Will This Routine Work?

Jskrabac: I dont know whats bothering you, but i got what i wanted from this thread. Im a beginner who needs information, and you’re an experienced bodybuilder who finds pleasure in rediculing me on my ignorance. You’re what’s wrong with this forum.

[quote]Smashingweights wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:
The reason I said to get rid of Lateral Raises was because you could be doing Front Raises instead…[/quote]

Your first post was bad enough, this just made you look worse…lol. [/quote]
The reason I said to get rid of Bb Rows was because you could be doing deadlifts instead.[/quote]

Honestly for building a big back I think bb rows are garbage unless you are quite gifted

My current 8 week block, on a 6 day split involves: Mon: Squat and Deadlift, Wed: Squat and SLD’s, Fri: Squat and trap bar deadlift. I’m loving it, sucked for the first week but the body is extremely resilient and capable of recovering a lot more quickly than we give it credit for. As long as you give yourself a deload like Paulie mentioned, which I will do at the conclusion of this training block, overtraining largely doesn’t exist

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:
The reason I said to get rid of Lateral Raises was because you could be doing Front Raises instead…[/quote]

The reason I said to get rid of Bb Rows was because you could be doing deadlifts instead.[/quote]

Honestly for building a big back I think bb rows are garbage unless you are quite gifted [/quote]

They’ve never really done it for me either Ryan. Lately I’ve been doing relatively light trap bar rows with a HUGE squeeze at the top, the DOMS is unlike any other back exercise I’ve ever done

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

Honestly for building a big back I think bb rows are garbage unless you are quite gifted [/quote]

They’ve never really done it for me either Ryan. Lately I’ve been doing relatively light trap bar rows with a HUGE squeeze at the top, the DOMS is unlike any other back exercise I’ve ever done
[/quote]

I like trap bar rows done like you are talking about but unfortunately my current gym doesn’t have one. If I had to pick one back exercise I would go DB row. You change angles and lines of pull to hit pretty much your whole back. You can do them with a damn good stretch (I think that’s very important for back) as well as peak holds or bust out high rep heavy ones as finishers.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

For a beginner, presses should be plenty for the lateral delts. That’s all.

I think this looks like a solid beginner workout.

For the love of everything holy don’t take out the lateral raises if your goals are based around looking better in any way.

As others have said, BB rows kind of work for some people and not for others. I would do a DB row, or a Meadows Row which I personally find to be one of the best back exercises around.

Depending on how great your shoulder mobility is and all that, I would maybe think about doing the heavy OHP before the heavy Benching if doing it on the same day.

Do calves and abs.

[quote]Mina293 wrote:
Jskrabac: I dont know whats bothering you, but i got what i wanted from this thread. Im a beginner who needs information, and you’re an experienced bodybuilder who finds pleasure in rediculing me on my ignorance. You’re what’s wrong with this forum.[/quote]

Easy bigtimer…Jake’s one of the guys on this forum that I would trust to write all of my training. He was actually defending you, as much of the advice you got suggested that you would be “overtraining.” Jake was pointing at that that is largely an irrational fear. I’d listen to him

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

Honestly, way to ruin my joke Ryan.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

Honestly, way to ruin my joke Ryan.[/quote]

Lol! I missed it until now Smashing, but that was very well played on your part

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

Honestly, way to ruin my joke Ryan.[/quote]

I didn’t mean to ruin it. I just couldn’t add to it. So I made that comment. Sorry Charlie.

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

For a beginner, presses should be plenty for the lateral delts. That’s all.[/quote]

No. Just no

Keep the Dan laterals in. Also make sure to hit rear delts if for nothing else shoulder health.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

For a beginner, presses should be plenty for the lateral delts. That’s all.[/quote]

No. Just no

Keep the Dan laterals in. Also make sure to hit rear delts if for nothing else shoulder health. [/quote]

^This. Honestly I would argue working your lateral and rear delts could actually result in stronger pressing numbers then someone who ONLY OHP.

Anchor, aren’t you like a 15 year old beginner? How would you know that OHP should be ‘plenty’ for a beginner? Not trying to be rude or a dick, just I know many who have said OHP gave them solid front delts and not much more for the rest of their shoulders.

[quote]Mina293 wrote:
Jskrabac: I dont know whats bothering you, but i got what i wanted from this thread. Im a beginner who needs information, and you’re an experienced bodybuilder who finds pleasure in rediculing me on my ignorance. You’re what’s wrong with this forum.[/quote]

Nothing I said was directed at you. I do not ridicule beginners; not my style. I was actually defending you. What was bothering me was that very little solid advice was being given to help you out.

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

Anterior delts get hit much harder from OHP. That’s EXACTLY why you want lat raises, over front. You just got it backwards. Front raises are superfluous. Lateral raises are staples for anyone with a physique goal in mind.