Will Elevated Hemoglobin Lower on Its Own After Lowering T Dosage?

OK guys I have been on testosterone replacement therapy for about 17 weeks now. My hemoglobin was at 18.4 about a month ago, and after lowering my dosage to 120mg a week in divided dosages @ 60mg 2x a week my hemoglobin went up to 20.7 3 weeks later… I realized I was making a mistake by putting an air pocket behind my test and that was giving me much more then 60mg per shot in my 1.5in. 25g 3ml syringe and needle… Last week I started using insulin syringes, and doing subcutaneous injections accurately @ 60mg 2x a week… My goal is to get my total T levels around 800 to see how I feel there as well lower my hemoglobin. So my question is… Will my hemoglobin lower without giving blood on it’s own now that I have a stable and accurate lower dosage? If so. What is the time frame? Thanks…

Clarification, I’m assuming you were injecting once weekly and decided to inject twice weekly, by injecting twice weekly trough levels are higher v.s once weekly and is why hemoglobin is higher.

When you change your dosage or anything about your protocol, it take 6 weeks for the half lives to build up in your system, so doing labs at 3 weeks is pointless because your levels will be higher in 3 more weeks.

Testosterone Cyp (Half life 8 days) -Steady state in 40 days.

Hey man thanks for responding. We are chating about this over on another thread but I wanted to make an official post to see if I could find a few different perspectives as I need to get labs tomorrow. My Dr. is having me do labs again this soon because my Total T was off the charts at 1500+ This is after dropping my dosage to 60mg 2x a week. I made the mistake of starting off from the get go putting an air pocket behind the test to minimize waste, and get the most out of my bottle. From my research the waste in the reservoir tip and needle when I was using the air pocket technique was more likely giving me close to 80mg or 90mg per shot. So long story short. My Dr. threatened that he would take me off trt because I was endangering myself, and putting myself at risk for a heart attack and a stroke. My first labs were high and he told me to lower my dosage. The second even after lowering my dosage were even higher… Live and learn. Really appreciate the advice

I must stress your doctor is mistaken, TRT doesn’t cause heart attacks and strokes in otherwise healthy young men. There data is conflicting and when you weed through the gunk studies including men 65+ year old were put on TRT with undiagnosed heart problems, there has never been a single case where TRT “caused a heart attack” or stroke in someone without heart problems.

Your doctor sounds nervous and obviously not very informed. If you draw 60mg cypionate and introduce an air bubble, the cypionate contained in the dead space may provide a few milligrams and nothing more.

You’re wanting a consensus and I fully understand.

@systemlord
In another thread he posted he was using an 18g needle (basically a 5 gallon bucket) and using removable tip syringes so he may have been doing more than he thought. Must have hurt like a bitch

I still have my 18 gauge mini harpoons in the closet, using them was painful.

Correction… I drew the test from the vial with an 18g 1. 5in needle onto my 3ml syringe. Then I switched the needle after drawing the test to a 25gx 1.5 for injection. The Dr originally prescribed a 21g to inject with. I did about 2 shots with that and said I’m done. Lol… :joy: :v:

You actually used those? How many times? Primobolin used to come in 18g 2in preloaded syringes. One look at those and I said no way, pulled the plunger and used a 22g 1.5in to withdraw it. I know a guy who used them as supplied and he bled down to his ankle afterwards.

Primo%2018g

This is why I consider 23g 1in to be small.

1 Like

I don’t know about hemoglobin but apparently daily grapefruit juice will lower hematocrit (via double blind studies) and keep it in normal range. Yet who can find a way to drink grapefruit juice every day? It’s not realistic.

So I looked into grapefruit extract capsules but can only find grapefruit seed extract. Does anyone know seed extract has the necessary components?

I could drink fresh squeezed grapefruit juice everyday for the rest of my life. It’s so good. The grocery stores in NYC carry it and it’s not as expensive as I would have thought for a gallon. Not sure about New Orleans though. The grocery stores are a tad bit different here I’ve found.

I used those for about a couple of weeks dosing twice weekly, I couldn’t imagine using those nails daily. I vividly remember how the skin would curve inward before the 18 gauge needle pierced the skin.

It gave me chills down my spin looking at your picture.

Grapefruit juice won’t do it. It’s the skin of the grapefruit that contains naringrin, which is what lowers HCT. It can be purchased as a bulk powder on Amazon. I cap my own and it’s very cheap.

@iron_yuppie
Do you use it specifically for reducing HCT or something else? How effective is it? I don’t have HCT issues but just curious.

Very interesting @iron_yuppie, thank you.

I had read that the active ingredient was in the pulp. Naturally I assumed they meant the pulp of the fruit, not the skin. I’m gonna grab me some powder and see how it works. How do you dose it (assuming there’s a standardized strength)?

Has it worked for you as far as you can tell?

Almost every day I make a smoothie in my vitamix blender with a whole grapefruit with most of the skin on, some mixed berries, spinach and protein powder. Its so delicious and refreshing.

Hb and HCT go hand in hand.

Your erythrocytes live for about 3 to 4 months, ie even if you lower your T dose it wont go down on its own for months.

Do you have evidence of this? Not saying you’re wrong but would like to see evidence. I don’t have HCT issues so I’ve never worried about it but curious as I’ve never seen this stated as fact.

The evidence is the half life of the red blood cells of 3 to 4 months. Once they are formed they stay in your system according to their lifespan independent of any stimulating factors on erythropoesis such as T. T only modulates the formation of red blood cells but not their clearance.