Will You Store Food for the Bad Economy?

I was just wondering if any of you from the U.S and UK are intending on storing food within the next year or so?

I know a lot of you probably don’t believe in the looming world economic crisis but I’m pretty sure we’re in trouble have a look at this video… - YouTube All the proof you need that the dollar is crashing and the same is true for the pound.

So I think it’s probably a good idea to store food even if we’re not 100% sure that there will be a food shortage due to inflation etc.
I need my 8 meals a day I’m bulking :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t there always a looming world crisis?

In the 70’s, it was the Malthusian famine.

Then a new Ice Age. Brrrrr.

Then Nostradamus’ Great Flood of '87 (or similar… doesn’t really matter, since it never happened.)

Then a comet. Or maybe two.

Then the End of Times™ on the year 2000; coupled with the Y2K bug hysteria.

We’ve had AIDS, SARS, Bird Flu, etc. All humanity ending looming pandemics.

Now it’s Global Warming, the End of Oil and again, a massive food shortage. We’ve come full circle it seems.

Oh, I almost forgot about December 2012, the Really-Real-End-of-Times-We’re-Sure-This-Time- Because-The-Maians Said So. Well, when the Spaniard showed up, all the Maians had to fight them off was a precise calendar. Spain, apparently, was unimpressed. How smart is that?

My advice: Don’t plan your life around youtube videos.

I always have maybe a week to a week and a halfs worth of canned goods. Because stuff does happen like when the southern Arizona gas pipelines broke a few years ago and Phoenix ran out of gas for a few days. But do you mean a months worth? A years worth?

[quote]duece wrote:
But do you mean a months worth? A years worth? [/quote]

If someone’s talking about an inflation-induced food shortage, that means long-term, as in several years (typically).

Honestly, if this Nation somehow finds itself in such a crisis where there is literally not enough food to feed suburban households, and you happen to be the house on the block that has a stockade of food, good luck keeping it to yourself.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
duece wrote:
But do you mean a months worth? A years worth?

If someone’s talking about an inflation-induced food shortage, that means long-term, as in several years (typically).

Honestly, if this Nation somehow finds itself in such a crisis where there is literally not enough food to feed suburban households, and you happen to be the house on the block that has a stockade of food, good luck keeping it to yourself.

[/quote]

I am trying to picture what a months worth of food saved up for me looks like.

I really don’t think I have the storage space.

Wouldn’t logging off of T-Nation and dropping down to about 89lbs be the best way to conserve and store food for the impending crisis?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
duece wrote:

Wouldn’t logging off of T-Nation and dropping down to about 89lbs be the best way to conserve and store food for the impending crisis?[/quote]

If X stops eating there would no longer be a food crisis and third world countries would have a food surplus. Problem solved.

Wouldn’t logging off of T-Nation and dropping down to about 89lbs be the best way to conserve and store food for the impending crisis?[/quote]

Screw storage space, I’d be more concerned with the 2nd mortgage I would have to take out to pay for a year’s-plus worth of food for myself. It’s a frightening thought.

I do, for some reason, find it interesting to think about. What exactly would I fill a tractor-trailer with from Costco that wouldn’t perish, and would sustain me, for over a year?

Oh, and losing body mass for the sake of survival? Let’s be realistic here, Professor.

Bauer97 wrote:
duece wrote:
But do you mean a months worth? A years worth?

As the bigger/stronger more evolved male’s that we are it would be our job during a food crisis to thin the herd. By this I mean we take food from the weak and pathetic by force (not talking about women and children of course)…survival of the fittest would be in full effect.

I just tried to picture the food storage for a month also…even for me that would not be a pretty sight. I think I would have to turn my living room into a food storage area…lol

Could you imagine what all the sub 150lbers who just want hawt abz would be saying then? lol

just wondering, but doesnt the united states still produce over 60% of the worlds grain, as well as a lrage amount of beef and other livestock? if the shit really hit the fan, we could still produce food for ourselves, if we had to - even if no one else could afford fuel, it could still be given to those who need it it produce food. again, thats a worse case scenario. i could be way off base.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:

Oh, and losing body mass for the sake of survival? Let’s be realistic here, Professor.[/quote]

I know, I know. I laughed as I typed that.

[quote]josh86 wrote:
Could you imagine what all the sub 150lbers who just want hawt abz would be saying then? lol[/quote]

“Pass the ammo, I see a big one coming up.”

[quote]josh86 wrote:
As the bigger/stronger more evolved male’s that we are it would be our job during a food crisis to thin the herd. By this I mean we take food from the weak and pathetic by force (not talking about women and children of course)…survival of the fittest would be in full effect.
[/quote]

Agreed lol… To quote Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park “nature will find a way” … Right now what survival of the fittest is going on? None :stuck_out_tongue: we let all the people that would otherwise die survive it’s why the world is over-populated and in most cases people are getting more stupid than ever before.

@Pookie - I don’t think a food shortage is quite the same as some of those examples :stuck_out_tongue: are you going to always be able to afford food? With the way things are going maybe, maybe not.

@hypnotoad - yes the states are responsible for over 60% of the worlds grain I think but how many people can still grow crops properly, who has enough land for it? Can you catch game and skin it? A lot of people can’t anymore.

Most of the food would be guarded, rationed…

It would not be worth it, since I eat alot of perishable foods anyway. I am not willing to throw away good and the money I spent getting it, because of forecasts and predictions. This reminds me of all the scare that went into Y2K. We all know how that turned out. I was in Vegas that New Years, and while everyone thought spontaneous combustion would happen, nothing ever did. Life continued on, and my ATM card worked just fine too.

All I’ll be storing is ammo.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
I do, for some reason, find it interesting to think about. What exactly would I fill a tractor-trailer with from Costco that wouldn’t perish, and would sustain me, for over a year?
[/quote]

Dinty Moore Beef Stew, FTW.

do people really think theres going to be a food crisis?

i hope the pound does crash, you euro bastards dont deserve to be richer than us. if Barak loses im getting my TEFL and moving to south america. iBuenos tardes amigos!

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:

Dinty Moore Beef Stew, FTW. [/quote]

You get sick of that shit if you eat enough of it.

I know from experience. I think one can of that mixed with 2 cups of rice is how I got through school and gained weight while being broke.

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
Agreed lol… To quote Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park “nature will find a way” .[/quote]

Dood…you’ve gone from YouTube videos to Jeff Goldblum…what’s next Pee Wee Herman treatises?

Bauer97 wrote:

Oh, and losing body mass for the sake of survival? Let’s be realistic here, Professor.

I know, I know. I laughed as I typed that.

[/quote]

LMAO, you meatheads.

rainjack wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:

Dinty Moore Beef Stew, FTW.

You get sick of that shit if you eat enough of it.

I know from experience. I think one can of that mixed with 2 cups of rice is how I got through school and gained weight while being broke.[/quote]

We’re talking world-wide calamity here, aren’t we?

You may get sick of it, but that beats the alternative.

As for me and my family - we’re going to go kill my aunt and uncle, and take over their Y2K bunker. They thought the world was ending 8 years ago, and have a shit ton of unused survival shit.