Will Weights Screw Up My Cardio?

Kewords: Power training or Explosive power training. It has it’s very own rules of the road which clould be be beneficial to athletes in any sport. Great for endurance, cardio, fast twitch, etc

First corn spirit- Love that Blade picture

Short ans = No strength training will not affect your cardio. You obtain your conditioning from pad work, bag work and sparring. BUT your conditioning will suffer if you spend too much time lifting weights and not enough time doing your sport specific stuff.

Tbh your 14, just lift heavy, eat loads and sleep loads. Follow a west side for skinny bastards template for fighters its on the net somewhere. Or Defrancos website.

The best thing i ever learned was to adjust my lifestyle. The saying it’s not the destination it’s the journey has to make sense. GSP didn’t become a champion by saying, i’m gonna bench X and squat Y and jump Z high etc. Athletic achievements come from making the necessary lifestyle changes such as healthy nutrition, working out and mental perseverance.

(sorry if this post is slightly uncoordinated i am running on a few hours of sleep)