Will Smith Can Bench Yo Momma

While flipping through an old Men’s Health the other day, I found this article…

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article/0,2823,s1-1-0-0-1650,00.html

Basically, it says that Will Smith could bench 385lb while he was filming I Robot. If it’s true, it’s pretty impressive. That is, that’s a lot weight to be throwing around for his size–unless he’s bigger than he looks on the screen.

He is an all around guy. He also gave up a full scholarship to MIT to pursue his rap career back in the day. True story.

I say there’s a good chance that number refers to a hammer strength bench press. What do you think?

[quote]John K wrote:
I say there’s a good chance that number refers to a hammer strength bench press. What do you think?

[/quote]

dude, he did train HARDCORE for ali, i wouldn’t put past him to bench 385

[quote]John K wrote:

[/quote]

The article refers to him as doing flat or incline presses each week. So, I don’t think so.

Interestingly, it also describes him using a 12 set one rep pyramid going from 315 to 385, then back to 315.

It’s not just upper body, either; he’s got some decent sprint speed in Men in Black.

Huh…he gained all that strength without doing the 10 sets of 3 thingy ma bob…Now how is that possible? :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen a more BS claim since Bill O’Rilley said he was an independent.

Yeah I’d have to see The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire bench 385 to believe it.

I’d say that it’s BS.

Somehow I suspect when a actor wants to bulk up in a short period of time, they can probably go the “enhanced” route to help them reach their goals…

However, as long as they aren’t playing baseball, it’s probably okay.

damn i didn’t know he passed up MIT,
know he’s smart though, said that he studied whole scripts and other people
as well and said before they did. really
impressive mind, and have no reason
not to believe that he can bench 385…
hell paul sr(OCC) can bench 405 with
sloppy form and he’s what 50-55 yrs old?

Barton

Have you SEEN Paul Sr.? His chest and arms are GIANT.

How many YEARS do you think Paul Sr. has been lifting freeweights?

Hammerstrength makes machines for “flat bench” (both upright and, well, flat), “incline bench”, and “decline bench”. Just because it is a machine doesn’t mean that they don’t call it “incline bench”, etc.

[quote]John K wrote:
Have you SEEN Paul Sr.? His chest and arms are GIANT.

How many YEARS do you think Paul Sr. has been lifting freeweights?

[/quote]

Same point I would make.

True. It just seems to me that the way the article describes it, it would have indicated it was on a machine. However, I found the whole thing as suspicious as I did interesting. Maybe dancing around the fact that it was a done on a machine was their way of dancing around the truth… if they did.

It is possible. Take a look at his physical make-up. He has developed tri’s and dealts. It is not out of the rhelm of possible just by looking at his phycical make-up. I do not think they were talking about a “machine.” When was the last time a pretty white Paramount machine went up to 385? Even it was was done on a hammer strength machine, it is a decent weight.

This just in Ashton Kutcher has officially Front Squatted 623.5lbs.

Awesome!!!

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:

Awesome!!![/quote]

LOL!

[quote]bino wrote:
IL Cazzo wrote:

Awesome!!!

LOL!
[/quote]

HA,

He couldn’t front squat Demi Moores g-string!

I think Paul Sr. is just strong from wrestling with all the sheet metal. That and he’s built like a brick shit house.