T Nation

Wife Witnessed A Crime

Did the cop show him a badge and ID?

[quote]on edge wrote:
Did the cop show him a badge and ID?[/quote]

Wife said she saw the guy pull his badge, however he was driving his own personal vehicle. If a guy pulled in front of you in a baby shit green 4 year old toyota and stepped to your window and showed a badge what would you do? Would you jump out? Or would you ask to wait for a marked car with a dressed officer?

Cops should not be allowed to pull people over in unmarked vehicles, regardless of the situation.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:
Did the cop show him a badge and ID?[/quote]

Wife said she saw the guy pull his badge, however he was driving his own personal vehicle. If a guy pulled in front of you in a baby shit green 4 year old toyota and stepped to your window and showed a badge what would you do? Would you jump out? Or would you ask to wait for a marked car with a dressed officer? [/quote]

I’m not sure. I guess it would be situational. I think in that situation, daylight with people around, I’d get out. It would be a tougher decision at night. I think I might be inclined to back away if I wasn’t blocked from behind.

No doubt it was a tough place to be for your friend. Blindly trust some yokel flashing a badge or get thrown in the slam for resisting arrest.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Cops should not be allowed to pull people over in unmarked vehicles, regardless of the situation.[/quote]

In my town half the cops are now driving unmarked vehicles. I see people pulled over by minivans now. They do have the lights inside.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
First, fuck the police. Now I feel better.

I see very little risk testifying against these cocksuckers as the same would be a matter of public record and if you were the victims of any harassment, the animus and motive would be clear. You guys should talk to the prosecutor’s office and discuss your concerns with them. And by the way, stand up for what’s right and testify against those filthy cowardly cocksuckers. We surrender many powers to them…we should hold them to the highest standard. If people do not stand up, then those filthy cowardly cocksuckers are free to practice their terrorism on anyone. [/quote]

Sorry BG missed this, we always do the right thing. My wife is shocked right now that this could happen, however knowing the latina that she is next comes the anger. And katy bar the door when she gets pissed she is something to worry about. [/quote]

BG has a good point. If you have a good prosecutor he can keep police pressure off. Not all prosecutors are honest. How can you tell?

Why the unmarked cars? When did this trend start? How is this not entrapment?

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]TommyGunz32 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

She should just tell the truth

It wont matter though, Rules/Laws simply do not apply to cops

Is it right? No, its just the way it is.

Sorry your wife had to see that.

Hope your friend the best, its prolly best not to even fight it maybe try to settle out of court.[/quote]

Okay but what if a convection will cost him his lively hood? I would lose my license to practice medicine with that type of convection. I do not know exactly what he does, something with the port authority. Would you just roll over and take it?

This is not fantasy life we are talking about. [/quote]

I mean I don’t know the entire situation so I can’t comment specifically.

Generally, if he didn’t do anything too malicious they will allow you to plead guilty to a lesser charge (hopefully misdemeanor) just to move the case along and avoid unnecessary court time. He should definitely lawyer up.

Just seems to me trying to fight he said she said with two cops as witnesses is going to be throwing money/time/stress at a lost cause.

What exactly is he being charged with?
[/quote]

My wife was the person to notify his wife about what happened. He is still in jail and has been charged with assault on an officer and resisting arrest. HE DID NOT do anything. He was sitting in his car, how do you assault someone standing outside your car window? This event happened in a few seconds, she of course could not hear what was being said. However what the hell could he have said to make a cop suddenly start punching him in the face? [/quote]

I agree man, the situation fucking sucks

That is a very serious charge

All your wife can do is tell the truth, it will help his case if she says he didn’t make a threatening action towards the cop.

He needs a good lawayer. A clean record and solid character references will go along way as well. It’s never easy going up against cops.

Did he get out of the car on his own or did the officer tell him to get out?

I don’t really have anything else to say, hope everything works out for everyone.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

She should just tell the truth

It wont matter though, Rules/Laws simply do not apply to cops

Is it right? No, its just the way it is.

Sorry your wife had to see that.

Hope your friend the best, its prolly best not to even fight it maybe try to settle out of court.[/quote]

Okay but what if a convection will cost him his lively hood? I would lose my license to practice medicine with that type of convection. I do not know exactly what he does, something with the port authority. Would you just roll over and take it?

This is not fantasy life we are talking about. [/quote]

I mean I don’t know the entire situation so I can’t comment specifically.

Generally, if he didn’t do anything too malicious they will allow you to plead guilty to a lesser charge (hopefully misdemeanor) just to move the case along and avoid unnecessary court time. He should definitely lawyer up.

Just seems to me trying to fight he said she said with two cops as witnesses is going to be throwing money/time/stress at a lost cause.

What exactly is he being charged with?
[/quote]

My wife was the person to notify his wife about what happened. He is still in jail and has been charged with assault on an officer and resisting arrest. HE DID NOT do anything. He was sitting in his car, how do you assault someone standing outside your car window? This event happened in a few seconds, she of course could not hear what was being said. However what the hell could he have said to make a cop suddenly start punching him in the face? [/quote]

I agree man, the situation fucking sucks

That is a very serious charge

All your wife can do is tell the truth, it will help his case if she says he didn’t make a threatening action towards the cop.

He needs a good lawayer. A clean record and solid character references will go along way as well. It’s never easy going up against cops.

Did he get out of the car on his own or did the officer tell him to get out?

I don’t really have anything else to say, hope everything works out for everyone.

[/quote]

He was dragged out of his car after he was beat up. Officer told him to get out and he requested to wait in his car until a marked car showed up. Then the cop started punching him.

If the guy in the car had, say, a tazer on him and USED it on the cop (and the cop didn’t pull out a badge), would the friend be charged with assaulting an officer?

I ask because I’ve always been curious about undercover cops. If they threaten someone and the person’s reaction is reasonable–self defense mode, etc–and the cop gets knocked out or something, is this just considered an “occupational hazard,” or is it a case where the citizen is told, “Sorry, you hit a cop. Didn’t know he was a cop? Too bad, now you do.”

Make sense? Anyone know how this works?

DJHT,

You seem like a good dude and I’m sure your wife is just as good a person. Please flush out a dirty system by exposing this cocksucker. Fuck, I wish it was recorded on video and posted all over the net for media to jump on.

The wife feels bad that she was not able to video tape it. Which also brings up the topic that if cops are using unmarked cars there are no video camera’s like in marked cars. Are they using unmarked to skirt the law?

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Cops should not be allowed to pull people over in unmarked vehicles, regardless of the situation.[/quote]

Agreed.

This is what can easily happen if it’s allowed to continue:

http://www.wesh.com/news/24464684/detail.html

TAMPA, Fla. – Police in Tampa arrested a man on Saturday and charged him with impersonating an officer and raping a woman.

Luis Marcelo Munuzuri Harris, 31, of DeLand, was arrested in the 4200 block of Henderson Boulevard in Tampa. Police said Harris is suspected of raping a woman on Thursday.

Police did not identify the victim except to say she was about 30 to 35 years old. They said she was driving down Bayshore Boulevard on Thursday at about 10 p.m., when a man flagged her down with a blue laser flashlight.

Police said the man told her he was an undercover officer and that he had pulled her over because he believed her to be intoxicated.

At that point, police said, Harris handcuffed the victim and told her to get into the back seat of his car, a beige Chevrolet Malibu. Police said the vehicle had a satellite-style antenna on the roof and a standard antenna on the trunk, which is similar to the antennae of a government issued vehicle.

The woman was driven around in the Malibu and then taken to a bank, where police said the man used her debit card to take money out of an ATM.

Police said Harris then took the woman back to the area of her car, which was parked in the median of Bayshore Boulevard.

Police said the victim was allowed to leave after the man climbed into the back seat and raped her.

The victim told police that Harris said he would be following her home, but once he was gone, she called 911.

What are the chances of a civil suit against the cop or the department in a situation like this?

DD I dont know, I dont even know if he is bailed out of jail yet. I doubt they are thinking that far ahead.

Damn Dj you have been having some shitty luck lately, sorry to hear about this, I definitely think yall should do everything in your power to fuck these cops, I really hope you all can do that without sacrificing your families well being

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:
Damn Dj you have been having some shitty luck lately, sorry to hear about this, I definitely think yall should do everything in your power to fuck these cops, I really hope you all can do that without sacrificing your families well being[/quote]

Yea no shit the past 6 months has been a bitch and there is things that have happened that I will not share on here.

Your friend needs a good lawyer. He/she will be able to do more than any of us could (unless there is a good lawyer out there). Your wife should tell what she witnessed but needs to do it in a clinical fashion, clear and consistently. Leave emotion or supposing out of it. If she describes the scene the same way each time it will have more creditably and seem less a person tale against the officer and rather a reporting of a crime…

^ No doubt. My wife has had a lot of dealings with lawyers with her X husband. She can give a consitent statement.

I started this thread also to get some views from around the country about unmarked cars and what people would do in the same situation.

We need some of the resident cops to explain exactly what a citizens rights are in a situation like this.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.