Will 5-HTP Really Save You from Anxiety and Depression?

I have 4 different antidepressents on my list and neurogenic bladder (from early childhood), they were subscribed to me in another trial to take off awful symptoms of this awful disease. I’m exhausted, but also afraid to take so much AD… I assume it will make me just slower and much more calm, but will not take off frequent urgency to go to WC…
I read a lot about 5-htp and most writers assume it could work as natural AD, which hasn’t so hard affection on your health and CNS. Also it works lighter then AD.
Opinions? Worth a try?

It certainly didn’t for me.

I presume not together??

If this is brought on by anxiety/depression, then yes the meds should help.
Follow your Docters advice and listen to a medical professional first before anyone on these boards -if one AD doesnt agree with your body there are now many options to run through

er that would be from your starvation diet and overtraining. Have you followed the advice in the other thread to start eating good fats?

Also do not take 5htp while on meds -can lead to serotonin syndrome

1 Like

Are you taking anything now? Don’t stop if you are, without talking to your doctor about tapering off.

i’m familiar with that, this is why i’m asking upfront.

they assume i have my syptoms because of depression, because they couldn’t answer properly for more then 15 years. Do you think i was depressed at 4 y.o.?:slight_smile:

It’s another trial because dealing with it is very hard. You are isolated from society…

I’m not on starvation. I always have fats in my diet. I don’t even eat chicken breasts for a long time. How could you tell me i don’t have enough fat if all the meat I eat is definitely not super lean? :sadpanda: :
and every day i have two egg yolks.
and tons of olive oil. also about dairy nobody has ever replied properly. Is it really should be in your diet or it contains some key nutrient you can get from other products?

yes, you heard me correct, 4 different AD: paroxetin, hydazepame, trazodone and mirtazapine…

Fun fact- if you eat 10 g of fat a day as your diet, your diet has fat. It also has 90 calories, so…

starvation diet refers to calories
Fat refers to fat
2 different things

there is rarely something special about any food that can’t be found in any other food

My point was have you implemented the advice given to you by very experienced guys like KSman in that thread, and if so what?

Wowzer! I’ve never heard of stacking 4 AD on top of each other like this. I would get a second opinion or something like an online consultation with a US Docter. Books by David Burns MD a worthwhile read also.

Anyway these are prescribed for major depressive orders, no one here on these boards is really qualified to help you. I would only take advice from an MD in your situation and an experienced one at that. Wish you all the best, i’m out.

2 Likes

Holy crap! Are you compliant? Do you throw up your meds and why so many? I would think they’d put you on an anti-psychotic for your anorexia and delusions. bUT I’m not a dr. Yeah, I’d say change drs if you are compliant.

I haven’t started use it yet this is why i’m asking- because it seems to me this is too much ad for one tiny person :slight_smile:

I’m not a dr

Give it a go though! It may work for you.

I honestly think you should be inpatient because of your posts. You really need help

I do not suffer from depression.

I suffer from Depression, anxiety, and a plethora of other symptoms.

5htp worked for me but it did not save me from anything. I started taking 200mg of 5htp everyday in the morning and it helped put a little more pep in my step. It was easier to leave the house, I felt more calm and relaxed and that meant I could stay in reality longer with out residing into my head which is my common copping mechanism.

It was still tough and I was no where where I wanted to be. It was still difficult to do things like start and finish task and leave my house but it was a little bit easier. After taking it for like a month I stopped noticing positive affects. I assumed it helped my brain reach more normal levels of serotonin and reached the ceiling.

1 Like

Are you seeing a psychiatrist

I used to but I never really felt like I was getting actual help. I don’t actually know how to talk about myself in a way a professional would be able to help me either. I’ve tried a few anti-psychotics and anti-depressants but they just make everything worse. What I really wanted was a benzo I could take 2-3 times a week just so I can have a break every now and then and perform better at work but I was open about my past opiate addiction so I got blacklisted for those kind of meds.

I’m doing better though. I’m training again, taking supplements, and eating right. Any day now I hope I get better I half cleaned my room even, still currently looks like a health hazard though. I want to read some self-help books. I find when I’m actively reading and trying I tend to get obsessed in healthy behaviors I was not always like this you know ; I’m a product of my own failure. Hopefully things get better soon if I just keep trying.

1 Like

If your mental health is an issue you might reconsider meds. I used to take a benzo to sleep but didn’t work worth a crap. Keep active and healthy! It helps :hugs: