Winter Gut. Best Approach?

Hi guys.
Well I have gained fat over these few months. I’m not happy with it. I don’t want to start doing anything unless i’m commited to it.

Should I focus on the cardio?
If I should what kind?
Do I want to do HIT for 15 minutes?

Or should I do Chris’s hypertrophy workout?

I want to focus just on one so I don’t overwhelm myself.

Whats the best way to go?

My diet is crap, theres no cafeteria food available right now.

Can anyone hook me up with some knee/joint exercices. My knee is still bothering me when squating.
Thanks!

Are you still under 180?

Eh, it’s still winter. Keep eating and cut when it gets warmer. Noticed that in a prior post you stated the knee hurt after doing leg extensions… I hope you haven’t kept doing them.

But where are you at currently… has enough progress been made in the past few months to warrant cutting?

[quote]moester wrote:
Hi guys.
Well I have gained fat over these few months. I’m not happy with it. I don’t want to start doing anything unless i’m commited to it.

Should I focus on the cardio?
If I should what kind?
Do I want to do HIT for 15 minutes?

Or should I do Chris’s hypertrophy workout?

I want to focus just on one so I don’t overwhelm myself.

Whats the best way to go?

My diet is crap, theres no cafeteria food available right now.

Can anyone hook me up with some knee/joint exercices. My knee is still bothering me when squating.
Thanks![/quote]

LOL your diets “crap” fix that #1

sure make cardio a PART of the puzzel second teri to resistance tra9ning unlss your an athlete that well runs. Track etc.

Pick a solid program have a day or two of cardio. fix the diet, that should take you a long way if you do it oput it to action and be consistant.

Phill

What are your stats?

My knee has gotten better. I can go up and down the stairs without any pain. But say if I drop something and I try to crouch to get it thats when the pain kicks in about half way through the range of motion in the my right knee.

It’s not as bad as before but it’s been 6 moths and it should be gone y now I think.

As far as progress, there has been some but it hasn’t been optimal. Still under 180.

im around 160 now but to much fat. i need to fix the diet but I can’t go hardcore with measuring cups and stuff.

I did an all- lunch meat, cheese and lettuce diet for a while alon with cyto gainer and intense spinning, i was pretty lean then but can’t do any pedaling because of the knee

[quote]moester wrote:

im around 160 now but to much fat. i need to fix the diet but I can’t go hardcore with measuring cups and stuff.

I did an all- lunch meat, cheese and lettuce diet for a while alon with cyto gainer and intense spinning, i was pretty lean then but can’t do any pedaling because of the knee[/quote]

You have been training for 6 months and now weigh 160lbs. How much did you weigh to begin?

A lunchmeat, cheese and lettuce diet?

How old are you?

how tall are you?

lunchmeat, lettuce and cheese diet? I think that was one of the early T-Nation diets. Do you have access to better foods? Can you afford protein powders from this site or others?

as for the knees, seek out an ART (active release technique)provider. If you are doing leg extensions, stop and do squats. if you are squatting, alter your foot position. For example in competition I squat very wide, now it’s offseason I’m going pretty narrow stance to correct imbalances and repititive motion injuries.

Mate i would suggest forgetting all about your crazy luncheonmeat diet, forever.

Then do weights several times a week, eating loads, but phasing up the amount of (low to moderate intensity) cardio you do, til you find a balance, then come back with more finickity questions

So you gained 4 pounds in 5 months? Oh please.

Is this friedrice?

Gotta be.

Just starting lifting big and eating big. At 160 lbs you shouldn’t even think about anything but bulking, unless your’re 5’6 or under.

Newbies CAN both lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously; its the intermediate/advanced folks that benefit from more complexity sometimes, not the beginners. Just lift, eat, sleep, repeat, and post you’re progress in three months.