T Nation

Wii Fit

Here’s a link to Nintendo’s announcement (and video on how it will work) of the new Wii Fit device.

http://www.1pstart.com/nintendo-announces-wii-fit-step-pad-to-get-healthy/

Looks somewhat interesting? Maybe? Might be somewhat useless for people who actually work-out…

Isn’t the Wii for playing games?

I’ve got no problems with this. Kids these days are way too sedentary. At least this way, they’re being somewhat active while playing a video game. I’d still prefer to see them outdoors, but hey, this is a start.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
I’ve got no problems with this. Kids these days are way too sedentary. At least this way, they’re being somewhat active while playing a video game. I’d still prefer to see them outdoors, but hey, this is a start.[/quote]

True enough, I’d agree with the sedentary part…however, I’d be quite curious to see how many kids are going to be doing push-ups like in the video…I could see their parents (possibly) doing them…if anything, they need to make a snowboard/skateboard game that utilizes this Fit Board thing! Then I could see kids using it.

I hope everyone at least sprays it down with lysol when they use it, or at least wear socks. There is nothing more disgusting than nasty feet all over something.

And then after you are done standing on it in your filthy, germ infested feet, you can get down on it and do push ups, and get your face down in some gross filthy feet residue. It’s gross. You can get athletes foot on your face that way. Then you would have huge chunks of smelly white skin falling off your face.

God that’s sick. Feet are disgusting, I can almost smell it, it makes me want to gag. I most certainly will NOT be using this thing if other people are putting their disgusting, nasty, dirty, smelly, germy, crusty, feet on it.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
I hope everyone at least sprays it down with lysol when they use it, or at least wear socks. There is nothing more disgusting than nasty feet all over something.

And then after you are done standing on it in your filthy, germ infested feet, you can get down on it and do push ups, and get your face down in some gross filthy feet residue. It’s gross. You can get athletes foot on your face that way. Then you would have huge chunks of smelly white skin falling off your face.

God that’s sick. Feet are disgusting, I can almost smell it, it makes me want to gag. I most certainly will NOT be using this thing if other people are putting their disgusting, nasty, dirty, smelly, germy, crusty, feet on it.[/quote]

Foolish Skeletor! Nintendo trying to attract fat kids’ feet is nothing new. Are you old enough to remember the Power Pad?! [I know there is a Power Glove too but you try finding a decent picture of a person exercising on it in Google…]

Looks pretty cool, and the yoga program could be useful for lifters. Like someone mentioned, this could be great for other games like Time Crisis. I’ve had some pretty good workouts with Wii-Boxing and I can’t wait till they come out with a more realistic title.

My only question - why does it have to be a black man dancing in the video?

holy crap I just had a thought - a Wii that is setup … you attach the Wii to your barbell … the damned thing measures your acceleration and beeps to tell you that you are moving too slow.

GET ON IT !!!

Great for DE day!

this thing could record all your workouts and measure how sloppy your technique goes

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
holy crap I just had a thought - a Wii that is setup … you attach the Wii to your barbell … the damned thing measures your acceleration and beeps to tell you that you are moving too slow.

GET ON IT !!!

Great for DE day!

this thing could record all your workouts and measure how sloppy your technique goes

[/quote]

Wow cool - the Wiimote bluetooth has already been hacked to run on computers. I bet there is a T-nationer on here that could whip up a program pretty quickly. I think you just need a bluetooth adapter and some zip ties (in addition to the Wii) Lowfat Matt?

[quote]Magarhe wrote:

GET ON IT !!!

Great for DE day!

[/quote]

Holy shit dude! You’re on to something!

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
My only question - why does it have to be a black man dancing in the video?[/quote]

They know the black guy has the riddim/

:slight_smile:

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Magarhe wrote:

GET ON IT !!!

Great for DE day!

Holy shit dude! You’re on to something!
[/quote]

Man, this would also be great to measure bat speed. I’ve been wondering what bat weight I should be using in softball…

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:

My only question - why does it have to be a black man dancing in the video?[/quote]

Dude! LOL…that’s exactly what I said to my buddy when I first saw the video…Of course he replied that it looked more like a white guy in a black-guy suit…

whatever gets those pudding tubs off the couch, i got no problem with.