Will Running 12 Miles a Week Hurt My T Level?

Hey guys-- I plan to lift weights 3 times per week and was planning to run 3 times a week (4 miles each run) as well. When I run, I run at about a 9-10 minute/mile pace and it takes me 35-40 minutes to complete the 4 miles. Unlike some, I actually enjoy running and competing with friends on the Nike + App. My question is: will running 12 miles a week in this fashion be counterproductive to getting my T up? I don’t want to do ANYTHING to keep my T down and just started TRT last week via Test Cyp injections. Is this a small enough amount of running that I shouldn’t worry about it? Thanks in advance!

Exercise will not hurt your T levels, but dropping T in 2nd week may not support your stamina or muscles. Your metabolism depends on more that T! Training when your metabolism is not right can create adrenal complications.

Post all lab work, not just T:
TT
FT
LH/FSH - do before TRT, cannot be done now.
E2
prolactin
CBC
hematocrit
fasting glucose
fasting cholesterol
AST/ALT

You need to self-inject 50mg T twice a week and very likely need anastrozole to get near E2=22pg/ml.

TRT stops LH/FSH and testes can become very small. Fertility at risk. 250iu hCG sub EOD is all that is required. 1500iu hCG per week is costly and can create very high levels of estradiol that can have serous problems.

Most here have some thyroid function issues, do not ignore last paragraph below.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

Thanks. I know that exercise, like weight lifting, is good for T, but I’ve read many places that long-distance running can actually hurt T. I’m just looking for some input on where that cut-off is, where the running inhibits T, and maybe what you guys do for cardio in place of running to build T.

If you are injecting T, almost nothing that you are reading applies to your situation.