WikiLeaks and the Vatican

[quote]kamui wrote:

wikileaks hadn’t a hand in revealing the IOR scandal.
and the article’s author doesn’t seems to be guilty of bad journalism.

actually, you may be guilty of superficial reading.

the article states that wikileaks revealed secret diplomatic cables about many things : children abuse in Ireland, vatican’s relationship with Hugo Chavez, Vatican’s position about climate change or about the Da Vinci Code, etc.
but nothing about the IOR and money laundering.

that’s two separate issues.
with two different sources.
[/quote]

This.

[quote]orion wrote:
Why does Assange hate the Vatican?

Does he release dirt on other churches too?

Who finances him, does his laundry, services his car, in other words, what flimsy excuse can we find to ignore the information in his releases?

[/quote]

I don’t think anyone is ignoring what is released but I think what is released is tamer than what most people expected. It is actually kind of reassuring.

[quote]Big Banana wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Why does Assange hate the Vatican?

Does he release dirt on other churches too?

Who finances him, does his laundry, services his car, in other words, what flimsy excuse can we find to ignore the information in his releases?

[/quote]

I don’t think anyone is ignoring what is released but I think what is released is tamer than what most people expected. It is actually kind of reassuring.[/quote]

I think that he whole bruhaha about Assange is because he is guilty of one crime and one crime only, insufficient deferrence to the state, e.g. he does not bow down deep enough.

It is not about what he released but that someone released it.