Will You Ever Bring Back Mag-10?

It’s difficult giving a definitive yes or no answer.

There are several issues affecting the decision:

1. The Mag-10 supplement is super expensive to make.
  2. The cost of our casein hydrolysate is skyrocketing.
  3. Manufacturing lead times have increased 3x - 10x.
  4. Shipping costs for raw materials have gone up 4x.
  5. Supply chains have slowed to a crawl.

Here’s what we’re thinking:

• All of these factors make manufacturing challenging.
  • We’ll have to increase the price to at least $149.95 per pouch.
  • Will consumers balk at the price?

So, Mag-10 lovers, we need your feedback to help us decide our next step.

If we brought back Mag-10:

Would you buy one pouch per month for $149.95?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I love Mag-10, but that is simply beyond what I can currently afford every month

3 Likes

I had used Mag-10 as a post workout protein.

Considering my two week opinion of the benefit of a complete Surge supplementation approach, I have relied on Metabolic Drive as a post workout protein 30 minutes after finishing the last of the Surge following my workout. I wonder if there is much that Mag-10 could add, even if it were to complement Surge.

Right now, It would be difficult to sell me on Mag-10, even at the old price.

Make your sales pitch.

Thank you. Please vote “no,” then.

Thank you, Tim, for replying to my question. The new price plus exchange (I’m Canadian) would not justify a purchase. I’ve just ordered Surge and hope it will deliver as advertised. Thanks, again.

It will and more.

3 Likes

Definitely follow up and let everyone know what you think! Lots of positive reviews so far. It’s cool to see “real users” give their feedback.

1 Like

Is this likely to impact Plazma as well?

Yes, absolutely.

1 Like

that’s disappointing, this is a daily use supplement depending on my schedule/goals.

Plans to bring it back if things improve?

1 Like

That price is indeed too high, even for me!
I would much rather have the casein hydrolysate slated for Plazma than Mag-10 at this time.
Please don’t stop production of Plazma. It’s WAY better still than SWF that is being promoted right now in my humblest of opinions (and experience).

1 Like

I’m glad you’re such a staunch Plazma supporter. I am too. But I formulated both and have used each more than anyone, and I do not agree. As a pre/intra-workout supplement, Surge Workout Fuel beats Plazma.

If the new Surge Workout Fuel beats Plazma as a pre/intra workout supplement, is there even a justifiable reason to keep Plazma around since it costs 70% more than Surge? Is there something that Plazma does better than Surge?

While a price tag of $150 puts Mag-10 out of my price range, I would request that Biotest consider the possibility of bringing Mag-10 back if/when raw material & shipping costs drop and supply chain issues alleviate. I’m hoping we see things return back to normal sooner than later.

1 Like

Add me to this list, as well. I miss my Mag-10.

It’s 30% more expensive. And Surge Workout Fuel is not better than Plazma.

1 Like

At $64.99 it’s 70% more expensive than the T-loyal price of $37.50 and no offense but you didn’t formulate the product or have a hand in research and development of the product so your comment that ‘Plazma isn’t better than Surge’ doesn’t hold any weight

1 Like

You’re right – I used the published list price for Surge, not the discounted price. I’ve used both products and I paid for both. I was actually hoping I wouldn’t notice a difference. The Surge is cheaper and there’s no mucking around with liquid flavoring so its more convenient for travel purposes, which I do a good bit of. Sadly for my wallet and convenience I notice enough of a difference with the Plazma that I’ll continue to pay extra for it so long as Biotest makes it. So, you might not give my opinion as much weight as Tim’s but I am drawing on my personal experience with both products, neither of which was given to me for free.

Good to know that you see better results with Plazma. I’m curious if other users will feel the same as time goes on. I just started using Surge so I can’t yet comment on its effectiveness when compared to Plazma.

I was just curious as to how someone involved in the formulation of the products would describe the differences between the products. It was my understanding that originally, Surge was geared more towards endurance athletes and Plazma towards bodybuilders/strength athletes.

I would still consider using Plazma at $65 if it provides superior results

Up thread there’s another user who seems to feel similar to the way I do. Whether Plazma vs. Surge Workout Fuel would really matter in the long run for me, I don’t know. Sometimes I think the whole intra workout supplementation thing is majoring in the minors – and I say that as someone who has used intra workout drinks religiously since 2002 or thereabouts. But then I see a guy like John Berardi, who has no present agenda or affiliation with any supplement company so far as I know, still using a workout drink and think it makes sense to do so. And, if I’m going to use one, I might as well use the one that seems to work best for me since I’m privileged enough that the price difference is immaterial for me.

Considering that I am an 73 year old lifter fighting sarcopenia (muscle wasting), I may not be the best source.

As far as a pre- and intra-workout supplement goes, nothing comes close to how the training feels than Surge Workout Fuel.

At this time I have a bag and a half of Plazma that is barely getting used. Occasionally, I use it as a post-workout supplement, but most times I use Metabolic Drive because it has greater protein content. I mixed the two once.