Will Anyone Squat and DL 1000 Raw?

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]americaninsweden wrote:

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
I’m skeptical this will happen since the OP was talking about raw and not geared lifting.

Where should the “progress” come from? Better drugs than the current everything-goes-steroid use? Hard to believe. Better suits? Nope, since it’s raw. Better training methods? Nope.

I think all we can hope for is that some exceptional talent on the level of Ed Coan comes along. There are some promising candidates if they keep pushing and don’t get injured. Eric Lilliebridge comes to mind. [/quote]
Soooo, we have reached the end of technology in drug production and cant possibly find different or better training methods???[/quote]
James Henderson benched 711lbs 16 years ago. If he’d had some better competition maybe he’d have done more. The record today is only barely higher.

Ed Coan’s best single ply lifts are a 1019 squat and 901 dead. Keep in mind single ply back then was nothing compared to even single ply these days. These were done nearly 30 years ago.

Back in the 80’s Kaz used to do 900lb squats in training for triples. His best competition bench was 661lbs raw which only the smallest handful of people today could match.

John Kuc squatted 905 raw in competition fucking 41 years ago.

We really haven’t come that far in terms of strength since the 70’s and 80’s. You could say that strongman has come a long ways, but as far as the three powerlifts, I mean in 30+ years people have had to fight tooth and nail for every extra pound on a world record. So I’m not sure how much better you think drugs or training is going to get. The human body can only do so much, and if the last 30 or 40 years are any indicator, we’ve been at the threshold of the limits of human strength for quite some time now.[/quote]
It will take a mutant of mutants that has been continuously dealt a good hand in net progression

[quote]HERC410 wrote:
well lets see.
garry frank has done 1000+ and low 9’s in the same meet
eric lilliebridge is closing on 900squat and has pulled 850.
Malanichev did something like 993 and 881 I think. has deadlifted 410kg, keeps missing 417.5-420

the other question is how long till dave hoff does 1000+ squat and bench in the same meet?
[/quote]

pretty much the next meet hoff does he should break 3k

[quote]HERC410 wrote:
well lets see.
garry frank has done 1000+ and low 9’s in the same meet
eric lilliebridge is closing on 900squat and has pulled 850.
Malanichev did something like 993 and 881 I think. has deadlifted 410kg, keeps missing 417.5-420

the other question is how long till dave hoff does 1000+ squat and bench in the same meet?
[/quote]

I’d rather see him pull 1000

Progression in raw lifting records happens very slowly. That’s why all the gear came about in the first place. People looking for different ways to lift more weight. The drugs were always there, so even that could only take people so far.