T Nation

Will Brady Ever Be the Same?

Look at Carson palmer? Do you think tom Brady will ever be his former self?

You are not going to get many positive statements about Brady around here. A good percentage of the posters hate anything to do with Boston sport teams. There was even a thread a few years back about Brady being a homo.

That’s a good question. One thing to consider is that the Patriots are a much more solid team than the Bengals were when Palmer went out. I think it will be easier for Brady to come back.

Also, I don’t think Brady is well known for his abilities as a scrambling QB. He didn’t have that much mobility to begin with, so that area won’t take too big a hit. He seems to have a lot of mental skills, and I think that will make his return easier.

I hate Brady, but comparing him to Carson Palmer isn’t really a fair comparison. I think he’ll be fine as long as the team is still good overall.

Was palmer out a whole year?

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Was palmer out a whole year?[/quote]

He got hurt in the playoffs and came back at the beginning of the next season, so he didn’t really miss any time.

Who even knows how bad he is really hurt?
The Pats are so secretive about everything. For all we know they could be replacing his knee, his shoulder, and a few internal organs and we wouldn’t have a clue.

What the fuck? I’m no Patriots or Michigan fan, but what would anyone have against Brady? It’s not like he’s a loudmouth, show-boating egotistical maniac. People hate him because he’s good at his job? For a site that preaches overcoming mediocrity, there’s a lot of dumbasses around here. I don’t see many people hating on Peyton Manning, LT, or a receiver like Chris Carter.

[quote]SSC wrote:
I don’t see many people hating on Peyton Manning, LT, or a receiver like Chris Carter.[/quote]

Which LT? Because I’m starting to become a little more critical of Tomlinson every time I watch him.

This isn’t an appropriate comparison.

Palmer got hurt in the 06 playoffs, and came back and had a comparable 07 season (actually threw for more yards, but also had 7 more interceptions).

His current-year suckage is unrelated to his knee injury, I think. He just has a shitty team around him, and I think is getting increasingly frustrated.

Brady won’t have a shitty team around him when he comes back. I predict he will be just fine.

If you actually watch Palmer play he’s still one the best QBs in the league, a bad team can take anyone down a few pegs though. The fact that he got injured on a team that was thought to have a great shot at the super bowl that year, and then came back to an awful team that hasn’t made the playoffs since has a lot to do with it.

Brady is one of the most competitive guys in the league. He’ll rehab like a fucking mad man and be back in top form for the start of the 09 season. Count on it. The fact that the Pats are a damn good football team will help a lot too.

For the record, I hate Brady because 1) He’s a QB and I hate all QBs except Ben on principle. 2) He’s been a notorious Steeler killer. 3) He’s quite the metro.

I do respect him as an athlete though.

[quote]SSC wrote:
What the fuck? I’m no Patriots or Michigan fan, but what would anyone have against Brady? It’s not like he’s a loudmouth, show-boating egotistical maniac. People hate him because he’s good at his job? For a site that preaches overcoming mediocrity, there’s a lot of dumbasses around here. I don’t see many people hating on Peyton Manning, LT, or a receiver like Chris Carter.[/quote]

Brady is hateable because:

1. He’s a GQ cover boy that bangs underwear models and wins Super Bowls. (jealousy)
  2. Bill Bellicheck is the voice of the organization, and his incredibly smug and grating personality gets projected onto Brady and the rest of the team.
  3. Everybody hates Boston sports fans, so Brady is the enemy by association.

I dont like the BOSTON sports teams , but I do appreciate the talent brady has, and I think this whole season would of looked different for most teams.

PS> Piss on the celtics, and there all star team!

RED SOX ARE GOING FOR TWO WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

lol

[quote]nramaker wrote:

1. Everybody hates Boston sports fans, so Brady is the enemy by association.

[/quote]

Lol… everyone hates Boston sports fans because they are jealous that they have every right to be arrogant about their region dominating this decade in sports.

In the '90s they were the lovable losers.

In the '00s they are the envy of sports fans.

When Cleveland starts winning baseball, football, and basketball titles they will be the most hated sports fans too.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
RED SOX ARE GOING FOR TWO WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

lol[/quote]

I’m actually going to be in Texas during this upcoming series… I doubt the atmosphere is going to be the same.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
nramaker wrote:

1. Everybody hates Boston sports fans, so Brady is the enemy by association.

Lol… everyone hates Boston sports fans because they are jealous that they have every right to be arrogant about their region dominating this decade in sports.

[/quote]

Most arrogant people are that way because they are slightly better than average at at least one thing. So does that make arrogance a loveable quality now?

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
For the record, I hate Brady because 1) He’s a QB and I hate all QBs except Ben on principle. 2) He’s been a notorious Steeler killer. 3) He’s quite the metro.

I do respect him as an athlete though.[/quote]

Are you talking about Ben, the guy who poses as a country singer? If not, pardon my nOOb football skills.

As for my two cents, I don’t think we will hear any talk about Brady for the rest of the season. He will come back next year and throw everyone for a loop because the team is crafty like that.