T Nation

Will This Cause Fat Gain PWO?

2 cups hood low carb milk (10g fat, 10g carbs, 16g protein)
3 eggs (You know)
1/3 cup all natural juice
1/2 cup dextrose
1 cup strawberries

I need lots of calories, buti am worried the fat cotent combined with the sugar will lead to fat gain. I am having trouble digesting protein shakes right now so i needed an alternative… this seems much healthier to me.

No one will be able to tell you whether it will cause fat gain for you. Just try it and find out.

By the way, the bioavailability of the protein in raw eggs is pretty poor. You’ll get a lot more out of them if there are cooked.

As long as you bust your ass during your workout it should be fine.

why dont you just save the eggs and milk for your post workout meal (30 min-60 min after your shake) and just do the shake with high glycemic carbs and protein directly post workout? problem solved.

That looks terrible.

Just drink a quart of milk.

Stop overthinking this.

Worried about “PWO fat gain”. . . good googly-moogly, what is the world coming to?

i have 64 ounces of milk in the 1-2 hours post upper body workout, and 128 ounces milk in the 2-3 hours post lower body workout.

gained 15lbs in 2 months, like 30-50lbs on all my lifts

The only way to find out is to try it. everyone is different bro.

Drop the juice and dextrose. Replace low-carb milk with heavy cream or half and half. Otherwise, drop in a scoop of protein powder if you can stomach it…or 1 cup of cottage cheese, maybe a tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil.

Your body’s ability to partition nutrients immediately PWO is the greatest throughout the day; take advantage of it. And the whole spiking insulin thing PWO is overrated in my opinion because of this fact.

You could also try throwing in a tbsp of natural peanut butter instead of the coconut oil.

I would focus on getting ALL your carbs PWO (assuming you are trying to get lean) and a huge chunk of your daily calories in this same window. Really, though, you just have to learn to read your body.