Winter Cardio?

What is the best forum of cardio (for winter when i can run, for burning fat) a rowing machine or eliptical???

I read that a rowing machine is best, looking for other opinions

treadmill for sure.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
I read that a rowing machine is best…[/quote]

Quantify “best.” They’ll both get the job done. Ideally, you should switch between those two multiple times over the course of the winter.

Shovel snow. Go sledding just like HIIT climb hill, rest while going down hill repeat LOL.

I like to get outside, ala “Rocky 4” and run in the snow/ice.

Don’t be a pussy. The cold weather is fun.

Maybe its cause Im from Michigan

[quote]Nicholas F wrote:
I like to get outside, ala “Rocky 4” and run in the snow/ice.

Don’t be a pussy. The cold weather is fun.

Maybe its cause Im from Michigan[/quote]

the cold also makes the body work harder to heat itself it uses more energy to keep you warm and alive

More bang for your buck.

If you get snow then snowshoeing or cross country skiing is great. You can make it harder by carrying a backpack or dragging some weight in a sled (a kid makes good sled weight if you happen to own/have access to one).

Cardio sucks. Pick the one you hate less.

Try jumping rope. Once you get the hang of it you will probably like it far more than any cardio machie.

How about some sledgehammer work on an old truck tire? This will strengthen the core nicely in addition to burning cals.

Sled work sounds like a lot of fun.

[quote]El Conquistador wrote:
How about some sledgehammer work on an old truck tire? This will strengthen the core nicely in addition to burning cals.[/quote]

Remind me not to park my pickup anywhere near you in GI.

[quote]El Conquistador wrote:
How about some sledgehammer work on an old truck tire? This will strengthen the core nicely in addition to burning cals.[/quote]

Oooo yea, especially when it gets below 30 and snowing. I can’t wait! Lets not forget farmer walks threw the snow, loaded up with plates.

The neighbors think Im crazy, but rest assured, nobody fucks with my house.

ICE skating?

[quote]texass wrote:
ICE skating?[/quote]

Seriously? Like with jumps, and toe picks and stuff?

Maybe add a puck, throw on some pads (helmet optional), and a net, but just plain ice skating? I don’t think your even allowed to suggest that on a website dedicated to testosterone.

[quote]DaNewfie wrote:
(a kid makes good sled weight if you happen to own/have access to one).

[/quote]

That cracked me up!

Skiing, snowmobiling, sledding, skating, shoveling the crap, snowshoeing, ice climbing, trail riding, hit your local pool and do laps, of course treadmill, speed rope, rowing etc…Cardio is endless.

I live near Toronto, and we get enough snow here in the winters. I still run outside in the winter, with no complaints, besides the snow feels good on my ankles.

All you need are two undershirts/underarmour, a thick hoodie, track pants with either sweatpants under or thick shorts. Then a ski mask, gloves and thick socks. Done!

Hill sprints in the snow with waterproof boots are an experience to be had. You feel like you’re a Navy SEAL in Siberia or something.

[quote]Modi wrote:
texass wrote:
ICE skating?

Maybe add a puck, throw on some pads (helmet optional), and a net, but just plain ice skating? I don’t think your even allowed to suggest that on a website dedicated to testosterone.[/quote]

Umm figure skaters are some insanely strong SOBs.

Have you tried complexes?

One barbell, 8 exercises, 6 reps each, with each exercise flowing into the next with no rest until the last exercise is completed. Alwyn Cosgrove has the article (Metabolic Conditioning for MMA)up on his site as well as on EliteFTS.

Deadlift 6 reps
RDL 6 reps
Row 6 reps
Clean 6 reps
Front squat 6 reps
Push press 6 reps
Squat 6 reps
Good morning 6 reps
Rest and repeat

Since I can’t clean due to wrist problems, I substitute a snatch instead. A second complex is also listed in the article as well.

[quote]Shoebolt wrote:
Modi wrote:
texass wrote:
ICE skating?

Maybe add a puck, throw on some pads (helmet optional), and a net, but just plain ice skating? I don’t think your even allowed to suggest that on a website dedicated to testosterone.

Umm figure skaters are some insanely strong SOBs.

[/quote]

Not to mention their FABULOUS outfits!

My fav cardio is setting the treadmill on the highest incline and doing a fast paced walk for 30 minutes. It’s really not that hard, is a lot easier on the muscles, and often burns just as much calories as the joggers.