T Nation

Wingsuit Base Jumping (Human Flight)

This easily one of the coolest(and craziest) things I have ever seen:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
|Very cool, but I like the ‘jetman’ guy who made a wing with 4 model jet turbine engines on it. He strapped the wing to his back and flew across the English Channel.

BBB[/quote]

Damn,I forgot about that guy. I saw pics but never seen footage of him in action. Thanks for that,BBB.

That’s nuts, and awesome.

That is nuts…just NUTS!

god that must be nirvana. those cliffs! flying! so beautiful and thrilling all at once. i have a lot of flying and falling dreams. oh, to live them without actually dying…

too bad they don’t make the suits in all white, then it would look like snowangels were planning an aerial assault :wink:

These things are crazy!

that’s bad ass

I'd love to know what their heart rate is when they do that...I bet it's pretty low.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I bet skiing off a cliff for the first time would have to do something to their HR.

But these guys probably jumped out of a plane hundreds of times before doing this stuff.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
I bet skiing off a cliff for the first time would have to do something to their HR.

But these guys probably jumped out of a plane hundreds of times before doing this stuff.[/quote]

Yea, but isn’t the adrenaline rush part of the reason (if not the main reason) why they jump? I’d assume that’d result in a heart rate increase.