Wisdom Needed on Workout Plan

Hello All,

Im going to keep this short and sweet…I want to put on mass…I am 180-185lbs 6’1…Eating like a horse and working out almost everyday…Below is a snapshot of my routine any feedback neg or pos would be greatly appreciated…

1-Chest/Tris
incline…3 sets…between 3 and 6 reps
flat…3 sets…between 3 and 6 reps
decline…3 sets…between 3 and 6 reps
pec deck…3 sets…between 6 and 10 reps
dumbell skull crushers…3 sets between 4 and 8 reps
rope pulldowns…3 sets between 4 and 8 reps

2-Back/Bis
Pullups…2 sets widegrip…2 sets closegrip…reps between 4 to 10 reps (only bodyweight, no added resistance)
Seated rope cable rows to neck…3 sets between 4 and 8 reps
Lat pulldowns…3 sets…between 4 and 8 reps
One arm dumbell row…2 sets…between 4 and 8 reps
Hammer curls…3 sets…between 4 and 8 reps
Concentration curls…3 sets…between 4 and 8 reps

3-Legs
Squat…4 sets between 4 and 8 reps
Lunges…4 sets between 6 and 10 reps
Extenstions…3 sets between 4 and 8 reps
Curls…3 sets between 4 and 8 reps
Calf raises…3 sets between 4 and 8 reps

4-shoulders
dumbell shoulder press…4 sets between 4 and 8 reps
front dumbell raises…3 sets between 6 and 10 reps
side d/b raises…3 sets between 6 and 10 reps
rear d/b raises…3 sets between 6 and 10 reps
“That rotator cuff pulley exercise (both ways)”…2 sets of each, 4 total…between 4 and 8 reps

I also do some core stablization exercises 2/week, i herniated a disc a few months ago and am trying to strengthen my core, get bigger W/O COMPROMISING MYSELF, that is why the deadlift is not incorporated into my workout…basically im too afraid to do it, since doing that with poor form resulted in my injury

this was longer than i wanted it to be…(sorry guys)…but one last question, what is the effect of alcohol and marijuana on trying to put on muscle mass…I heard from one source u shouldnt drink within 24 hours of a workout…

And one last comment…Ive read lower reps more weight puts on mass more, but what about those iso exercises like delt raises, should i load up the weight on that? I always thought you were suppose to get a “burn” for isos…

Thanks guys for reading this far, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated

-anthony

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=640350

read. and then keep reading more.

just do a program on this site like TBT and focus on the basics.

I would personally add another set onto your chest routine. 3 sets of 3-6 reps doesn’t seem adequate. Unless you are using weights high enough to reach near failure by the end of your session.

One the last two ?'s do a search on the alco and weed ? it beenm covered but you know what the answer is they aint going to aid making you big or strong.

Lifting heavy low reps sure it works as does heavy and higher mid rep and lower and high rep. they all work in diofferent fashions and muscle qualities. in shiort dont ignore any of them in totality.

Isolations in general no not a great idea to go Uber damn heavy most iso moves have the joints etc in a compromised position. better to stay 8-12 in general or higher. One I do like HEAVY weight on though is the tris they seem to thrive on heavy loads,

Phill