T Nation

Will I Lose Fat In 3 Weeks?

I have a basketball tournament in 3 and a half weeks.

I want to lose as much fat without muscle before the tournament.

Currently I am 28, 178cm & 80kgs and fit into 32 inch pants comfortably
I’m guessing around 14% body fat.
This my offseason.

Generally active, although i have a desk job.
I can gain weight and lose weight pretty quickly.

Doing VJB intermediate 2 days a week this includes:
Squats
Romanian Deadlifts
Squat jumps
Depth jumps
Lunge jumps
Rim touches

and starting (this week) a modified Westside workout 2 days a week for upper body.

I play basketball on wednesdays for 1 hour and sometimes depending on fatigue on sundays for 1.5hrs.

I want to keep my muscle but lose a bit of fat before the tournament.

I will eat daily:
Meal 1 7.30am: 3-4 large eggs (1 yoke), green tea, multi vitamin, 2 vitamin C
meal 2 10.00am: no carb protein shake + muesli bar or fruit
meal 3 12.30pm: salad with corn or beans or bread + meat (chicken, beef or tuna)
meal 4 3.30pm: no carb protein shake + muesli bar or fruit
I am going to cut carbs after meal 4
Meal 5 5.30pm: before workout Max’s C3 shake
Meal 6 8.00pm: chicken/beef/lamb + salad

do you think I can trim but not loose muscle using whats listed above?
should I incorporate 20-30 mins low intensity cardio in there as well?

Yhea it could work. diet looks Good couldnt tell you if it less then you intake now etc. or even how much the macros add to etc etc. but looks like solids choice

training looks ok. really with what you gave yhea it could work or could not.

if really wanting to lose any low intensity cardio walks etc will help

Phill

with any plyometrics, remember to keep the foot contacts low and focus on quality, otherwise you will be holding back your recovery which can impede you proximal goal.

bump what Phill said with the walking. if you have time, consider going out three times per day and doing some stairs after (walking, two at a time focusing on form). these mini GPP workouts will help you keep your metabolism up as well as active recovery.

for your diet, i would consider getting in two feedings after the workout to maximize recovery. more than 1 egg yolk for breakfast and switching the muesli bars for fruit.

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
with any plyometrics, remember to keep the foot contacts low and focus on quality, otherwise you will be holding back your recovery which can impede you proximal goal.

bump what Phill said with the walking. if you have time, consider going out three times per day and doing some stairs after (walking, two at a time focusing on form). these mini GPP workouts will help you keep your metabolism up as well as active recovery.

for your diet, I would consider getting in two feedings after the workout to maximize recovery. more than 1 egg yolk for breakfast and switching the muesli bars for fruit.[/quote]

I just started plyo a couple of weeks ago and i am concentrating on minimal time on the ground as well as keeping balanced and on the balls of my feet.

When you say going out three times per day? do you mean out of the office or out walking. I am going to go for a walk in my lunch break for 20 mins starting today. I dont have access to any stairs but could do incline walking up a couple of hills?

I usually rotate between, muesli bar/fruit (apple, banana or madrine)/cheese biscuit pack. it just depends what’s in the house.
I am also taking EAS dynamax two tablets twice daily to help.

Also no meal cheat days!

Measured myself this morning 80.2kgs

Did speed workout upperbody today

I ate:
M1 - cottage cheese 3 x-large eggs 1 yoke 2x toast wholemeal
m2 - protein shake + muesli bar
m3 - corizo pork sausage ( in know not the best but was leftovers) + salad
m4 - protein shake
m5 - chicken kebab (chicken + salad,on pita)

i will get a fat test at gym on saturday to find percentage.

I know it is a little hard since you already started your diet, but 3 weeks is perfect for the V-Diet.

Sorry I forgot to add that if you want to loose a ton of fat fast, from my experience, dropping all carbs and going keto for 3 weeks will yield the most fat loss.

You can do 1 refeed 2 days before the tournament. That day don’t drink too much water. The day before go no carb again and drink 2x the water.

[quote]chanlo10 wrote:
I just started plyo a couple of weeks ago and i am concentrating on minimal time on the ground as well as keeping balanced and on the balls of my feet.

When you say going out three times per day? do you mean out of the office or out walking. I am going to go for a walk in my lunch break for 20 mins starting today. I dont have access to any stairs but could do incline walking up a couple of hills?

I usually rotate between, muesli bar/fruit (apple, banana or madrine)/cheese biscuit pack. it just depends what’s in the house.

Also no meal cheat days![/quote]

for the plyo, i was just referring to ‘reps’ if you will, no need to go over 20-40 for the whole session.

walking, hills are great too.

for these 3 weeks, lose the cheese biscuits for sure, try to restrict the muesli.

as mentioned, the v-diet is not a bad idea, but it may be too close for a switch.

you would do better to move the carb meals to after the workout and first thing in the morning.

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
chanlo10 wrote:

Also no meal cheat days!

for the plyo, i was just referring to ‘reps’ if you will, no need to go over 20-40 for the whole session.

walking, hills are great too.

for these 3 weeks, lose the cheese biscuits for sure, try to restrict the muesli.

as mentioned, the v-diet is not a bad idea, but it may be too close for a switch.[/quote]

The VJB program is progressive in load through 3 weeks then deload 4th. Re-evaluate and progress to phase II. The depth jumps are reps of 5 with this week 5 sets, lunges 4x10 and rim jumps 5x10.

I’m cutting carbs out today.
M1: 3 x-large eggs + cottage cheese (low fat)
M2: protein shake
M3: 180g Tuna + salad (spinach, small carrot, small amount corn, tomato)
M4: protein shake
M5: chicken + salad (spinach, cheese, tomato, beetroot, peas)
M6: protein shake if still hungry

also no dressing on any of my meals. the only concern i have might be getting enough fat.

I would like to thank you for your advice and it keeps me motivated as well. I have three weeks tommorrow.

Next weekend will be hard because i have a big family get together…whichs lots of bad foods!!! and 10 hours travelling there and back.

[quote]sawadeekrob wrote:
I know it is a little hard since you already started your diet, but 3 weeks is perfect for the V-Diet.[/quote]

I just read about the Velocity Diet and I honoustly dont think I could do it for longer than 3 days let alone 3 weeks. I think its not for everyone including me.