T Nation

Will Africa be the New Asia?

There is a lot to digest in that article but the tremendous population growth in the African continent is what is most concerning I think. History and the current situation in many African countries does not exactly give one a lot of confidence that Africa will be “pulling an Asia” so to speak.

In 1983 the then Rhodesia could basically feed all of Africa… today Zimbabwe can’t even produce enough to feed itself… With the exponential population growth - where is the food going to come from?

[quote]winkel wrote:

There is a lot to digest in that article but the tremendous population growth in the African continent is what is most concerning I think. History and the current situation in many African countries does not exactly give one a lot of confidence that Africa will be “pulling an Asia” so to speak.

In 1983 the then Rhodesia could basically feed all of Africa… today Zimbabwe can’t even produce enough to feed itself… With the exponential population growth - where is the food going to come from?[/quote]

Africa = Road Kill

Asia = Filet Mignon (in comparison)

“Where is the food going to come from?”

-They don’t need food, they need wide scale neutering.

Without a gigantic raise in education throughout the entire population of the African continent the future does not look too bright.
The amount of criminality in these regions is gigantic. I can’t even imagine what will happen once their population doubles.

It’s going to be hell on earth.

[quote]Quiet Warrior wrote:

It’s currently hell on earth.[/quote]
darfur, sudan, EGYPT, somalia, congo…all places that would tie for last on my tourism bucket list.

Short answer- No.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
Short answer- No.[/quote]

I’m curious actually - I have been to both South Africa (civilized & stunning) and Nigeria (quite possibly the worst place I have ever seen) - do you as a South African think there is hope for any of the shit-hole countries on the continent?

EDIT: hope its clear that I don’t mean SAF is a shit-hole country…