Wife's forgetting my B-Day.

I think my wife is in the process of forgetting my birthday!

First off, I’m not fishing for birthday wishes here, but I’m offered a unique situation.

Normally we plan our upcoming birthday parties together (dinner with friends etc…) but this year nothing has been mentioned about any plans, there is no sparkling wine in the fridge and my birthday is tomorrow…or in about 4 hours.

My wife (and I) are somewhat forgetful, however forgetting your spouses birthday is something special. I would like to present two courses of action which I could take.

1). This is my wife and I don’t want her to feel bad about forgetting. I can quite easily drop an oblique hint, which would help her remember, and I could enjoy watching her cover her tracks. In this manner she would save face, and she wouldn’t know that I even thought that she had forgot my b-day.

2). Prank her, say nothing, and reap about 2 solid weeks of great “I’m-so-sorry-I-forgot-your-birthday” type of sex. Of course I wouldn’t hold this over her head, and we both could get a good laugh about her forgetfulness…for many years to come.

A third possibilty is that she’s planning some kind of surprise party, but this is highly unlikely. My kids are away so there’s nobody but us at home, and we spent the afternoon with our best friends, who can’t keep a secret and are so transparent they can’t fool a child.

What would you guys do?

A “helpful hint”, or unlimited apologetic “let me make it up to you sex”?

Don’t hack on my wife for forgetting something like this, shes mine.

Edit: What would you guys do?

I don’t know my girlfriends birthdau and she kinda knows mine is in the summer. Fuck dude I barely remember my birthday. I didn’t know mine this year til someone texted me happy birthday

I was like “wrong number man my bday isn’t toda WHAAAAAAA?”

If you love and wish to protect and cherish your wife, don’t set her up, which both of your scenarios do. It’s mean. Say “hey, what are we doing for my birthday tomorrow?” and then if she seems upset assure her that you know this isn’t like her and that it’s fine, you caught it in time. Then enjoy both your birthday and your happy wife. If she’s dodgy when you bring it up I would assume she’s got something up her sleeve and let it be. Then enjoy both your birthday and your happy wife.

And happy birthday!

I’ve got 4 hours to think about it…

:frowning:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
If you love and wish to protect and cherish your wife, don’t set her up, which both of your scenarios do. It’s mean. Say “hey, what are we doing for my birthday tomorrow?” and then if she seems upset assure her that you know this isn’t like her and that it’s fine, you caught it in time. Then enjoy both your birthday and your happy wife. If she’s dodgy when you bring it up I would assume she’s got something up her sleeve and let it be. Then enjoy both your birthday and your happy wife.

And happy birthday![/quote]

Seems like a mature, non manipulative way to deal with your SO.

Sex.

She’s probably distracted, what with your sister marrying that bo-hunk tomorrow and your grandparents coming in for a visit with that crazy chinese foreign exchange student. So cut her some slack. In the end, you will probably get to hook up with that dreamboat Jake anyway, even though you might have to put up with some shit from the geek squad first after selling your underpants to appease them.

^^Didn’t lose a second on this.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

I don’t see how scenario #1 is setting her up. That’s probably how he should handle it.

I’m sorry, maybe I’m confusing people here. I don’t need advice, I just want to know what you would do in ths situation.

I know what’s going to happen.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

I don’t see how scenario #1 is setting her up. That’s probably how he should handle it.[/quote]

Maybe it is how he should handle it, I don’t know, but this:

…is setting her up.

I would go for option 2 in a loving way, of course.

[quote]Cuso wrote:
I’m sorry, maybe I’m confusing people here. I don’t need advice, I just want to know what you would do in ths situation.

I know what’s going to happen.[/quote]

I that case, I’d probably pretend I forgot it too.

Maybe someone is planning a surprise party

Birthdays suck.
A holiday celebrating your birth is ridiculous. It’s not like you accomplished this yourself.

I told my wife a couple of years ago to forget my birthday and let it pass like any other day.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Birthdays suck.
A holiday celebrating your birth is ridiculous. It’s not like you accomplished this yourself.

I told my wife a couple of years ago to forget my birthday and let it pass like any other day.[/quote]

Well yea. You knew how much traouble it was for her to try and fit that many candles on a cake…

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Birthdays suck.

I told my wife a couple of years ago to forget my birthday and let it pass like any other day.[/quote]

I’m with you on this. I just feel awkward when people congratulate me for having been born…

Time to punish her. PIITB.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

I don’t see how scenario #1 is setting her up. That’s probably how he should handle it.[/quote]

Maybe it is how he should handle it, I don’t know, but this:

…is setting her up.

[/quote]

Yeah well, women play games, every now and then it makes sense to remind them that men could play them too.

If they wanted to.