Will Roy Moore Be Taken Down?

Name one time a politician was accused of sex shit and it turned out not true… 90% of the time its always true and they always lie till busted… Remember Bill Clinton he was my fav… I still use that line when chicks bust me…I did not have sex with that woman… ok maybe a little bit

on a side not this aint regular sex its tree jumper shit… I dont care reb or dem if I catch a 30yr old man touchin teens Im putting hands on him… I will gladley sit in county for 90days while these scum drink through a staw… Funny how people put that aside for a “team”

1 Like

I would like to add that if the Washpo knew about this during the primary and sat on it, they should be ashamed. I don’t buy their innocent investigation for a second.

Fair, however it’s from 1977… The idea it was just a flippant signature in a child’s yearbook and he forgot isn’t outlandish though.

I’m not defending him, I’m saying using a signed yearbook as proof of anything other than he signed a yearbook is getting into hysterical territory. And I’m only saying that because I know plenty of people, innocent lovely people, that would say/sign stuff like that for someone.

I’m not defending him here, not in any way. But a yearbook signature is now something that proves assault or improper conduct? That’s not reasonable.

The story from the “mall” etc is significantly better evidence.

Which (I hope at least) is likely why at least a few of the people still in support are still in support. They are more willing to think it’s lies because of this very idea.

Where did you see this?

Moore is done. Too much smoke not to have some flames with it. It doesn’t matter what we think, he’s been tried and sentenced by the public. If he wins, the senate will likely dock a vote of no confidence in the guy and remove him. Whether or not he’s guilty, he looks bad for a GOP that needs to look it’s best.
The first couple of accusations, I was skeptical, public people are often targets. But there seems to be an over arching pattern among women who don’t know each other and are reporting the same kind of stuff.
If you have demons, don’t run for office, they get found. If your demons are small you can get out in front of them, but sexual assault is a no fly zone in this country. It doesn’t matter when it happened nor whether or not you have changed for the better, you’re done. At least in public life.

Hell even George H.W. Bush is getting the hatchet job, at 93 as an ass grabber. Dude is senile as shit and even if the accusations are true, he started at like 87. Even if he’s a dirty old man in his old age, he’s harmless.

1 Like

I didn’t, I said ‘if.’ The timing is remarkable for having started post primary is my point.

1 Like

Polls have been catastrophically wrong in the recent past. That literally means nothing right now.

It does literally mean something.

1 Like

Not 99% of the time. Also you’ve got a REEEEEEEALLY steep hill to climb to say they were catastrophically wrong.

Grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins - sure… Even family friends is feasible.

But random dudes in their 30s? That was extremely unusual even in the 1970ies…

2 Likes

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html

This report is incredibly detailed and must have taken time to make.

He only won barely over 2 weeks ago. The timing of this stinks, and I truly hope it wasn’t held back from the primary.

I reckon we’ll find out for certain on election day. I really hope he goes away. This country needs a break and people need to chill the fuck out. Throwing a kiddie-diddler in the Senate will not help matters.

We’re seeing this through a tainted lens.

I don’t see the yearbook as a damming thing if you remove it from the allegations. So I can’t see it as all that damming while included.

Again, the Mall story is much more significant. imo

When were these accusations first made? I may be overlooking it, but I don’t think I’ve seen the year in which the 14-year-old first told others about Moore.

Her childhood friends attested that she had said she was “dating an older man”. And it looks like her mother found out about it in the '90s:

On a visit home in the mid-1990s to see her mother and stepfather in Alabama, Corfman says, she saw Moore’s photo in the Gadsden Times.

“ ‘Mother, do you remember this guy?’ ” Wells says Corfman said at the time.

That’s when Corfman told her, Wells recalls. Her daughter said that not long after the court hearing in 1979, Moore took her to his house. Wells says that her daughter conveyed to her that Moore had behaved inappropriately.

“I was horrified,” Wells says.

1 Like

When did the friends’ parents find out about it from their daughters; when did the girl’s horrified mother report it to anyone? If I was horrified, nobody would find out for 20 years. Fo sho!

Maybe the dude screwed around with teen girls, but this making news only now doesn’t inspire much confidence in its truth. Heck, this isn’t even the first time Moore has been in national news. “Child Molester Defies Federal Court’s Order to Remove Ten Commandments Monument” would probably have been an attention-getter.

Also being on the no fly zone at the mall…creepy

Looks like the sensitivity training at FOX news has paid off… Did yall see Hanity give Roy advice last night?? HAHA its like getting dating advice from Bill Cosby

1 Like

The friends likely didn’t tell their parents because they didn’t want to rat on their friend. They probably thought is was cool anyway.

If you want to consider this a smear campaign, go ahead, but you should probably listen to his Hannity interview. He doesn’t outright dispute dating teenagers when he was in his 30s. Couple that with signing the yearbook of a girl he never met and being known for cruising the mall looking for teenagers and I’d say his accusers look a lot more credible than he does.

Edit: you should also check out the article Loppar posted above.

3 Likes

Wow. This story originates directly where my wife is from.

I’ve been to Gadsden a few times and there are some really nice people, and some that really aren’t.

With the way some family trees get tangled up around there, I wouldn’t be surprised if older men weren’t trying to get “dibs” on a decent un-mangled branch.

My understanding of the local courtship rituals is that if you rape a woman and her family doesn’t kill you then she’s your wife.

There’s the gentle old south, then there’s that place.

4 Likes

This is much more damning than the yearbook in my opinion.