Will People STOP with the HIIT for Fat Loss!

[quote]D Public wrote:
walk on a treadmill…

3.6 mph …thats the speed the pros use…you can thank me later…[/quote]

I’m surprised nobody else mentioned this since its true. I also think its hard to do a good HIIT session and train weights in 1 day which is why the tredmill walk is used. Low intensity allows both but like others said diet is #1, everything else just helps get down to lower fat levels where diet stalls or takes too long.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
I know pushing 6% is a whole different ball game, but in my experience when I dropped from 20% to 9% BF this summer I did zero HIIT and zero steady state. it was all dumbbells, barbells, blood, sweat, and tears…oh and diet. [/quote]

Tears?

Thats gay.[/quote]

really??? What is this…elementary school? Have you ever heard of a figure of speech? Oh, and by your standards I guess Dave Tate’s gay, too?

“I cannot tell you how I trained or the weight I used, but I can tell you I worked so hard that I had tears streaming down my face. This was not crying, but they were tears of rage, fear and finally â?? tears of happiness.”

Guys who need to relax: you.

Anyone who disagrees with this is gay.

[quote]Teledin wrote:
I never knew getting lean was so black and white…[/quote]

X2

I have used HIIT with success, I believe both HIIT and steady state cardio have distinct advantages. Therefor, I implement both into my regimen.

In my humble opinion, diet is numero uno.

Once again they both fucking work.

Do the one that you can actually stick to, or do both. Doesnt matter.
[/quote]

LMAO @ the “I am a dog” image!

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
Dude, high intensity training HIT is different from high intensity interval training HIIT. HIT is some kind of total body training started by Arthur Jones.[/quote]

Wrong! HIT is what you’re supposed to try doing to her before the PIIHB Protocol.

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

[quote]Teledin wrote:

X2

I have used HIIT with success, I believe both HIIT and steady state cardio have distinct advantages. Therefor, I implement both into my regimen.

In my humble opinion, diet is numero uno.[/quote]

That’s it right there. Diet. Cardio is nothing more than supplementary fat loss work. I’d imagine using both steady state and HIIT work would make fat loss ideal as opposed to limiting oneself to either method. Just finished 14 weeks of dieting, with next to no cardio other than the once a week 20 - 30 minute HIIT session in the final 8 weeks (sometimes a second session). More than halved my body fat in that 14 weeks and the fat loss was magic without the cardio. The HIIT just made it that little bit better.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]threecoaching wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Uh… diet for fat loss

HIIT (of sorts) for conditioning

Steady state for general health

Did I win?[/quote]

If it’s a kind of joke then… maybe? Otherwise I’d have to ask if you’d been getting your training advice from a leaflet on pre-natal yoga classes.[/quote]

No. Diet is the best thing for fat loss (baring the last few stubborn percent for a comp)

HIIT is great for conditioning work for sports and powerlifting and such. (hill sprints, prowler, sled drags)

SS cardio is the best for you guessed it, cardiovascular health.[/quote]

SS cardio is not the best for cardiovascular health.

[quote]Teledin wrote:

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

[quote]Teledin wrote:

X2

In my humble opinion, diet is numero uno.[/quote]

That’s it right there. Diet. Cardio is nothing more than supplementary fat loss work. I’d imagine using both steady state and HIIT work would make fat loss ideal as opposed to limiting oneself to either method. Just finished 14 weeks of dieting, with next to no cardio other than the once a week 20 - 30 minute HIIT session in the final 8 weeks (sometimes a second session). More than halved my body fat in that 14 weeks and the fat loss was magic without the cardio. The HIIT just made it that little bit better.[/quote]

Props for being able to loose so much fat without cardio.

For me to get on stage I need to bust my ass every single day! Although, I have been able to induce great fat-loss with walking on an incline (in addition to 2-3 HIIT sessions/week), opposed to strictly running. That’s offered me some relief.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Uh… diet for fat loss

HIIT (of sorts) for conditioning

Steady state for general health

Did I win?[/quote]

If it’s a kind of joke then… maybe? Otherwise I’d have to ask if you’d been getting your training advice from a leaflet on pre-natal yoga classes.[/quote]

No. Diet is the best thing for fat loss (baring the last few stubborn percent for a comp)

HIIT is great for conditioning work for sports and powerlifting and such. (hill sprints, prowler, sled drags)

SS cardio is the best for you guessed it, cardiovascular health.[/quote]

SS cardio is not the best for cardiovascular health. [/quote]

depends on how intense you intervals are. i go hard enough sessions are short and my heartrate and all isnt raised that long.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:

How so? And what is?

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]jsbrook wrote:

How so? And what is?[/quote]

ANACONDA

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
I know pushing 6% is a whole different ball game, but in my experience when I dropped from 20% to 9% BF this summer I did zero HIIT and zero steady state. it was all dumbbells, barbells, blood, sweat, and tears…oh and diet. [/quote]

Tears?

Thats gay.[/quote]

really??? What is this…elementary school? Have you ever heard of a figure of speech? Oh, and by your standards I guess Dave Tate’s gay, too?

“I cannot tell you how I trained or the weight I used, but I can tell you I worked so hard that I had tears streaming down my face. This was not crying, but they were tears of rage, fear and finally Ã?¢?? tears of happiness.”

Hey don’t be a jerk, man.

Its just the internet.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

Tears?

Thats gay.[/quote]

“I cannot tell you how I trained or the weight I used, but I can tell you I worked so hard that I had tears streaming down my face. This was not crying, but they were tears of rage, fear and finally Ã??Ã?¢?? tears of happiness.”

Its just the internet.

[/quote]
Hey! Shut the fuck up man!!..jk…not mad…just surprised at the immaturity–completely highlighting something totally irrelevant to the OP

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

Tears?

Thats gay.[/quote]

“I cannot tell you how I trained or the weight I used, but I can tell you I worked so hard that I had tears streaming down my face. This was not crying, but they were tears of rage, fear and finally Ã???Ã??Ã?¢?? tears of happiness.”

Its just the internet.

[/quote]
Hey! Shut the fuck up man!!..jk…not mad…just surprised at the immaturity–completely highlighting something totally irrelevant to the OP[/quote]

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

Tears?

Thats gay.[/quote]

“I cannot tell you how I trained or the weight I used, but I can tell you I worked so hard that I had tears streaming down my face. This was not crying, but they were tears of rage, fear and finally Ã???Ã??Ã?¢?? tears of happiness.”

Its just the internet.

[/quote]
Hey! Shut the fuck up man!!..jk…not mad…just surprised at the immaturity–completely highlighting something totally irrelevant to the OP[/quote]

I think the guy who said “tears? that’s gay” was just j/k, but hey, it’s the internet.

I can’t see any recent threads saying this. I just want to know if anyone is using HIIT to get lean is all but like i say, sub 8% levels.[/quote]

I think to get to less than 8% bf, it would take more than just cardio (any sorts) and eating somewhat clean to achieve it.

What’s the best way to get lean?

" 1/ HGH
2/ Clen
3/ T3 "

• Dave Tate

Anyone remember that quote?

LR

I’m glad you feel so strongly about this subject.

If you want to lose fat and never worry about it, take DNP.

That’s the lazy man’s way out, but…