Will the Lakers Trade Shaq?

The Lakers are facing a rebuilding situation. Outside Shaq and Kobe, the team is old, marginally talented, or green.

Given that Kobe’s best years are to come (assuming he’s not doing time), will the Lakers trade Shaq to start rebuilding the team around a young Kobe Bryant?

I can’t see the Lakers trading Shaq and keeping Kobe. They both have their ups and downs, but I think a dominant big man is just too important.

I do think one of them needs to go, though. Kobe barley showed up in the playoffs. He only had one good game. To his credit, though, he didn’t get a lot of offensive help.

I think both Malone and Payton are gone. Although, depending on the offseason moves, I think Karl might stay one more year. I really wanted to see Karl win one. He has been such a hard worker for so long, and I think he was the fire that even got this team to the finals. The Lakers were just a better team when he was healthy.

Still, no one even knows what’s even going to happen with Phil. I think he will stay because he is obsessed with getting that 10th ring so he is no longer tied with Auerbach. Phil Jackson is so overrated and full of himself. He is a good “superstar coach” but he has no idea how to coach a team of average players.

But, even after saying all this, I really have no idea what’s going to happen.

Um, no.

Shaq is the most dominant player in the world. I dont think they will trade him.

Besides no one else is going to pay that ridiculous salary he’s on.

Trade Shaq for Yao, NOW! If you watched the Lakers this year, im talking over 40 games, you will see that Shaq is very very old, very tired, very non committed, very lazy and very egomaniacal.

Kobe is another idiot who got shut down by Tay Prince in the finals. Would MJ ever let himself get shut down my Tayshaun Prince in the finals?? HELLLLLLLL NO. Kobe needs to learn the word TEAM and forget the word ME ME ME ME ME.

Malone - too old
Payton- too much of a whiney little bitch

phil - over it

rest of the team - scrubs

jamal sampson - sihn him to a 7 year max out deal

Whatever haters, who has the most championships in in this millinium? That’s right, Lakers.

But who won this year…thats right the PIS-TONES!!

DeterminedNate says:

Trade Shaq for Yao, NOW! If you watched the Lakers this year, im talking over 40 games, you will see that Shaq is very very old, very tired, very non committed, very lazy and very egomaniacal.

Kobe is another idiot who got shut down by Tay Prince in the finals. Would MJ ever let himself get shut down my Tayshaun Prince in the finals?? HELLLLLLLL NO. Kobe needs to learn the word TEAM and forget the word ME ME ME ME ME.

Nate, Shaq is the most physically dominant player in the NBA. And if you actually watched him play 40 games this year, or any of the games in the Finals, you would realize you have no basis for dissing him. Shaq is not the reason why the Lakers lost.

And neither is Kobe. Without Kobe, the Lakers would not have even made it to the Finals.

Read the Sportsguy’s ESPN.com column today if you actually want an informed opinion on the Finals and the Lakers.

If Kobe is found guilty the judge should give him the option of serving time or signing with the Nuggets. He’s in Colorado all the time anyway, and he’s met some of the nice people. And he’s the scoring guard we need. A maturing Carmelo, improved Nene and healthy Camby and it’s fun and run in Denver.

dont forget chris anderson.

shaq is old, face it. watch him play, he is no where near the player he once was, NO WHERE.

Evidently Jerry Bus loves Kobe and will do anything to keep him even if that includes trading Shaq. Owners have last say in decisions like that.

Personally I don’t understand how you can trade Shaq.

Bill Davidson(Piston’s owner) didn’t like Rick Carlisle…see what happened to him.

No way.

That’ll be a dumb move.

They definately should not remove the most dominant player in the NBA.

And for Yao Ming?

No chance.

Yeah, Chris Andersen is fun to watch. He also was a big difference maker at times in the season. He isn’t real consistent yet, but his rebounding, shot blocking and shot altering and athleticism make him valuable.

Lakers will trade shaq.

I dont know how credible these suggestions are, but someone proposed:

Shaq for KG and Troy Hudson

Shaq for Jermaine Oneal and Ron Artest

I would do both of these trades.

Shaq for KG and Troy Hudson

Shaq for Jermaine Oneal and Ron Artest

I would never do these trades. Maybe they’d Minnesota and Indiana would benefit for a few years, but Shaq’s getting old, and KG and Jermaine O’neal are still pretty young and are only getting better. KG and Jermaine already dominate (maybe not as much as Shaq), but soon enough, shaq will retire, and those two will control the paint.

I think Shaq should just go to Dallas. He wants to come here, and we’d be willing to take him.

Shaq for Shawn Bradley…how much better can it get?? :smiley:

Apparently shaq and kobe both want to move now.

I say yes, and my crystal ball says to Miami for Brian Grant and Lamar Odom

the nuggets don’t need kobe. The nuggets are led by Melo, it’s his team. Although I would like to see kobe in denver, YEAH RIGHT! But it would make a hella interesting court ruling… “I sentence you to the next 5 to 10 years with the Denver Nuggets, at minimal pay” You’d have to wonder who would appeal that, his agent, or his lawyers.

Oh, and Chris Anderson isn’t on the team anymore… goodbye Birdman…