With all this Peri-WN Talk...

Why doesn’t Biotest come out with shakes that can be used before/during/after workout? I love using Surge, but the high carbs make it wrong for certain situations.

My biggest thing is taste. Sometimes when I do not feel like going to the gym, I go and hit it hard just so I can drink my Surge after.

I ordered some custom protein from trueprotein, and it is very hard to drink. I opted for the ‘premium’ flavors, but I have trouble. I also do NOT have a picky pallet.

In my experience, nothing has come close to Biotest products taste.

You can use Surge before and during workouts if you want.

What I’ve been doing recently is slamming a full serving of Surge immediately before walking into the gym on a relatively empty stomach.

About an hour later I’ll slam another full serving, and finish my workout up an hour later.

(sorta stole that from Bill Roberts, but the whole pre/during workout shake has been advovated for a while, and may be more anabolic than the dogmatic post-workout shake)

I’ve just completed my second workouts while following this protocol and the strength gains have been impressive, to say the least.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:

What I’ve been doing recently is slamming a full serving of Surge immediately before walking into the gym on a relatively empty stomach.

About an hour later I’ll slam another full serving, and finish my workout up an hour later.

(sorta stole that from Bill Roberts, but the whole pre/during workout shake has been advovated for a while, and may be more anabolic than the dogmatic post-workout shake)

I’ve just completed my second workouts while following this protocol and the strength gains have been impressive, to say the least.

[/quote]

Same here.

However, Biotest for some time has been claiming to come out with a new Surge for just such an occasion “very soon” for a couple years now…but it is proving to be a vapor-supplement.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:

[/quote]

Are you training for 2 hrs? I know that you pull somewhere around 600 lbs for the DL and I know that people typically don’t do high volume for that lift. What are your rest periods like? I’ve seen your blog and thought that at most, 75-90 minutes. I’m just curious, as you’ve made amazing progress.

[quote]Trenchant wrote:

Are you training for 2 hrs? I know that you pull somewhere around 600 lbs for the DL and I know that people typically don’t do high volume for that lift. What are your rest periods like? I’ve seen your blog and thought that at most, 75-90 minutes. I’m just curious, as you’ve made amazing progress.
[/quote]

Thanks!

I’m in there for 2 hours, mostly more. Some of this is attributed to me lifting with people and it just takes longer as we chat a bit. We also do take somewhat long rest periods.

I don’t wanna hijack this thread, so I’ll PM you some stuff.

[quote]mmllcc wrote:
However, Biotest for some time has been claiming to come out with a new Surge for just such an occasion “very soon” for a couple years now…but it is proving to be a vapor-supplement.[/quote]

The product you’re referring to exists, at least in-house. In fact, we’ve been experimenting with a couple of very cool products related to this thread for a while now.

I think there’s a good chance you’ll see one of them before 2009.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:

The product you’re referring to exists, at least in-house. In fact, we’ve been experimenting with a couple of very cool products related to this thread for a while now.

I think there’s a good chance you’ll see one of them before 2009.[/quote]

amazing…

I thought Surge WAS good for peri-workout. That’s how I use it at least. 1/2 serving before, a whole serving afterward. Seems to be working out alright for me.

It was crazy, I ran out last week and realized how important it was - my chest was sore for 3 days after working out and I barely hit my legs at all but they were still killing me the next day. Got my Surge again this week and recovery time was much better.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:

[/quote]

New Damage,

Has your protocol had any affect on body composition? I understand your strength gains, but have you either added muscle and/or lose fat ?

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
Why doesn’t Biotest come out with shakes that can be used before/during/after workout? I love using Surge, but the high carbs make it wrong for certain situations.
.[/quote]

ROFLMAO! Come one! Surge is specifically made for pre/during/post workout! Sure there are a few low carb alternatives running around. But they definitely are not proven in terms of research done with them, whilst Surge is.

Sometimes i think people should just do their reading through the articles not in the forums. It sets a certain foundation that leaves less room for error and misunderstanding.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

New Damage,

Has your protocol had any affect on body composition? I understand your strength gains, but have you either added muscle and/or lose fat ?
[/quote]

Its only been a couple weeks. Definitely no fat loss, as I do not lose fat unless I control my diet tightly and attack it full force. As far as added muscle…in the time frame it has been, it is not noticeable.

Considering the strength I am gaining, however, I would imagine I am adding muscle.