WII Fit Replacing Weights

I was having a really good day until I read “which workout game do you use”. I am not sure how; as a society, it can get any worse then that. Maybe “which job game did you buy?” “I like accountant 2010, it’s easier then welder pro”

Spock has got this one covered.

[quote]blairrawlings wrote:
I was having a really good day until I read “which workout game do you use”. I am not sure how; as a society, it can get any worse then that. Maybe “which job game did you buy?” “I like accountant 2010, it’s easier then welder pro”[/quote]

lol… fuckin ha ha

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
shit, playing an hr on DDR will help loose more weight than an hr on the balance board.[/quote]

Fuck yeah. The bad thing is that there’s such a big learning curve to really get the hang of it so you can hold your own on the tough songs. I’d imagine it’d take most people at least a month or two to get to a semi-advanced stage.

Err… Anyway… Not a dork or anything.

I think the concept of the Wii fit is a good thing. The fact of the matter is, most people are not like “us” and never will be. Doing the Wii is a hell of a lot better than sitting on their fat ass watching tv or playing wow or some other bullshit. I say something is better than nothing, and maybe it can turn them on to actual training.

In all likelihood, most of them will tire of the wii also and go back to doing nothing.

I love these people who love to tlak about ‘working out the core’ but probably haven’t a clue what it is.

Yeah, I’ve got some friends who are into this. Their expert plan: Get drunk and play on the wii fit to “burn it off”

(Actually tried it with them once…it is actually pretty fun drunk. But I, like, did, like, squats and stuff before that, like.)

holymac,

its like you started a trend. i log in to FB to play some bejeweled, and i see this on my wall…

pulled your back with wiifit? its utterly terrifying!!!
and they say weight training is bad for your back…

It really isn’t a bad idea. Most of it is decently fun and it has made me sore if I play for any real length of time, including hip flexors, core, calves. (I’ve never done any of the yoga, cardio or “strength” stuff, just the balance games).

It is much better than sitting on a couch or playing a video game. It is a very good replacement for couch potatoe time in someone’s day. It is a problem when people use it to replace the active part of a healthy lifestyle.

If you don’t confuse what it’s good for and what you can accomplish with it, I see it as a perfectly legitimate tool for a healthy lifestyle.

My arms are currently sore from playing wii punch out my the way.

cant walk - broke my back playing WiiFit

lol?

i think WiiFit is probably the cardiovascular equivelant to playing fetch with a dog.

i mean yeah, i guess WiiFit is better than an absolutely sedentary lifestyle

but then again cigarettes are healthier than meth.

all im saying is that if someone wants to make a serious effort about getting in shape its no harder than getting your diet in order and hitting the gym for 30-45 minutes 4x a week.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

lol?

i think WiiFit is probably the cardiovascular equivelant to playing fetch with a dog.

all im saying is that if someone wants to make a serious effort about getting in shape its no harder than getting your diet in order and hitting the gym for 30-45 minutes 4x a week. [/quote]

Yes. Hell, just cutting out empty calories (pops/liquids + ‘cheat’ foods to everyone else,) and walking around the neighborhood two or three times a week, and the average person will see a difference.

Too bad people would rather watch others lose weight on television (Biggest Loser) than actually do it themselves. Vicarious experiences?

[quote]SSC wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

lol?

all im saying is that if someone wants to make a serious effort about getting in shape its no harder than getting your diet in order and hitting the gym for 30-45 minutes 4x a week.

Yes. Hell, just cutting out empty calories (pops/liquids + ‘cheat’ foods to everyone else,) and walking around the neighborhood two or three times a week, and the average person will see a difference.

Too bad people would rather watch others lose weight on television (Biggest Loser) than actually do it themselves. Vicarious experiences?[/quote]

i KNOW DUDE. my mom watches that show and she told me she wanted to go on it with her friend. im like why dont you just do some cardio and stop eating nothing but potato chips and hostess products. i told her she’d lose weight just by cutting out all the crap she eats which makes up a good 90% of her diet, without even doing cardio/weights. she’s just lazy

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
shit, playing an hr on DDR will help loose more weight than an hr on the balance board.[/quote]

Yes…and for more of a challenge you can grip a 2 1/2 dumbell in each sweaty palm.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

[/quote]

Where your comparison goes astray is the simple fact that you are comparing 2 negatives. The wii fit is at worst a neutral and really only even arguably a small positive.

It is not like choosing cigarettes over meth.

I personally have hurt my elbow playing wii fit tennis as well (I do admit gamming injuries are funny). I bench 385 and hurt my elbow with a video game forcing me to take of benching a week. Hah at me.

If youâ??ve ever really played it, hurting yourself really isnâ??t that out of the question.

Will you get the same kind of activity playing wii fit as jogging, no. But Iâ??ve never addictively jogged for 3 strait hours either. I completely wear myself out doing it.

I walk sever miles a day as part of my GPP and thatâ??s a lot less physically demanding that a good long session on wii.

Seriously, donâ??t knock it till youâ??ve tried it.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
It really isn�¢??t a bad idea. Most of it is decently fun and it has made me sore if I play for any real length of time, including hip flexors, core, calves. (I�¢??ve never done any of the yoga, cardio or �¢??strength�¢?? stuff, just the balance games).

It is much better than sitting on a couch or playing a video game. It is a very good replacement for couch potatoe time in someone�¢??s day. It is a problem when people use it to replace the active part of a healthy lifestyle.

If you don�¢??t confuse what it�¢??s good for and what you can accomplish with it, I see it as a perfectly legitimate tool for a healthy lifestyle.

[/quote]
You Serious ?? OMG

It seems like everyone just has a general dislike of anything physical. I just read a post on Facebook. One of my friends was going to the gym to workout and her friend commented “ewwwww”. I don’t know what’s so distastful about working out. I find it to be a great way to spend my time.

My point is that everyone wants the trophy but they don’t want to have to play the whole season to get it.

[quote]winkroar3 wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
It really isn�?�¢??t a bad idea. Most of it is decently fun and it has made me sore if I play for any real length of time, including hip flexors, core, calves. (I�?�¢??ve never done any of the yoga, cardio or �?�¢??strength�?�¢?? stuff, just the balance games).

It is much better than sitting on a couch or playing a video game. It is a very good replacement for couch potatoe time in someone�?�¢??s day. It is a problem when people use it to replace the active part of a healthy lifestyle.

If you don�?�¢??t confuse what it�?�¢??s good for and what you can accomplish with it, I see it as a perfectly legitimate tool for a healthy lifestyle.

You Serious ?? OMG
[/quote]

yup. Why? I have a play a Wii.

hahahahahahaha…

Unless you have so much fat that moving your fingers stimulates fat to melt off your body, wii fit probably won’t do too much.

[quote]TheBigV wrote:
hahahahahahaha…

Unless you have so much fat that moving your fingers stimulates fat to melt off your body, wii fit probably won’t do too much.[/quote]

I must be fat… oh well. I’ve been called worse.

Just curious though, ever played one?

[quote] Matt wrote:
I think the concept of the Wii fit is a good thing. The fact of the matter is, most people are not like “us” and never will be. Doing the Wii is a hell of a lot better than sitting on their fat ass watching tv or playing wow or some other bullshit. I say something is better than nothing, and maybe it can turn them on to actual training.

In all likelihood, most of them will tire of the wii also and go back to doing nothing.[/quote]

Nope soon as they get tired of it I will drop the Wii Ghetto Workout Starring Curtis Jackson.
It’ll come with a doo rag, shades, 40oz bottle for curls and a couch bar that lays across your couch and you pull yourself up with.

Then A rockstar abs game, has drum sticks connected to an ab machine you do a crunch and hit the drums.

I’m going to be riiiccchhhhhhh