Wilma Hates Me

Good luck to you and Natedogg.

DD

[quote]GhostOfYourMind wrote:
If I don’t have a pleasant sleep tonight beause of this bitch I’m gonna be mad…

And in other news… I have no school monday OR tuesday! WEEEE![/quote]

I think we get tropical storm for most of the night. It gets wicked tomorrow around 6-8 am, depending on where you are. You should sleep pretty well. The sounds the wind makes during a cane is completely unreal, esp if you get the eye. Last year, I remember waking up to the constant sound of a jet engine taking off and landing (I test jet engines for real life, it was no exaggeration).

No work tomorrow for me either. Hopefully, I will get the best combo . . . no work and functional A/C.

Joe, Nate Dogg is tucked safely away in North Central Florida. He may have to avoid a puddle getting out of his car tomorrow. He didnt take me up on the invitation to come down and ride the dragon with me. . … .

Jules, thanks for the call. . . . .

[quote]jodgey wrote:
GhostOfYourMind wrote:
If I don’t have a pleasant sleep tonight beause of this bitch I’m gonna be mad…

And in other news… I have no school monday OR tuesday! WEEEE!

I think we get tropical storm for most of the night. It gets wicked tomorrow around 6-8 am, depending on where you are. You should sleep pretty well. The sounds the wind makes during a cane is completely unreal, esp if you get the eye. Last year, I remember waking up to the constant sound of a jet engine taking off and landing (I test jet engines for real life, it was no exaggeration).

No work tomorrow for me either. Hopefully, I will get the best combo . . . no work and functional A/C.

Joe, Nate Dogg is tucked safely away in North Central Florida. He may have to avoid a puddle getting out of his car tomorrow. He didnt take me up on the invitation to come down and ride the dragon with me. . … .

Jules, thanks for the call. . . . .[/quote]

Fun…lol! Let’s see, I’m in the Ft. Lauderdale area, about 10 miles inland. There’s a good chance we’ll get 74+ mph winds probably. I don’t think we’ll get the eye though. Meh, I forsee power outages here…:frowning: Stay safe jodgey and nate dogg and anyone else who lives in florida (especially south florida).

The hurricane wasnt that bad. The eyewall was pretty intense, but it was a lot of wind and rain. The news makes it seem worse than it is. Still no Cingular phoen service, but we got power and cable back late last night.

I hope everyone else who went through the cane is doing well. … .

Are you some sort of retard? Most people should know that a hurricane is full of wind and rain. And when he says “we” got power yesterday he means like 15,000 out of 680,000 people that lost power in Palm Beach County have been restored. Only a few have been so lucky.

I was extremely lucky. I had power before 3:00 Monday afternoon and phone service when I woke up Tuesday morning. Many of my clients just got power back today (Wednesday) and still have no phones.

[quote]FMF wrote:
I was extremely lucky. I had power before 3:00 Monday afternoon and phone service when I woke up Tuesday morning. Many of my clients just got power back today (Wednesday) and still have no phones.[/quote]

I still don’t have power as far as damage I only lost one car to a tree falling on it and the cover to my grill. Hopefully I’ll get power today. Hope everyone else did well.

sorry to hear that ractep. This girl across the pool from me had a palm fall on her brand new Lexxus SUV hood and windshield and totally smashed it. I was really fortunate with my stuff, as I am back to normal now.

I coworker of mine in Okeechobee got effed up. His sea wall didnt hold the lake back, and he and his wife and dog were floating on an inflatable alligator for a couple hours as the house started to fill up with water. Ass soon as the storm died down, though, the water receeded. The wind picked up a massive shed (i havent seen it, but isnt one of those crappy Teds Sheds) and its cement anchors and threw it 20 feet. He lost two motorcycles, his atv and all of his power tools which are now tossed all over his neighbors yards. . .

This was supposed to be a tropical storm by the time it reached us. . . what happened to that?

[quote]invinciblehero wrote:
Are you some sort of retard? Most people should know that a hurricane is full of wind and rain. And when he says “we” got power yesterday he means like 15,000 out of 680,000 people that lost power in Palm Beach County have been restored. Only a few have been so lucky. [/quote]

Having met the man, may I state for the record that his is, indeed, the BEST sort of retard! :slight_smile:

Are you talking about Captain Florida?

[quote]aikigreg wrote:

Having met the man, may I state for the record that his is, indeed, the BEST sort of retard! :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Thanks Greg. I appreciate that. . . .

Effin’ A! That was a nasty storm. We here in sunrise got the crap kicked outta us. We’re still without power. Got the generator hooked directly up to the breaker box right now as I type this. I haven’t taken a hot shower in a week…lol! Life’s been…interesting. Everything’s trashed though. My family’s lucky, we just lost fencing, gutters, and about 3 trees. Some people in my neighborhood lost their roof or parts of it. It was a bitch though. Cell servie is still good though. We got tons of down powerlines though (some concrete ones were snapped in half, hollow center I think). I think my area is expected to get power around the 15th of November, and all of browards gets it the 22nd. And I got school tuesday supposedly…:frowning: Glad ya’ll are good though.

PS- Moving down fences, trees, and the like is GREAT strongman/GPP/exercise stuff…:smiley: