T Nation

Will I Make Myself Lactose Intolerant?

I hate making meals and cooking so I have resorted to 2 liters of whole gurnsey non homenogised milk, four scoops of whey and a whole bag of kale a day. I take a fiber supplement to stop my asshole breaking and the kale seems to have all the vitamins I need.

It is helping with recovery and means I don’t have to cook. However I keep getting told by numerous people I will make myself lactose intolerant, yet I hear many lifters consume large amounts of dairy via GOMAD and SS and don’t develop lactose intolerance or auto immune issues…

Should I ignore the scaremongering?

Lactose intolerance is caused by a lack of an enzyme in the small intestine, not by bodily adjustments. You may get symptoms similar to lactose intolerance from over indulging (diarrhea or other various health issues) but you won’t develop lactose intolerance.

I make no claim as to other health issues caused by mass consumption of milk/dairy, I just know thanks to my kid that lactose intolerance doesn’t work that way.

You can develop it as a genetic issue, or from age as your body stops producing enough of the proper enzyme, that is all.

You need to be genetically predisposed to get it, but overconsumption can trigger it. I know a few people who had to deal with this.

You’ll be fine assuming you don’t have any problems already. I consume six cups of milk, and three ounces of cheese daily (only with whey protein post workout)

Cheers guys. I will keep on chugging I guess. The effects of the milk are great, I seem to be able t recover far quicker and nothing beats eating the cream build up at the top of the bottle in the morning. Seriously fuck cooking chicken ever again.

Could just take a lactase enzyme pill now and then

Yep. You’re fucked

I’ve always loved milk and drunk more than enough for one lifetime, never had any issues.

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:
Yep. You’re fucked[/quote]

Nice. Made me chuckle, while drinking my milk.

If you’re not already lactose intolerant then I don’t expect it to be an issue. People have, however, developed allergies mid-life or after consuming extremely large amounts of some food. It’s a very low chance so I’d say continue as you are, but just be aware of it.

[quote]sharkOnesie wrote:

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:
Yep. You’re fucked[/quote]

Nice. Made me chuckle, while drinking my milk.[/quote]

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:

[quote]sharkOnesie wrote:

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:
Yep. You’re fucked[/quote]

Nice. Made me chuckle, while drinking my milk.[/quote]

[/quote]

When I told you I benched 70KG you thought me weak, now you know I am pretty strong p4p


Cooking and eating are my favourite things.

For the love of God, why the hell would you want a diet of only milk, whey powder and kale?!? Don’t do this to yourself.

tweet

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:
You need to be genetically predisposed to get it, but overconsumption can trigger it. I know a few people who had to deal with this.[/quote]

happened to me, I had to stop GOMAD after 8 weeks or so and now even looking at a pint of milk makes me feel like I’ll shit my pants

I hope that pound for pound comment was a joke :slight_smile: (pretty sure it was). How much do you weigh/lift? And what is your height in CM/inches?

[quote]sharkOnesie wrote:
I hate making meals and cooking so I have resorted to 2 liters of whole gurnsey non homenogised milk[/quote]Have trouble finding cheese, yogurt and tuna cans ?

[quote]tolismann wrote:

[quote]sharkOnesie wrote:
I hate making meals and cooking so I have resorted to 2 liters of whole gurnsey non homenogised milk[/quote]Have trouble finding cheese, yogurt and tuna cans ?
[/quote]

More expensive than milk, mercury sucks and takes longer and is not as tasty as delicious real milk.