Will Eating More Get Me Stronger?

Yeah I could definately do joker sets, 05x1 assistaince [quote=“cruusial, post:2, topic:239674”]
What are your stats?
[/quote]

5ft 8" Tall
76kg
Guessing 15-17% bodyfat, Last caliper test was 15%

Bench 1RM = 95kg
Squat 1RM = 160kg
Deadlift 1RM = 150kg
OHP 1RM = 60kg

@joerywesselingg

Tfw ur deadlift lower than squat

Pfft, 10kg is nothing. My diffrence is more like 20kg+
EDIT:
Based on rep tests

Clearly you’re not asking the right questions

1 Like

So THATS why my anxiety has gotten worse!

I thought that was a weird prescription.

2 Likes

It seems like you’ve made pretty good progress this year. Don’t start overthinking and screw it up now. Eat enough to grow (reasonably) and sleep as much as you can. If you’re training hard, at this level the rest will take care of itself.

2 Likes

Absolutely!

Eating more, no matter what you eat, will increase your muscle mass and body weight.

An increase in muscle mass traditionally leads to an increase in strength.

Interesting research demonstrated that increasing your calorie intake WITHOUT exercise increased muscle mass in what might termed as the…
Couch Potatoes Study

Research years ago, over fed Couch Potatoes. They put them in front of the TV and then over fed them. The Couch Potatoes did no exercise.

At the end of the research, they found that the Couch Potatoes gained muscle. They also adding body fat.

However, here’s…

The Downside

The Couch Potatoes’ weight gain constituted a…

1. 20% increase in muscle mass

2. 80% gain in body fat

Crunching The Numbers

That means that a Couch Potato who gained 10 lbs ended up with a 2 lb gain in muscle mass and an 8 pound gain in fat mass.

cruusial and khangles

As they have stated, going from 4,000 to 6,000 ensures you are going to add a lot of body fat; the Couch Potato research demonstrates that, as well.

Maximizing Muscle and Minimizing Fat Gain

Researchers Dr John Ivy and Dr Layne Norton have independently demonstrated the the most effective method for Maximizing Muscle and Minimizing Fat Gain is to increase you Daily Caloric Intake by 20%.

Thus, IF (which I question) you were consuming 4,000 kcals per day and not gaining weight/fat, that would mean increasing your intake to 4,800 kcals.

4,000 seem ludicrous to me. 4,800 insane.

I question what you are doing and if you are correctly measuring and calculating things correctly.

Kenny Croxdale

1 Like

The way I’m thinking is… Yes you will get fat but also strong, the stronger you are the more overload you can get on a muscle making it bigger is my thinking behind all this

Your body can only adapt at a certain rate. Eating enough to achieve this rate will help with the strength gains, eating more than what is required to achieve this rate of adaptation will not increase your rate of adaptation.

Great Point

As the saying goes, “The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin’.”

Based on your logical information, take you Daily Caloric Intake up to over 10,000.

Kenny Croxdale

4 Likes

I would think it’d be fairly obvious to everyone that there’s a point of diminishing returns.

Yes and no. Using heavier weight is just one way to overload a muscle for hypertrophy. It’s not the only way, and it’s arguably not really the best way. If it was, competitive bodybuilders would primarily train like powerlifters and strongmen.

But you’re muddying the water. Is your goal to be stronger, period? Or is your goal to be stronger in order to build size?

Yes, I want to look like I lift but also be strong… Basically similar to Larry Wheels’s type of training now of course I’m not going to be anywhere near him but I like to tell myself that lol, I mean his approach to his physique and strength.

heavy lifting will get you stronger

I think for the natural guy chasing performance (how much you lift) is not a bad way to go.

Look at the natural powerlifters at a meet, and they are often pretty big. Understand that they have more body fat, but compared to natural bodybuilding I think they often have more mass total. It’s not uncommon for guys to be at 220 lbs at 20% body fat at a powerlifting meet. IMO that is more impressive than 165 @ 7% or whatever.

1 Like