Wild Raspberry Surge!

I just had some of this for the first time today and I have to say it’s mighty tasty. I still love the original Surge flavor, but this is a nice change of pace.

I haven’t seen that much talk about the Wild Raspberry flavor. Anyone else try it?

[quote]Rise Anew wrote:
I just had some of this for the first time today and I have to say it’s mighty tasty. I still love the original Surge flavor, but this is a nice change of pace.

I haven’t seen that much talk about the Wild Raspberry flavor. Anyone else try it?[/quote]

I have tried it and thought it was solid, but I’m more of an original flavor loyalist. I am not a huge fan of fruit flavors in my protein-based drinks, but that is obviously a matter of individual preference.

I much prefer the original flavor. This one is too sweet for my tastes.

They’re both good. I keep a fresh jug of each handy. Never know what I’m in the mood for.

When I first tried it I almost poured it out, I couldnt stand it. But Hell, I thought, I spent 30 bucks on it and I cant afford to chuck it out.

By the end of the tub I was acually starting to enjoy it. I’ll stick with my original though.

The original is ok, but the wild raspberry is pure gold IMO. I’ll only be buying the original flavor if the raz is sold out.

The raspberry stuff is money. I got real tired of the old flavor and was getting down on Surge, but the new flavor has rekindled my love affair with that sweet, sweet elixir.

Rasberry isn’t bad, little too fruity sweetness. Nothin beats the angel food flavored original imo

Has anyone tried mixing the two? Kind of like a fruit cake maybe?

Wait… no one likes fruit cake.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Has anyone tried mixing the two? Kind of like a fruit cake maybe?

Wait… no one likes fruit cake.[/quote]

When I first tried it, I didn’t like it, but it quickly grew on me. I think the original poor impression was partially due to me being on the V-diet and at that point, all the shakes tasted too sweet.

I like the texture/consistency of it… its more like gatorade or something rather than the typical “thicker” protein drink.

[quote]Dezz wrote:
Nothin beats the angel food flavored original imo[/quote]

Everyone who says this must have had the worst angel food cake in history as a child.

I can’t stand the original flavor, but love the wild raspberry.

I’m wwith you guys on that. I love the raz Surge, and will only be using this now. I like the original okay, but again, it is like an angel food cake (maybe I did have the bad stuff, hehehe) and that was too heavy tasting during a workout to me. I much prefer the fruit flavored drink during training.

Kubo

Agreed.

[quote]randman wrote:
I much prefer the original flavor. This one is too sweet for my tastes.[/quote]

[quote]MikeKubo wrote:
I’m wwith you guys on that. I love the raz Surge, and will only be using this now. I like the original okay, but again, it is like an angel food cake (maybe I did have the bad stuff, hehehe) and that was too heavy tasting during a workout to me. I much prefer the fruit flavored drink during training.

Kubo[/quote]

I’m with Kubo and Bauer97 – love the Raz, but the original is a little too heavy and cloying for my taste. And, Neph, I’ve mixed them to make use of the original I have and find that to be fine.

(And there’s only one fruitcake that people just keep passing around, isn’t there?)

I would LOVE if Biotest would come out with SINGLE serving packages of their supplement powders so that we may try them without having to invest in a whole tub of the stuff. I’d like to try Wild Rasberry Surge, but I had to choke down a WHOLE container of the original. I know I should just drink it because it’s good for me, but I can eat/drink almost anything and it was still tough trying to “acquire” a taste for the stuff.

[quote]TheSicilian wrote:
I would LOVE if Biotest would come out with SINGLE serving packages of their supplement powders so that we may try them without having to invest in a whole tub of the stuff.[/quote]

It’s unlikely, but I agree. There are several protein flavors I haven’t tried due to the fact I’m not sure if I’d like them, and it’s not worth buying a whole container’s worth just for one or two sips.

I like it a lot.

Mix it with Power Drive and it’s even better. You get a delicious orange/raspberry twist.

-dizzle

It’s too sweet for me and has a cotton candy smell with a cough medicine sweet taste.

I prefer chocolate and original (and I really prefer the original original…not the newer original)!

I prefer the angel food cake tastiness of the original.