T Nation

Will Surge Make Me Gain Weight?

Hi I am new to this. Heard about the site through john stone forums

ok my goal is to lose 15 lbs so that I can have a more muscular look (but stay femenine looking)

I was looking through the site and read several articles on taking Surge after workout?

Will this make me gain weight?
Should I take it on the days I lift or on the days I go spinning or both?

please help.

Hmm, there can be a few confounding issues going on here, so I’ll try to answer carefully.

Generally you would consume Surge after a demanding workout that depletes your glycogen stores. Run of the mill cardio usually won’t qualify for this. When the muscles are depleted in this way, perhaps via weight training, they are going to try to soak up the ingredients of Surge.

However, on the weight issue, that gets very complex. Resistance training builds muscle, of course, and it is very dense.

So, it is very possible to lose size, become leaner and at the same time stay at the same weight or get a little bit heavier.

Don’t just measure your progress with a scale, get a tape measure and check the size of areas that can grow with muscle growth and that can shrink with fat loss.

Finally, I have no way of knowing your status, but many women have dieted away a lot of their muscle over time, and hence have very low metabolisms. It is very advantage to work hard and have more muscle mass – because it burns calories all day long on your behalf.

Well, I searched a little for ya and found this post: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=884744

And after reading the Product information in the shop, it says it is important post workout. As for weight gain… im not sure, maybe someone else will post on it, if not ill try and do some more searching.

Since it seems that they are out of Surge is there a combination of supplements that would be close to the same as taking Surge?

[quote]WantAbs wrote:
Since it seems that they are out of Surge is there a combination of supplements that would be close to the same as taking Surge?[/quote]

Chocolate Milk

[quote]WantAbs wrote:
Since it seems that they are out of Surge is there a combination of supplements that would be close to the same as taking Surge?[/quote]

BCAA’s, protein, maltodextrin

[quote]Race Fan wrote:
WantAbs wrote:
Since it seems that they are out of Surge is there a combination of supplements that would be close to the same as taking Surge?

Chocolate Milk[/quote]

SWEET! I like the way you think.

Hmm, I think a few folks haven’t found T-Nation radio yet…

Under the “Media and Art” heading on the left, find the “T-Nation Radio”. On there you’ll find audio interviews with contributors and such.

Check out the Berardi interview.

[quote]louwil wrote:
ok my goal is to lose 15 lbs so that I can have a more muscular look (but stay feminine looking)[/quote]

I really hope you’re a chick…

[quote]WantAbs wrote:
Race Fan wrote:
WantAbs wrote:

Chocolate Milk

SWEET! I like the way you think.[/quote]

Actually I’m just repeating what I’ve read.