115.25x5

Close Grip Bench:

20x8
60x6

75x8
75x8
75x9 cant count
75x12

good day. deadlifts were hard for first two work sets…then smoked the 3rd set. same thing happened last week. Might add a rep or two in the heavier warmups, or move to a heavier top single before the worksets. 220-230 or something. See how i feel next week.

Burpees still to come. Just letting my shoulders calm down, else risk of face plant on first burpee rep is higher than it would already be. :stuck_out_tongue:

Will upload videos later. Back to the office…

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaEgNwWrDNW/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

deadlift moved alright mate. How is the hand are you able to grip alright now ?

1 Like

yeah it moved Ok. Could have moved better in truth. Need a higher frequency really to keep that technique.
Hand isn’t 100%, but it was ok for this set. I did set 1 with the straps, hated it. So threw them on the floor in disgust. Hands were VERY warm from the bar friction after the last sets, lol.

1 Like

Well done! It’s nice to see someone other than me resets between deadlift reps, too.

2 Likes

All quiet mate. You good ?

Yeah mate.

Squats and burpees only today.

Burpees: 3x5 handy warmup…

Leg Extensions:

20x30
30.5x30

Squats:

20x5
60x5
80x5
100x2
120x1

125x5
125x5
125x5

Ran short of time to finish the session so that will happen tomorrow. Hotter than hell here today.

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaMlW3RjYYE/?utm_medium=copy_link

Felt heavy today. But were ok.

5 Likes

It was much cooler down here and going to be nice a cool for squats tomorrow.

1 Like

I’d have happily enjoyed a cool day for squats. Lol.

All good though. Joints are always happy in the heat.

2 Likes

Lol ye it is a trade off, warm and good joints or cool with aches.

They liked they move ok though.

Moved slower/harder than they should have.
Was trying to squeeze a session in between social shit today.

Should.have left it until tomorrow but wanted to tough it out, and did.

1 Like

Bench:

20x10
20x10
60x5
80x5
100x3

105x5
107.5x5
107.5x7

Thought it was Gunna be harder after the warmups. Could have started at 107.5 no trouble.

Still to come is bent row, leg curls and of course more burpees…which im starting to kind of enjoy. F***

Worked out if I elevate my hands a bit, I can jump the feet back and forth with much less issue. Starting to look like burpees aye. Hands are elevated on my decking about 5-6 inches.
Sets of 7 today spread across the day.

7 Likes

Got the ol’ Kung Flu in our house finally…
Daughter first up. Was sick for maybe 24 hours…seems on the mend already. I tested negative, as did the queen of the Wise Castle. But that was yesterday haha.

Lets hope the ol’ jab is effective aye! Bit of congestion, a small headache, and a bit of brain fog for half of today, but most of that seems to be clearing for me already too…

20 straight burpees today. “PB”.

A PB in the modern time lol. I’ve done hundreds in my much younger years approximately 12-15 years ago now. They were not really different cardio wise, rythym was good. One pumps still for now.

Assuming I’m not a filthy Covid mess tomorrow, I’ll push on a bit longer.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about this, man. Hope it gets no worse and moves on quickly!

Well done on the 20 mate. When you haven’t done these for years they are no joke. Hope the flu passes your house quickly.

So far we are ok. The daughter (house ruler) is recovering at an unexpected rate of knots…

I’m feeling pretty good also. Sleep in tomorrow to ensure I’m rested…I do welcome the break lol

Funny how the kids seem to kick the ass out of a virus in 24 hours and it knocks us off out feet. Rest day today ? When is your next deadlift session planned ?

Yeah rest day today mate.
Deadlifts maybe tomorrow, maybe Friday. See how I fair.

Feeling pretty good though.

2 Likes

21 Burpees today. Tried going a bit quicker. Huffin’ n Puffin’…Was a small struggle at rep 15, but just kept going.

Then Jumped in the pool.

3 Likes