Wii Controller for PS3?

OK T-Nation gamers, help a brother out.

Wife wants a Wii for the kids for Christmas. I’m addictive when it comes to games and if I’m going to have a game console in the house, I want the variety and features of the PS3.

Obviously, the big sell to the Wii is the motion control and ‘active’ games.

Are there Wii-like controllers available for PS3? If so, is there a half decent selection of ‘Wii-like’ games for PS3?

no controllers yet, but sony did announce it in june. It is supposed to be
out spring 2010. I know a lot of people who have the wii and it is a lot of fun. Having said that, I picked up a ps3 slim 3 weeks ago, just got through Bioshock-fantastic, I am now playing
Fall of Man-the AI is incredible, waiting in the wings is Dead Space and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. all of which I picked up for under $20 each.

to add to it, the web browser is great on my 52 inch high def, and just watched transformers on blue ray. In addition, Netflix just announced movie downloads will be available to the ps3.

But back to topic at hand, I am pretty excited they announced the new motion controller, but we will have to wait a bit before games are available.

also, i dont know how old your kids are, mine are very young, so there are not many kid friendly games on the ps3 that they could play like there are on the wii. (to be honest, I bought it for me not for them)

Any woman who thinks a Wii beats a PS3 should be kicked out of bed on her ass while she sleeps and then pummeled with pillows.

PS3 plays movies, MP3’s, pictures, internet browsing, cd’s (yeah, they still make those) and blu rays.

In addition to the great features already listed before, don’t forget you can always take the HDD out and put a much bigger one, turning it into a very nice media center. Also it has wi-fi…and it can stream directly from your PC to your tv…

GJA_BOSTON - thanks for that info. Kids are single digit aged, and the system is for them…

PX - Remember, we’re dealing with a beautiful, but irrational woman here (yes, ‘irrational woman’ is generally redundant, I know) … and a pregnant one at that (read: HYPER-hormonal). Hell hath no fury and all that…

As a rational dude, I’m sold on the PS3, so I’m looking for any features that make the sell. I fear this is an uphill battle, or worse, one that is already lost… DAMN!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Any woman who thinks a Wii beats a PS3 should be kicked out of bed on her ass while she sleeps and then pummeled with pillows.

PS3 plays movies, MP3’s, pictures, internet browsing, cd’s (yeah, they still make those) and blu rays.

[/quote]

ya, I am very happy i ended up with the ps3 since I was considering the other systems. The games are definitely a little bit more adult oriented than the games for the wii. I keep having to tell my kids to “please look the other way” while daddy blows an alien’s head off.

The PS3 controllers can work somewhat like a Wii controller, but sure about games that take full advantage of it.

I wanted a blu ray player so i just opted for the ps3. Best decision ever.

Just pony up the money for both. Keeps the wife happy and the kids off your system. My wife wanted the Wii for her and my daughter, and i got the ps3 for real games and blu ray player.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Just pony up the money for both. Keeps the wife happy and the kids off your system. My wife wanted the Wii for her and my daughter, and i got the ps3 for real games and blu ray player.[/quote]

X2

I dunno about you guys, but I have a blu-ray player, a nice computer, and a wii. If I had a nickel for every time a night of drinking and wii sports or something turned into strip bowling or strip boxing, I’d be able to get a taco bell taco…

BTW, strip boxing just gets better and better as the night goes on…

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

I got rid of my Wii after a couple of months with 4-7 times of playing (tennis). Then I rented Far Cry…HOLY FUCK SOOOO SHIITTTYY so I sold it to my older brother. Not my type of gaming. I haven’t cheated on my PS3 since.

Now that the PS3 is only $299 you can’t buy a decent blue ray player for that, so I broke down and got one, it’s awesome and I don’t play many games. I think the wii is entertaining but certainly for kids, maybe buy both? Sell your wife on the blue ray player :slight_smile: thats what I did and it worked.

ps3 FTW. i bought my system for tekken 6, street fighter 4 and god of war 4 when that comes. plus it does everything that they mentioned above. i stream movies to my system all the time. even got a few on the harddrive just incase someone is using the pc. someone being annoying and not getting off the pc, i just jump online with my system. it does everything except, cook food, give bj’s and play ps2 games.

Time to start a flame war!

THE XBOX 360 IS WAY FUCKING BETTER THAN THE PS3 AND IF YOU THINK DIFFERENTLY, YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

There is no current wii controller type for PS3. BUT there will be soon.
E3 2009 - PS3 Motion Controller - YouTube.
But if you want wii type games, but also the option of hardcore games, I would recommend the XBOX 360. E3 2009: Project Natal Xbox 360 Announcement - YouTube
If you want more details on what both are I will happily tell you!

Just Say NO to Wii.

Xbox 360 is the way to go, but a PS3 would be a good consolation prize. Project Natal will out Wii the Wii. Personally, I want to sit on the couch kill stuff when I’m gaming. If I have to stand up and jump around to play a game I might as well just go outside.

I thought the thread title said “Wife controller for PS3”.

Benefits of a Nintendo Wii:
-Games that are great for the family
-Games that are great for young kids(4yrs-13yrs)
-Cheap
-A bunch of mini games
-Its possible to upload Sega/Nintendo classics onto the Wii(Sonic, Mario, Golden Axe, Double Dragon, Mega Man, etc.)
-CHEAP!!!
-Super Smash Brothers Brawl! BUY IT. Fun as hell, even if you don’t know how to play.

Drawbacks of Nintendo Wii
-Graphics suck compared to other systems
-Online sucks!
-Not for Mature gamers
-Game variety sucks

Benefits of XBOX/PS3
-Grahpics
-Game variety
-Online play is amazing
-Extra capabilities like downloading movies, music, shows, and play Blu rays discs(PS3)

Drawbacks of XBOX/PS3
-Large amount of violent games that you may want to keep away from your kids
-The moment your child plays online, they will never be the same. He’ll end up talking to someone like me and I’ll make fun of them.
-The Price is HIGH! PS3 can suck a dick. Fuck their prices

I am not sure if this interests you, but there will be a PS3 slim with 250g of storage, coming out in the somewhat near future.