Witnessed a Crazy Zercher Squat

Pretty random but had to let somebody know. While lifting yesterday, I saw this stocky asian guy zercher squat 405lbs for 4 reps.

Ive seen a guy in my gym zercher 5-6 plates a side easily for reps like he was warming up.

Just seeing a 400 lbs backsquat is like a miracle in my gym…

Was he using some pads on the bar? The times i did zercher, they hurted alot in my biceps/forearm-spot, but maybe you just gotta get used to it like in backsquat when it is lying on the neck.

[quote]Misterhamper wrote:

Was he using some pads on the bar? The times i did zercher, they hurted alot in my biceps/forearm-spot, but maybe you just gotta get used to it like in backsquat when it is lying on the neck.[/quote]

In the DVD I got from EFTS JW recommends using a 2x6 as a pad. Give it a try.

roll a towel round the bar

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Misterhamper wrote:

Was he using some pads on the bar? The times i did zercher, they hurted alot in my biceps/forearm-spot, but maybe you just gotta get used to it like in backsquat when it is lying on the neck.

In the DVD I got from EFTS JW recommends using a 2x6 as a pad. Give it a try.[/quote]

I’ve never tried a 2x6, but your arms will get used to it if you keep doing it.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Misterhamper wrote:

In the DVD I got from EFTS JW recommends using a 2x6 as a pad. Give it a try.[/quote]

Pft, only pussies need pads.

(seriously, your arms will get used to it)

I use my Apollons axle. It is 2" diameter that seems to help.