Will Roy Moore Be Taken Down?

I disagree. McConnell also owes a duty to the Senate. Moreover, in an R+20 state, a near run indicates a huge level of voter discontent.

I think McConnell has a clear path to booting him out, and he should. If these types of allegations do not allow the Senate to trigger an expulsion, I query what would.

1 Like

I hope he does! I’m still hoping to see Trump removed from office via 25th Amendment!

2 Likes

LOL. Ok, point taken.

If you saw it as heinous, you wouldn’t resort to the incorrect use of charged words like “pedophile.” This is purely political.

Great post, ED.

I agree

1 Like

I looked up Senator expulsions. 15 have been expelled, 14 of them for endorsing the articles of the confederacy.

A sex scandal caused a resignation in 1996 before it could be tabled, however.

I do acknowledge that the hypocrisy of expelling him for sexual offenseswhen they have a slush fund for such claims. I am torn on the proper course of action. Expel him from the party maybe?

Even if we ignore Colbert’s antics for a second, the embedded clip of Moore is pretty damning.

A deputy DA attending a school recital and “remembering” a 15 year old girl, his wife-to-be? That’s so fucked up.

3 Likes

That is of course nonsense (not to mention either insulting or trolling).

Also:

pe·do·phile
ˈpedəˌfīl/
noun
noun: paedophile; plural noun: paedophiles; noun: pedophile; plural noun: pedophiles

a person who is sexually attracted to children.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=qDoXWrCVHsKkjwTcvJqgDw&q=pedophile+def&oq=pedophile+def&gs_l=psy-ab.3...7896.10252.0.10711.13.13.0.0.0.0.140.1084.10j2.12.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.4.433...0j46j0i131k1j0i46k1j0i10k1.0.zpuGCNnN3p4

So, to the extent a 14 y.o. can be considered a child, the common definition of the word fits his act.

Bingo. And while many GOP leaders have, to their credit, disavowed him, a significant portion (including the Dear Leader) have not–a fact which is as dispiriting as it is repugnant.

4 Likes

It’s on them now, if he wins, to do the right thing. He’ll likely caucus with them anyway, though.

From a political perspective, failing to denounce Moore is going to boomerang bigly on the Reps if he wins. If he is elected and seated, every Republican running for office in 2018 will be asked how s/he feels about Moore, whether they think Moore should have been seated, why s/he didn’t denounce Moore during his election (assuming they didn’t), whether s/he can ‘work’ with Moore, etc. The questioning will be relentless. Further, any courtesies, committee assignments, etc, proffered Moore will be interpreted as a tacit endorsement of his presence in the Senate.

tl;dr ‘Senator’ Moore will be hung around the neck of every Republican office holder and/or candidate.

4 Likes

But…what if it doesn’t? What if the Deplorables continue opposing you guys and doing this:

Will there ever be a point at which you guys say, “Wow. We need to just stop worrying about what those guys do, and run our own places. Let them do what they do.”?

Ask Jeff ‘Hot Mic’ Flake.

Edited to add:

1 Like

I believe he’s decided next year is the time to give it up. Is that your answer?

He’s the canary in the coal mine.

Is it safe to say that you actually support Moore’s election, since it will help ensure Democrat dominance for years to come? Using reverse psychology to drum up support for Moore. I see what you did there.

It is safe for you to say that because this is the internet, and essentially no one is held accountable for what they say.

You oppose Democrat dominance?

I oppose the election of unrepentant (and presumably unrehabilitated) pedophiles. (Since I know you object to that word, feel free to substitute whatever term you think more accurately describes an adult male who preys sexually upon teenage girls as young as 14, including committing sexual violence against at least one.)

Got it. I oppose Progressives. I don’t care much about the personal qualities(outside of their record in government) of people running for office; I just assume they’re worthless.

Edit: As for the usage of “pedophile,” I would just use whatever word I would for a man doing the same to any other post-pubescent woman. If that woman’s age is under that of the age of consent in her state, I would just use “criminal” or something.

2nd Edit: You oppose the election of unrepentant pedophiles? So, if Moore were to say, “Yes, I sexually molested that young girl, and I’m sincerely sorry it happened,” you wouldn’t oppose his election? FWIW, I’m not sure there is any way to rehabilitate a pedophile.

What do you mean by the term ‘post-pubescent’?

No, under those circumstances I would still oppose his election.

FWIW, you don’t think he’s a pedophile, remember?