Winter Diet to Keep from Getting Sick

Every winter i try to read up on what to do to avoid getting sick.

I supplement my diet in the winter with L-glut, a multi-vitamin and the ZMA i usually take religiously.

Usually in the winter i start to bulk, i change up my routine and start to eat less lean diet (aka… i eat fries and burgers again) but this year i dont wanna go through dieting in the spring again and keep a cleaner diet and try to lean bulk this winter. Opposed to the massive bulk i do and drop down in the summer.

I’m just going to stick with my normal diet. which is what you would expect for a guy who’s been lifting for years and has a pretty good idea of what to eat and do.

I’m not a bodybuilder if that helps. I like to powerlift and i wanna help my performance in martial arts (however i cant train until feb because im currently on bloodthinners)

Anything anybody does in particular to help stay healthy and losing weeks to being sick?

omega 3’s & vit A are power houses. Won’t protect you but might help you heal faster.

Vitamin D3
Superfood

both would be good additions
I’ve been doing oranges as of late as well

D3 supplementation is getting a lot of tout for staying healthy in the winter.

If I feel a cold coming on I megadose Vitamin C at 1000mg every few hours and drink plenty of green tea. It has worked well for me.

[quote]ACTrain wrote:
If I feel a cold coming on I megadose Vitamin C at 1000mg every few hours and drink plenty of green tea. It has worked well for me.[/quote]

actually i have… which inspired this post. I had green peppers too for dinner… and in the sub im eating now… green peppers have something like 5 times the vit C that oranges do too!

Im making some green tea…

thanks for all the suggestions, im looking into them now.

Squats. Apparently, they cure cancer.

I supplement with Juice+ Both the juice and veggie pill and it has worked great for me but I stopped taking them for about a month do to low funds and I got the swine flu haha.

I just came back from a seminar this weekend and learned quite a bit about staying healthy and fighting inflammation. My take in a nutshell…

-Use common sense and avoid your fried food, trans fats, etc.
-3g of Omega 3 EPA DHA each day - like 6 caps most likely
-2000 mg D3
-Probiotics
-Multivitamin and/or 500mg Vitamin C, 400 IU E

That’s what I would take to keep the flu at bay, IMO.