Winter Diet

Well today was the first day of snow here so time to get fat! Or something like that lol

6:30am- Protein shake (2 scoops of Metabolic Drive with Carb Countdown Milk) and fish oil caps
7am- Bagel with cream cheese
10am- Turkey Sausage, egg white, cheese on a whole wheat muffin
12noon- Chicken breast, green beans with butter
1pm- some sort of fruit
3pm- mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, and macadamias)
5pm- protein shake (1 scoop Metabolic Drive in water)
6pm (1 hr pre-workout)- cereal with carb countdown milk (high fiber cereal)
8pm (PWO-) Surge
9pm- 2 burgers with turkey bacon and cheese (whole Wheat buns), large salad with olive oil
10pm- light yogurt
11:30pm- Metabolic Drive Complete shake with Flameout

Damn I just realized how often I eat…

Anyway I have a limited budget to work with and this seems to fit in nicely. I am going to try and cut out the bread as much as possible, not sure how I am going to do that yet though.

I use the carb countdown for milk b/c I am lactose intolerant.

I’ve been using this for a little while now and I’m up about 8lbs although I am gaining more fat than I would like. This is likely due to the fact that I was drinking whole milk a ton, just taking the pills with it. Thib was kind enough to point out in his thread that the pill can cure the symptoms but it’s still raising my cortisil levels. This makes sense as my fat gain was on my abs not love handle area.

Btw my main goal is to increase my weight and hit a 500lb Raw deadlift by Xmas.

Let me know what you think and possible suggestions to get rid of the bread! But it has to be simple as I work at a desk from 8am-5:30pm everyday (on unlucky days until 8pm).

Do u think ur eating that much bread… i mean i count 1 whole wheat muffin and two whole wheat buns

i mean isn’t the bacon, burgers,cheese and cream cheese more of a concern

Anyway i would say just eat the cheeseburgers without bread since 9pm is pretty late for carbs - even if they have a low GI

• I think ive read that pasta in general has a lower GI than bread so maybe whole wheat pasta with some hamburger meat and bacon?

-Make a double cheeseburger so u only have to use one bun

Also why are u tryin to cut carbs so low? or is it just bread?

Haha hey man, hope all is well at clemson!

I’m not worried about the carbs, in fact if I can cut some of the bread I will replace it with fruit.

Thib had got me thinking about the allergens to breads being common and I had the vast majority of them symptoms when I eat oatmeal.

I would imagine this came from the regattas where I would live on bagels for 2 days at a time. That is way I am trying my best to reduce the breads in my diet.

The bagel isn’t too bad, not nearly as bad as when I would eat a cup or more of oatmeal with breakfast.

The amount of fat in the bacon only totals 6grams, and I split one slice of cheese between the burgers so about 5grams of fat from that.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Well today was the first day of snow here so time to get fat! Or something like that lol

6:30am- Protein shake (2 scoops of Metabolic Drive with Carb Countdown Milk) and fish oil caps
1pm- some sort of fruit
8pm (PWO-) Surge
9pm- 2 burgers with turkey bacon and cheese (whole Wheat buns), large salad with olive oil
10pm- light yogurt
But it has to be simple as I work at a desk from 8am-5:30pm everyday (on unlucky days until 8pm).
[/quote]

Do you have access to a microwave or any way to eat at your desk? I’ve told a professor or two and the people at my job I was diabetic so they let me eat, don’t be above lying to get what you need haha. Get back to me on that and I’ll have some more specific suggestions on easy to carry and prepare meals.

You are eating often, but they seem to be for the most part very small meals. This part especially

1pm- some sort of fruit
8pm (PWO-) Surge

1 scoop of MD in water is not a meal for an adult male trying to gain size, neither is some nuts, and especially not some fruit. For me I really only see 3 worthy meals and then a handful of small snacks. Try to find ways to eat more substantial meals, ie carry a cooler, RTDs, hell McDonalds double cheeseburgers if you have to.

[quote]scottiscool wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:

1pm- some sort of fruit
8pm (PWO-) Surge
10pm- light yogurt
But it has to be simple as I work at a desk from 8am-5:30pm everyday (on unlucky days until 8pm).

Do you have access to a microwave or any way to eat at your desk? I’ve told a professor or two and the people at my job I was diabetic so they let me eat, don’t be above lying to get what you need haha. Get back to me on that and I’ll have some more specific suggestions on easy to carry and prepare meals.

You are eating often, but they seem to be for the most part very small meals. This part especially

1pm- some sort of fruit
8pm (PWO-) Surge

1 scoop of MD in water is not a meal for an adult male trying to gain size, neither is some nuts, and especially not some fruit. For me I really only see 3 worthy meals and then a handful of small snacks. Try to find ways to eat more substantial meals, ie carry a cooler, RTDs, hell McDonalds double cheeseburgers if you have to.

[/quote]

I do have a microwave and a fridge here at the office.

The cereal used to be with whole milk so it filled me up more, but I see your point. Thanks for the help!

My suggestion is your need more protein meals throughout the day. Prepare your food the night before and put it in the cheap microwavable tupperware containers. Steak, chicken, pork chops, whatever you prefer. Couple it with your choice of carbs or fats, rice potatoes etc, almonds or other nuts for solid meals, olive oil for protein drinks. Bring 3-4 meals with you to work and just make sure they are eaten before the day is done.

Sometimes I’m working on steak and rice meal #2 and something comes up, I just go back to eating when I’m done and it all works out in the end. Bring a couple shaker bottles as well with some powder in them already and maybe keep a half gallon of your carb countdown milk at work for a 30 second meal. You can do it, it just takes some pre planning and dedication to the fork to get it done.

Not sure if it matters but I take a nap from 6:15-7pm. Then I down some Spike Shooter and head off to the gym.

Crew, here’s what I plan to be doing starting after Christmas, maybe you’ll find some ideas you feel like stealing.

6.) Protein, whole milk, mixed berries shake
8.) 10 egg omelet with veggies, ham, and cheese, fish oil
10.) Anabolic trail mix (almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, goji berries, dark chocolate m&ms)
12.) 4 pork sausages and a greens salad with olive oil dressing, fish oil
1.) Workout
2.) Surge
2.30) Whey and gatorade
3.00) Scrambled egg whites and white rice
3.30) Chicken breasts, sweet potato with butter, steamed broccoli with olive oil, fish oil
5.) Protein, whole milk, cherries and mint shake
7.) Steak and greek salad (onions, tomatos, peppers, olive oil and feta cheese), fish oil
9.) Protein, whole milk, pumpkin shake
10.) Bed
2.) Night shake (protein)

Ideally the shakes will have Metabolic Drive Complete, so come on Christmas money!

Anyway, not trying to hijack your thread, but just toss some ideas out there for you. I think with your plans coming up you’re going to need as many calories as you can manage! I look forward to following your log.

Brant~
Thanks for posting your diet! It looks solid and I wish I could cook that much, damn sitting behind a desk 8-11hrs a day!

I haven’t done the middle of the night protein shake for a long time but I seem to remember it working well for me so provided the budget allows I’m going to add that in!

I may make some eggs in advance and throw them in a tube and eat them after lunch. I could simply reheat them and they wont smell like tuna would (I work with all germans and I’m not pissing them off with the tuna smell haha).

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Brant~
Thanks for posting your diet! It looks solid and I wish I could cook that much, damn sitting behind a desk 8-11hrs a day!

I haven’t done the middle of the night protein shake for a long time but I seem to remember it working well for me so provided the budget allows I’m going to add that in!

I may make some eggs in advance and throw them in a tube and eat them after lunch. I could simply reheat them and they wont smell like tuna would (I work with all germans and I’m not pissing them off with the tuna smell haha).[/quote]

Don’t forget about the old “Cook everything on Sunday, store it in Tupperware” scheme. Especially with the PWO meals. And since you would have pre-measured everything out, there’s no guess work during the week. I find that if I do all my cooking on Sunday, I actually spend less time per week cooking food than I do when I try to do it day-by-day.

As for work, cold chicken, cold pork chops, cold beef, and rice really don’t have a smell, so you’ll be safe from the blitzkrieg.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:

As for work, cold chicken, cold pork chops, cold beef, and rice really don’t have a smell, so you’ll be safe from the blitzkrieg. [/quote]

Hahahaha that just made my day.

When I get home I plan on cooking up a dozen or two of eggs.

I agree lots of your meals are just small snacks, consolidate them and they would be ok

I don’t have a comp until feburary so I am thinking about gaining 5-10lbs and than cutting weight to make 200. I also don’t have acess to cook throughout the day so this is how I do it.

bulker shake (protein, milk, berries, bannna, peanut butter, oats)
1-2 ounces of almonds/walnuts, etc 2-4 whole eggs, fruit
meat, carbs, veggies, (chicken,beef,ground beef, etc) WW pasta, rice, sweet potato, etc.
same as meal 2
train (1/2 or 3/4 serving of Surge beforehand on ME days)
Surge
3 servings cottage cheese with canned pineapple
same as meal 3
Shake before bed

I will probably start adding 16 ounces of RAW whole milk with lunch and dinner as well.

I hard boil a couple dozen eggs at a time, cook up a few lbs of meat, steam a bunch of veggies, bake sweet potatoes, or cook a big pot of rice or pasta and store everything in Tupperware in the fridge through it in my cooler in the morning and don’t have to cook for days at a time. I also make the shakes the night before so i can just grab it and leave for work.

That sounds good and all but as I mentioned before I:

1. can’t have milk
  2. trying to cut out bread sources with the possible exception of Barilla Plus Pasta as it’s made up of lentals and other things besides wheat.

I freaken love sweet potatoes so I will add them in a little bit (I tend to over do it if I’m not careful and eat over a 100grams of carbs at a time).

I will be adding in some eggs or meat sometime between 2 and 5.

maybe you should sell that car so you have a bigger budget

What pill are you talking about?

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
That sounds good and all but as I mentioned before I:

1. can’t have milk
  2. trying to cut out bread sources with the possible exception of Barilla Plus Pasta as it’s made up of lentals and other things besides wheat.

I freaken love sweet potatoes so I will add them in a little bit (I tend to over do it if I’m not careful and eat over a 100grams of carbs at a time).

I will be adding in some eggs or meat sometime between 2 and 5.[/quote]

Yeah I saw that, thats why I mentioned the milk at the end. Have you ever tried RAW milk though? I have heard people who are lactose intolerant can handle RAW milk for whatever reason. Probably hard to get in your area though. I can just go to Whole Foods and get some so its convenient.

I have been sticking to the Barilla Plus pasta and sweet potato’s as well. I maul the sweet potatoes down as well!

Good luck and eat big!

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:
maybe you should sell that car so you have a bigger budget [/quote]

haha not a chance in hell my friend.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
What pill are you talking about?[/quote]

Digestive Advantage: Lactose

You only need to take one pill a day unlike lactaid which you have to take with every meal.

ok so step one: Get rid of milk

Diet for today:
6:30am- 2 scoops Metabolic Drive in water with fish oil
7:30am- Whole Wheat Bagel with cream cheese
10am- Whole Wheat muffin with egg white, and turkey sausage
12noon- Chicken breasts, green beans, mixed nuts
3pm- PB sandwhich with Metabolic Drive shake
5:30pm- 4 eggs with 1 slice of toast
6pm- nap
7pm- ultimate orange shake (simple carbs, caffine, 17grams of protein)
8:30pm- PWO Surge
9pm- 2 8% fat bacon burgers on whole wheat buns, large salad with olive oil
10pm- light yogurt
11:30pm- Metabolic Drive Complete shake with Flameout in water

So I think thats a bit less snacking and a bit more eating, right?

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Diet for today:
6:30am- 2 scoops Metabolic Drive in water with fish oil[/quote]

It wouldn’t hurt to add a carb source here, since it’s your first meal. You don’t have any fruit in you menu and this would be an easy place to stick it in.

I’d add more protein to this meal.

Why egg whites? I mean . . . come on.

Looks good.

I secretly hate peanut butter, but this meal looks good too.

[quote]5:30pm- 4 eggs with 1 slice of toast
6pm- nap[/quote]

Since this is your last meal before you workout, I’d make it bigger.

[quote]7pm- ultimate orange shake (simple carbs, caffine, 17grams of protein)
8:30pm- PWO Surge[/quote]

Fine here also.

Hmm, I’d try to make this a carb/protein meal since it is your PWO feeding. You mentioned you like sweet potatoes, so maybe chicken breasts and a sweet potato with cinnamon sugar on it.

[quote]10pm- light yogurt
11:30pm- Metabolic Drive Complete shake with Flameout in water
[/quote]

WTF is with the “light yogurt?” You’re gaining right? Plus, you worked out an hour and a half ago, so I’d make this meal bigger also. This would be a good place for the fattier meats and salad with EVOO.

Overall, I like it though. Just add more protein to a few meals and tweak your PWO strategy.