Will Roy Moore Be Taken Down?

Gotcha.

When marching in Chicago…Martin Luther King made the following observation:

“I have never seen, even in Mississippi and Alabama, mobs as hateful as I’ve seen here in Chicago…”

I think the DNC is running more smoothly than you guys are giving them credit for. The GOTV effort was solid in both VA & AL. I doubt they’ve completely learned their lesson from 2016, but they’re making progress while the GOP continues to fracture.

I am not going to say where in the north east I traveled (because I don’t want to throw shade at it from a distance), but it’s a big city and racism is far more venomous there than in the former confederate south.
So this observation is completely unsurprising to me.

Maybe its time the GOP dumps the Bannon nut jobs and goes back to just being fiscally conservative and pro-business…Like my Gran pappy’s Rebs…
IMO Alabama was a no-brainer nobody wants to be known for electing a tree jumper. Charles Barkley was right haha

1 Like

Agreed. If these losses prevent the GOP from putting forth the lunatic fringe candidates, it’ll definitely be a good thing.

And this ends up helping the Republicans more than anybody else. The extra vote was not worth the baggage Roy Moore brought with him. Now, nobody has to deal with him, there’s not going to be endless Roy Moore coverage, nobody has to defend him, etc.
There are a lot of R’s in the Senate today who are patting their brows and going “Whew!”
I was dreading Moore winning. The news cycle would be intolerable.

Naturally, CNN who said it’s better for Republicans if he did not win are now calling it a moratorium on Trump. No, morons people didn’t want to vote for a sexual predator, regardless of party affiliation.

1 Like

Bannon dumped the GOP, so he saved them the trouble. He’s in his little so called ‘war’ against the Republicans.

1 Like

meh…CNN’s gotta get ratings polls shmolls Trumps clearly not popular. So far his endorsements are a political death sentence. Good news is now Roy can ride horses, and spew nonsense on gays, Mexicans, Jews, and blacks till his heart’s content in obscurity yippee ki yay mother Frs

No, he’s just interested in making money.

Thank you.

It’s splitting hairs a bit. If I’m a Republican voter in Alabama and I choose to write in a candidate, stay home, or vote for Jones. The results are the same, no? I can see myself writing in another candidate, since that’s what I did in the Republican primaries in CA. Same effect.

I think this is right.

Question. Jones is filling the seat left by Sessions. Sessions was reelected in 2014. This means Jones will serve out Session’s term, right? He doesn’t have a full 6 years.

The ugliness of this kind of thing reminded me.

I saw a meme being circulated yesterday by some Dems on my FB feed. Republican Jesus with His arm around a young teenage girl. “I know you were raped Sally, but what’s important is the Senate seat.” Really helping the partisan divide, one meme at a time, right? Please pardon the image, but I wondered if the Dems would like a meme with Democrat Jesus and showing a partial birth abortion on his lap.

This kind of thing. Edited to say, this isn’t Mufasa talking, it’s part of an Andrew Sullivan quote he put up. You hope most people aren’t getting this ugly in the way the think about their neighbors. Imagine saying that to your Republican friend, to their face.

This is the level of ugly we’re in. Let’s all make memes that call each other hypocrites. People really willing to offend and insult their friends on FB other over this kind of thing. There’s a meanness to it that’s really worrisome.

2 Likes

I think that illustrates the divide that already exists.

I don’t think the Republicans could ever picture a Democrat Jesus.

Yes, but don’t forget that Trump himself said that his supporters would still back him even if he killed someone. What does that say about how he views his supporters and how is it any different than how some Democrats view them?

Oh, the ugly goes both ways. Whataboutism Trump, and Whataboutism all the other mean and ugly people who said some ugly thing. It’s a downward spiral. I was just a bit amazed at the seeming delight in putting that meme up.

The thing with Trump is that he is the president and should be example-in-chief, not instigator-in-chief.

1 Like

You just don’t understand how reality shows work.

2 Likes

Moore:

“I really want to ask you tonight that with the vote as close as it is, we have to go by the rules,” he said. “We also know that God is in control.”

Hey don’t blame me about the comments or the young women issues, God’s the one in control!!!

Ultimate alibi :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tragic. Every Mormon I have met have been wonderful, thoughtful people. They’ll talk the ear off of a belligerent drunk like me because they want to save my soul. Any country should be so lucky.

2 Likes

Theologically illiterate too. Hardly a shocker, to be fair.

1 Like

But a TON of people did vote for him. Roy Moore had a history of saying crazy things and having this with women and his opponent won a narrow victory.

And it’s not like people had a problem putting Bill Clinton or Trump in office with both of them having a lot of allegations of sexual issues of their own. People don’t mind voting for sexual predators if they are on the team people love already.

Two party system yay!

1 Like

From PBS tonight. Jones pulled 58% of women voters.

That says something. And as I said before, that number doesn’t include all the R women who may have written someone in.