T Nation

Will I Lose Strength and Muscle Off TRT?

Hi guys,

I have been on trt for about 9 mnths. First i was on test e 250 mg ever 10-14 days, however that caused infertility. Dr put me then on troches 150mg a day. Four months later i was still infertile. Dr decides to stop trt.

Am i going to lose strength and muscle? I just started anabolic diet 2 weeks ago.

Btw im 32yrs old, 179cm, about 9%bf.

Help much apprecuated.

[quote]Podgorica10 wrote:
Hi guys,

I have been on trt for about 9 mnths. First i was on test e 250 mg ever 10-14 days, however that caused infertility. Dr put me then on troches 150mg a day. Four months later i was still infertile. Dr decides to stop trt.

Am i going to lose strength and muscle? I just started anabolic diet 2 weeks ago.

Help much apprecuated.[/quote]

Most cartainly, yes. you will also gain BF. For how long are you going to stop trt? Until you can have a baby? Were you using hcg? Have you tried proviron at high dosages? Stopping trt will leave you feeling pretty miserable. Why did you get on trt in the first place?

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]Podgorica10 wrote:
Hi guys,

Help much apprecuated.[/quote]

Ok, here is the story…

About nine mnths ago i got my test levels tested, and they were in the reference values, but still low. My dr was willing to put me on trt since i used to crash quite often (althougj low test leels might have not been the cause, since i continued crashing on trt).

Dr first put me on nebido, however this brought my test levels just slightly up. Then he decided to start giving me primoteston therapy, 250mg every 10 days. After 2 mnths of this therapy i became infertile (i was fertile before), and then he decided to put me on testosteron troches. I have been on the troches for about 4 mnths, and i didnt crash once, my strength also went up. I didnt notice any significant muscle gain on any of these therapies.

Aftet 4 mnths of test ttoches i was still infertile and a dr decided to completely stop the trt therapy. In two mnths im getting retested on fertility again.

I dont have any plans for children any time soon, but who knows, maybe once… So i guess its better for me to let my body start producing sperm again. Do you thino this will happen at all?

Regarding hcg, a dr told me that its not a magical thing, it might only speed the things up, so he let me decide whether to take it or not. Since the costs of seeing endo and all therapies added up, i decided not to take hcg.

Another question: as i said, lately ive been on test troches. These tablets produce spikes of test in our bodies, but just fot very short periods of time. Since these are only spikes, not continously high test levels (as caused by injectable test e), my personal oppinion is that after stopping to take troches, i wont feel any difference). Do you agree with me? Also im on anabolic diet, which dr mauro designed for wrestlers that were taking steroids (so thag after stopping roids wrestlers dont lose any muscle).

I appreciate your help very much!

Most cartainly, yes. you will also gain BF. For how long are you going to stop trt? Until you can have a baby? Were you using hcg? Have you tried proviron at high dosages? Stopping trt will leave you feeling pretty miserable. Why did you get on trt in the first place?[/quote]

Pod -

You need to have a better understanding of things. You will soon understand that your doctor does not know what he is doing. There is a lot of reading and study.

Read these stickies:

• advice for new guys - be open minded to other conditions, T can be a symptom of some other issues
    – need more info about you - weight in pounds, waist size in inches?
    – post your labs
  • finding a TRT doctor
  • might need to read thyroid basics

Standard [recommended] protocol:

• self injected T cypionate or ethanate, 100mg/week, injected twice a week or more often
  • 250iu hCG SC EOD to maintain testes and fertility
  • 1mg anastrozole per week in divided doses

You should take a SERM, clomid or nolvadex, nolvadex is my preference. This will get your testes and fertility recovered. You MUST taper off of this, never a dead stop!

Any effective TRT will shut down your testes. Your LH/FSH would have been near zero.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Pod -

You need to have a better understanding of things. You will soon understand that your doctor does not know what he is doing. There is a lot of reading and study.

Read these stickies:

• advice for new guys - be open minded to other conditions, T can be a symptom of some other issues
    – need more info about you - weight in pounds, waist size in inches?
    – post your labs
  • finding a TRT doctor
  • might need to read thyroid basics

Standard [recommended] protocol:

• self injected T cypionate or ethanate, 100mg/week, injected twice a week or more often
  • 250iu hCG SC EOD to maintain testes and fertility
  • 1mg anastrozole per week in divided doses

You should take a SERM, clomid or nolvadex, nolvadex is my preference. This will get your testes and fertility recovered. You MUST taper off of this, never a dead stop!

Any effective TRT will shut down your testes. Your LH/FSH would have been near zero.[/quote]

Cheers, will do that!

So it means that my lbw and strength will certainly go down? Can i do smth to prevent this?

This is my 3rd day off trt, and my bench press has gone up… Maybe trt was holding me back lol

Lower T levels are always a risk for a catabolic state.

I’m just curious how did everything end up stopping TRT?