Wind Sprint resistance

Is there any way to add resistance to wind sprints with the absence of a weight vest?

uphill

pull a sled.

parachutes, but these won’t work in wind or rainy conditions…

actually, it’s a “speedchute,” not actually a parachute…

As an Old Grunt to a young Grunt you can:
Carry a ruck, pull a parachute, drag a shed, drag a car, drag your buddy, carry your buddy, drag a tire, run against rubber cords, run in water (either in a pool or along the beach), run in mud and push a wheel barrow.
I am sure there are many other ways to increase your resistance.
Best O’ Luck

I would say pull a sled. Don’t let your speed slow down by more than 10-15%. If you do, your form will suffer.

Put some heavy stuff in a good backpack, then wear it.

Another option is your surface - perform your sprints on sand or shallow water. In faith, Coach Davies

What is your definition of wind sprints? My definition is several sets of continuous sprints, that involve changing directions. In this case, I really don’t see why you would want to add weight. Wind sprints aren’t used to make you faster, just for conditioning purposes. If you add weight, your form will get very sloppy and you won’t be doing yourself much good as far as speed development. If you are going to use resistance, you would want to do it with single sprints where you can concentrate on form and technique. But, if speed development is of no concern to you, then do things suggested in the previous posts.

Charles Poliquin doesn’t like parachutes because they negatively affect the stride biomechanics. (woah I sound like a scientist or something)

Couldn’t you tie a rope to a tire and run with it tied around you…that would provide resistants…or what bout sprinting up hills…or running with a paracheut? just a couple of suggestions

I think that it’s important to differentiate what your goals are. Are you a competitive sprinter, and athlete training his sprinting, or just sprinting as an adjunct to your normal training?
If you are a sprinter (55m, 60m, 100m, 200m) then I agree that the resistance should me minimal unless you are doing acceleration in which case dragging a weight that is fairly heavy can be helpfull. Also if your a sprinter than the weight vest has less to offer than dragging a resistance. As far as running up hills this can be a good way to work on your power position for your accellerations. The easiest and cheapest way to add resistance is just with a belt, rope, and an old tire. Sleds are excellent if you have one.
If your an athlete looking for conditioning then the weighted vest can work well. Also running in sand or shallow water can be helpfull for learning to maintain proper mechanics under stressfull conditions.
If this is just for fitness reasons, then do whatever makes you tired.
Hope this helps.

Yo.