Will My Old Routine Work Again?

I’m 21 years old, 5’8", and weigh about 215. I used to work out alot during my high school days, mainly for sports. I have always had an appetite, but never put on weight, mainly because I was so active. I was wondering if it would be possible to get to 175-185 by July? That was my weight range when I was 17-18 years old. I found my old routine I used to perform back when I was 17ish. Here it is…

Monday- Biceps and Back
Tuesday- Triceps and Chest
Wednesday- Shoulders and Legs
Thursday-Same as Monday
Friday- Same as Tuesday.
3 sets of 10

I also ran 2.5 miles 3 days a week.

So here I am now, terrified of entering my old friend the GYM, because I don’t want to be looked at as the fat guy! Not only do I want to lose weight I want to be STRONG again! I’m 215 but I have a fairly big frame, So I don’t look very obese. MY friends still say I’m “jacked” but if they saw me with my shirt off then they wouldn’t think so. I would like to back up my frame with the “proper” looks.

Now will my old workout work for me again? Or will it fail? If it won’t do me any good what should be fixed? Also how much cardio should I perform? Diet 411 would also be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you for your time in reading this!

Consider playing with reps and sets. Don’t make 3x10 the be-all end-all unless you have a good reason to.

Muscle memory will probably allow you to regain your old strength rather quickly.

I would start on a solid beginner program like Rippetoe’s Starting Strength for at least 8 weeks while you work on cleaning up your diet. Search around for diet articles as there are a bunch. Just focusing on eating clean real foods, vegetables and meat mainly, w/ carbs post workout.

Starting Strength:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/starting_strength_the_guide

After you get used to be backing in the gym and eating clean, find one of the many fat loss routines on this site.

Throw in some intervals, on the cardio machine of your choosing or run sprints, the c2 rower is probably the most under utilized tool in the gym imo for this purpose, on a couple of your off days to work on your conditioning/speed up the fat loss.

Thank you the advice! Or as Arnold would say " Thank you for all the ADVICES, I appreciate it!