbs consumption were reduced a tinny bit. After the first week, carb intake were back up as my body fat percentage dropped down; that way I could leave more place to cut back on carbs later on. Better start from a high carb intake than a low when cutting down.

From week to week body fat percentage was diminishing as well as the carb intake, but not to low as I was burning fat without cutting a huge amount of carbs.

Phase 2 was an intensification phase. The goal was to keep the metabolism going high and to take advantage of the super compensation left by the other training program. In other words, there was the chance (my last) to gain a bit of muscles. On the last week of that phase, I started carb depletion and a carb up day.

Phase 3 was a lactate training phase. Burning as much fat that I could was the goal. Once again, I used carb cycling (5 days depletion, before starting the 2 days before competition carb up). The last workout was a depletion circuit training workout to be sure that every traces of glycogen were out. From there glycogen storage super compensation was possible and at the most optimal. In terms of protein intake, 25% of each normal portion was still in at each meal, to preserve nitrogen balance that will give the hard look.

Day time was pumping up, carbing up (from slower digestive carbs to faster ones) and posing.

Here you have it!

Thanks to Coach Yannik Morin, from La Bat Cave, I was in the best stage shape ever!
[/quote]

Man that is some informative stuff…great work…and thanks for being as detailed on your diet as you were…thats some helpful info.

Are you planning on gaining any more muscle? You have a great physique and the only real improvement I can see is a bit more mass. Thats just my preference though.

Oh, and for anyone wandering… THATS what it takes to get into that kind of condition. If you arent willing to work that hard you arent gonna get there.

I guess I should mention specific improvements I would make: Lot more lats and chest, and a bit more lateral delt would give you a much more dense, wide look. Bring the legs, arms, and traps up a bit more and you will look great.

Wonderful, balanced physique.

The only thing I’d change is that hair. Seriously, I think it distracts from and diminishes the physique.

how’d you get in the fitness model industry and how much does it pay? are you featured in any magazineS? good job!

Hi,

Thanks for your great comments; I really appreciate it! Well for now I’m looking for a Fitness Modeling Agency in order to one day make it in Fitness Magazine.

By the way, there’s a lesson here to be learned for everyone, and that is… look at how manly he looks in boxer-briefs as compared to the skimpy thongs you see men wear in competition today. The thongs of Mr. Olympia show off a little more muscle, sure, but it’s completely emasculating. Muscles in women’s underwear!

The speedos from the days of Arnold and Louie back in the 70s actually look fine though, because they have wider material all over. They still look masculine and tough – Charles Bronson wore them on the beach at the beginning of Death Wish, and he was a bad ass dude.

Let’s scrap the male thong already!

From what I’m seeing in the reply so far is that for next comp I’ll have to work on gaining a bit more of mass everywhere.

I’ll be working on that for sure.