T Nation

Wife Training for 1st PL Meet in November

[quote]rfstef2 wrote:
Fist bumps![/quote]

:Fist Bump: Your awesome thanks for all the positive reinforcement.

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]rfstef2 wrote:
Fist bumps![/quote]

:Fist Bump: Your awesome thanks for all the positive reinforcement.[/quote]
Good, good! I think positive support is hugely important in most things.

Squat day at TSF today. Kristi meet in Novemeber she is planning on competiting in knee wraps so, today for the first time we put some light wraps on her just to see how it would effect her form. Needless to say it didn’t at all and holy cow she impressed today.

Worked up to 155lbs her personal best and she smoked it with no wraps. We then started to incorporate the wraps and went up to 170lbs and it looked like a speed squat. So we said lets see whats up and she went for 190lbs and hit it almost effortlessly. Needless to say is going to easily exceed her 200lbs Squat goal at Record Breakers.

Speed Pulls: 135 for 6 sets of 2
GHR: 3 sets of 15.

Nice fast squat! congrats to her!

nice job !

Hi! This is Kristi. I finally made my own profile so I will be updating this from now on!

Thanks guys for the feedback and advice.

About time baby

:-). Only with because of all your encouragement!

Rocked that squat. Super exciting. And, I love seeing the two of you train together. Well done kids.

Bench Day yesterday at the Rush at 5:00am :-(. Sorry for delay of write up but, had I had to go to school yesterday so was very busy.

I felt really good and just really didn’t feel like doing a whole bunch of reps so I talked hubby into letting me go for a max 3. I was very pleased I went up to 100lbs for 3 and all looked great slightly slow on the last rep at lockout but, looked good. So I attempted 105lbs for and I got 2 that looked pretty solid but the last rep my butt flew off the bench pretty bad but none the less. My best ever Bench before today was 95lbd for nasty 2 so I am very pleased. We backed down to 80lbs and performed 1 set of max reps paused at chest and hit 8.

Narrow Grip Cable Row: 4 sets of 60lbs for 10
Wide Pulldown: 4 sets of 60 for 10

Video of the 105lbs Bench for 3ish yesterday.

Way to keep going :slight_smile: Early, crazy, and/or busy days make gymming a greater challenge so well done sticking to your plan. (Thumbs up and Luna gives you a paw up)

Thank you! The 5 o’clock mornings always make me feel better :-). With lifting and the day in general.

DUDE! When I work out in the early a.m., I usually feel kinda icky. My tummy always feels a bit upset when I move around too quickly first thing in the gym. When I get up early, I like to grab a giant cup of coffee and click through my e-mail and contemplate my existence. Good for you being able to get right to it. Hope your week is going well. – R

Sorry every one I have been crazy busy with school and work and this is really the first chance I have gotten to even sit down and review my journal and post it up.

Saturday August 3- Squat Day
I had a very short day today. I walked in did my Squats and went home… we were tired… don’t judge us…

Worked up to 155 and did 2 sets of 3 and then 1 set for 6. I think I was alittle bit high on the last 2 reps but, that was literally my all time best for a single a few weeks ago so I will take it :slight_smile:

Leg Curls 3 sets of some what ever number and we went home.

Tuesday August 6- HEAVY AS HELL Bench Day with the guys at TSF… gay
I felt really good today and I made the mistake of saying I felt really good and every one was oh really well its time for you to not feel good any more… you guys suck by the way.

I started Benching and worked up to about 70lbs and felt great every thing was just going up perfectly for sets of 8 and then Dustin was like hey lets work on your lockout because that’s where you suck for some reason and lets put all these really heavy chains on the bar :frowning: haha. After about 2 sets I still had the 70lbs on the bar but 25lbs of chains and I started hitting sets of 3. Everything was still going up really well so we started adding 5lbs each set and I topped out with 90lbs plus 25lbs of chains for a set of 3.

DB Rows 5 sets of 10 with 25lbs.
Wide Pulldowns 5 sets of 10 with 65lbs.

Then we went home I was honestly spent.

Then today finally…
Sunday August 11- Squat Day

Worked to 165 for 1 set of 2. I felt ok but my legs started caving in so I did 4 more sets of 1 and called it. Next week will shoot for 2-3 sets of 2 and so forth.

Then I did a short circuit of Leg Curls for 10 reps with 50lbs, Leg Extensions for 10 reps with 60lbs, 10 lunges, 10 GHR did this for 3 rounds.

We left the gym and got Sushi :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading.

[quote]rfstef2 wrote:
DUDE! When I work out in the early a.m., I usually feel kinda icky. My tummy always feels a bit upset when I move around too quickly first thing in the gym. When I get up early, I like to grab a giant cup of coffee and click through my e-mail and contemplate my existence. Good for you being able to get right to it. Hope your week is going well. – R[/quote]

I used to hate it but it makes my day go by so much easier and I am definitely ready to hit the bed when I get home rather than have to work and go to school all day then come home and go move some weights. I’m not big on coffee so my workouts are my wakeup usually. I had a good week very busy and glad I have a day of rest today after our squats this morning. Hope your week was well.

Kristi, training looking good ! Let me know if you all are ever in Knoxville, we should get a training session together.

[quote]SquattinMachine wrote:

I used to hate it but it makes my day go by so much easier and I am definitely ready to hit the bed when I get home rather than have to work and go to school all day then come home and go move some weights. I’m not big on coffee so my workouts are my wakeup usually. I had a good week very busy and glad I have a day of rest today after our squats this morning. Hope your week was well.

[/quote]

Hey! Nice job on benching. Lifting at the end of the day is pretty hard; my preference is late morning or mid-day now that I have had a chance to try all three options. I like being in the office working early but not in the gym. Also, I can’t even imagine my life without coffee :slight_smile: What are you in school for? I think I can probably relate to the whole juggling a lot and trying to still be consistent at the gym; back when I was a fourth year in grad school, I would do school stuff all day and not get to the gym until 9 and not finish working out until like 10:30 pm which would mean I would get home around midnight because I lived about 50 miles away from school. I also didn’t sleep which is NOT good for recovery. Good to here that you are taking care of yourself in lots of domains (especially with the sleep). This is really important and I wish I would have learned this earlier.

[quote]lil power wrote:
Kristi, training looking good ! Let me know if you all are ever in Knoxville, we should get a training session together. [/quote]

Thanks, definitely will we don’t go there often - next time I go through there maybe I can stop.

[quote]rfstef2 wrote:

[quote]SquattinMachine wrote:

[/quote]

Hey! Nice job on benching. Lifting at the end of the day is pretty hard; my preference is late morning or mid-day now that I have had a chance to try all three options. I like being in the office working early but not in the gym. Also, I can’t even imagine my life without coffee :slight_smile: What are you in school for? I think I can probably relate to the whole juggling a lot and trying to still be consistent at the gym; back when I was a fourth year in grad school, I would do school stuff all day and not get to the gym until 9 and not finish working out until like 10:30 pm which would mean I would get home around midnight because I lived about 50 miles away from school. I also didn’t sleep which is NOT good for recovery. Good to here that you are taking care of yourself in lots of domains (especially with the sleep). This is really important and I wish I would have learned this earlier. [/quote]

Thank you! I have to lift at the beginning or end of the day because of my work schedule. I am in school for psychology to be a substance abuse/mental health counselor for adolescents. Working on my BS then on to my MS. I have always enjoyed my sleep and I make sure I don’t sacrifice that even with everything else I have to do haha.