Will Roy Moore Be Taken Down?

There’s no burden of proof on whether or not someone is a pedo AND someone isn’t a pedo if they only target post puberty kids? So we what, take their word for it?

I’m asking how you personally decide whether or not to call someone a pedo.

You can be a scum bag, and prey on in-experienced girls without being a pedophile.

But if I don’t like you, I’m gonna call you a pedophile.

2 Likes

How about we just call him a rapist?

@FlatsFarmer covered it. Using something as an insult does not make it literally so.

I’m asking how YOU determine whether or not you’re going to call someone a pedo.

40 yr old guy goes after 12 yr old girl that may or may not have already hit puberty. He states he fully believed she had already hit puberty.

Do you personally call him a pedo?

Some of the shit you guys argue about here…

7 Likes

Spinnin’ the wheels as some say…

12? I’m going to assume he’s a pedophile, in the absence of any further information.

Even if she’s already hit puberty? Average age for girls to hit puberty is ~10 (from my very brief unfact checked google). She’s more likely to have hit puberty than not, and you still call the guy a pedo?

Nah. I call him Lumpy, cause he’s gonna get beaten with an ax handle.

5 Likes

That’s Senator Lumpy to you, pal.

4 Likes

And that’s in the context of an elected official’s actions.

If you found out your male relative, friend or a coworker was dating a 15 year old you wouldn’t get into lengthy discussions about the exact onset of puberty - instead you’d be creeped out.

3 Likes

You don’t know me, son. Roll Tide.

6 Likes

I said that I’d assume so in the absence of further information. What grade’s a 12-year old in? 7th? What grade’s a 14-year-old in? 9th? I’m not positive, but I believe there were normally physical differences between girls in those grades. It’d probably be more important to look at others the guy pursued. Are others 10, 11, 12, or are others 16, 17, 18?

To answer this more precisely: I probably would. That would not make it so. I have friends that I sometimes call “idiots,” but that does not make them literally idiots. If my 32-year-old friend were to start banging an 18-year-old, I may very well call him a pedophile.

1 Like

Ehhhh Imma tap out here. The minutiae of the verbiage surrounding whether or not society should call someone a pedo just isn’t very attention grabbing.

Have a good one!

Take care. I think “pervert” would be the proper word for Moore, if what he’s accused of doing with the 14-year-old is true. FWIW

I think rapist is more accurate.

1 Like

Interestingly, being a sex offender didn’t hurt this guy’s historical legacy:

On April 23, 1787 Jones entered into the service of the Empress Catherine II of Russia, who placed great confidence in Jones, saying: “He will get to Constantinople.” He was granted name as a French subject Павел де Жонес (Pavel de Zhones, Paul de Jones)

In April 1789 Jones was arrested and accused of raping a 12-year-old girl named Katerina Goltzwart. But the Count de Segur, the French representative at the Russian court (and also Jones’ last friend in the capital), conducted his own personal investigation into the matter and was able to convince Potëmkin that the girl had not been raped and that Jones had been accused by Prince de Nassau-Siegen for his own purposes; Jones, however, admitted to prosecutors that he had “often frolicked” with the girl “for a small cash payment,” only denying that he had deprived her of her virginity. Even so, in that period he was able to author his Narrative of the Campaign of the Liman.

1 Like
1 Like