Saturday - off
Sunday - off

Chest
Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Flat Bench Dumbell Flyes

Biceps
Standing Barbell Curls
Preacher Curls (with dumbells or barbell)
Seated/Standing Dumbell Curls

Triceps
close grip bench press
triceps extensions

Legs
Squats
Calve Raises

Shoulders
Seated/Standing Military Press (with barbell or dumbells)
Lateral Raises

oh! looking for some compound execises for back and maybe one more for legs also is 8-12 reps good? i am just starting out, so i am just using thr barbell to get correct form and take it slowly

training 3days/week as beginner and even intermediate you will get better results doing TBT or upper/lower

please excuse me, i am new to this stuff,what do you mean by TBT or upper/lower?

total body training, and pper lower split which is where you work upper body and lower body typically twice a week on alternating days. I don’t mean to be cruel, but just the fact you didn’t know those terms is fact enough that you shouldn’t split your routine into bodyparts yet.

throw in deadlift on your leg day. Do like 5X5. Lots of people make the mistake of not doing deadlifts and they pay for it later so if you add it to your routine now you’ll do really well.

Since you are a beginner doing TBT or Upper Lower is great. Stick to the big compound lifts: Deadlift, Squat, Chin/Pull up, Dip, Bench.

You are a true beginner, just about anything you do in the beginning will work as long as you find out how to push yourself.

thank you guys for the feedback, umm i think i need to read more, alot more but i am gong to give that training plan a go for about 3mths, and see what results i get. and i’ll take your advice waylanderxx and throw in dead lifts, another problem i am having is keeping tabs on what i eat, its pretty much different everyday,i am just trying to eat more times per day at the moment, taking a multivitamin and some fish oil.

i disagree with the crowd once again i say break your body part to 5 days a week and go bust your ass and you will make some awesome gains. as a begginer the sky is a limit and you can make crazy gains if you push it hard enough

[quote]hazarddude334 wrote:
i disagree with the crowd once again i say break your body part to 5 days a week and go bust your ass and you will make some awesome gains. as a begginer the sky is a limit and you can make crazy gains if you push it hard enough[/quote]

his only leg movements were squats and calf raises, pretty skimpy.He should stick to a professionally designed program so eh doesn’t fall into bad habits of doing a few reps of squats once a week, then doing a few hours of chest and arms. If a beginner were to do a bodypart splitI would think a smart one would be in order at least.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
throw in deadlift on your leg day. Do like 5X5. Lots of people make the mistake of not doing deadlifts and they pay for it later so if you add it to your routine now you’ll do really well.[/quote]

I’l second the deadlift part. Or he could deadlift on back day.

Just don’t make the common beginner mistake of only training upper body and neglecting your lower body. I did that for about 6 months when I first started and I had to work my ass off to fix it. Chicken legs are one of the most unattractive features.

GJ with what your doing though, looks like you’re heading in the right direction.

Working out always works - but to what end? What do you want from it? Get big, cut, fast, strong etc. Figure this out first, and then begin. It is fine to change whenever you want but you need to know what you want to get out of it.

thanks again guys, maybe i should have started by saying i am looking to pack on some muscle
i am going to be 36yrs old in april, and i am only 136lbs approx 5,9, so basically i am a pretty skinny dude,i am eating alot more now like 5 times daily taking in more calories, havent started any suppliments yet, since i am basically using the barbell at the momemnt to get the correct form, doing like 8-12reps 3-4 sets each movement,and if you did not notice i am doing this at home.i am taking it very slow at the moment, gradually making my workout more intense weekely, thank you guys for all the info,apprecite it very much

eat 200 grams of protein, 250 grams of carbs and 100 grams of fat every day

read this and follow it.

if you want to take it slow, start with a light weight, but do progress it like the program says.

that should be enough for a total beginner

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:
eat 200 grams of protein, 250 grams of carbs and 100 grams of fat every day

read this and follow it.

if you want to take it slow, start with a light weight, but do progress it like the program says.

that should be enough for a total beginner[/quote]

if you have no squat rack, then front squats are ok. You should check out thedudeabides’ rippetoes log.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Just don’t make the common beginner mistake of only training upper body and neglecting your lower body. I did that for about 6 months when I first started and I had to work my ass off to fix it. Chicken legs are one of the most unattractive features.

GJ with what your doing though, looks like you’re heading in the right direction.[/quote]

Happend to me and I’m still working on it. My quads exploded, but my calves are shameful. Train legs and back hard.